Comet Reunion....Ace's last chance?

Talk about anything KISS related here.
PyroMessiah86

Comet Reunion....Ace's last chance?

Postby PyroMessiah86 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:46 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmtvDlNRTL8&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

I don't know who here has been following the little news on this but Tod Howarth has been trying to get the band back together for the past year or so. Recently he finally got to see Ace face to face for the first time in years at one of Ace's book signings. Word is Tod and John Regan want in and are both waiting on Ace. (Could be a long wait! :lol: )

This got me thinking...I'd love to see it. It also got me thinking would a Frehley's Comet reunion be Ace's last chance to do something worthwhile? It's quite obvious a solo album isn't gonna come out any time soon (if at all). The falling concert attendance due to Ace's unpredictability and probably a bunch of other reasons also....something needs to be done and Ace is too lazy to push for greatness again himself I think as a solo artist.

Would a Frehley's Comet reunion be a much needed kick in the ass for Ace and the attendance at live shows?
Who here would like to see it? I know I would. A new album would also be interesting to hear in 2012 aswell I think. How would the FC of 2012 sound? I want to find out...

Ray The Tongue
Alive II (1977)

Re: Comet Reunion....Ace's last chance?

Postby Ray The Tongue » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:33 am

It would be a good writing team but as always it depends on Ace, could not see it lasting long. Would be nice to have a more varied set list not just Kiss standards.

Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Postby Father Jack » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:36 am

A Frehley's Comet reunion isn't going to re-ignite Ace's career. Having John Regan & Tod Howarth joining him will not give him a better band than the one he has with Scott & Anthony thats if Ace even bothers to take them up on their offer.
Personally, Im very surprised John Regan would want to join forces with Ace again after being shafted by him in the 80's.

RippingFleshFromBone
Dynasty (1979)

Postby RippingFleshFromBone » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:16 pm

The band as it is works for me.

A reunion would not make me any more, or any less, interested in seeing Ace.

It's history. Just leave it there.
ACK!...It's Rock 'n' Roll!!

grunge
Peter Criss (1978)
Location: Walsall, West Of The Midlands! Official KISS ARMY Member #1010 XBox Live: Oh4Q

Postby grunge » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:23 pm

He wouldn't show up :neutral:
Danger You, Danger Me, Danger Mouse!
Shock Me - Put on your black SWEATER!

ImageImageImage ImageImage

Starscreamsrevenge
Destroyer (1976)

Postby Starscreamsrevenge » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:56 pm

I personally would LOVE a comet reunion (eventhough I still call Ace's solo venture Frehley's Comet, it sounds cooler!!!) I know its been over 25 years since they last played together, but the level of musicianship they had at that time was amazing, the Live+4 vid is my favourite Ace solo gig.

As everyone else has said, its up to Ace, but I personally think having John and Todd to bounce off would reinvigorate him musically and performance wise (at least for a couple of years till he gets bored again!!!!) Besides, it might even include a gig at Hammersmith again, now that can't be bad!!!
ACE RULES!!!! (But Tommy isn't doing too bad) ACE-) ACE-) ACE-) ACE-)

tallfruit
Alive II (1977)

Postby tallfruit » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:02 pm

i was in hammersmith odean (as it was then called) when frehleys comet played there and it was an amaazing gig back in 88 , think id rather keep this as my memory of them that see a reunion, with ace not giving it 100%

RippingFleshFromBone
Dynasty (1979)

Postby RippingFleshFromBone » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:14 pm

tallfruit wrote:i was in hammersmith odean (as it was then called) when frehleys comet played there and it was an amaazing gig back in 88 , think id rather keep this as my memory of them that see a reunion, with ace not giving it 100%

100% agree.

The Hammersmith Odeon gig was classic, but it was a 'time and place' thing and it's now past.

AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)

Postby AxeBass » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:00 pm

I personally think Ace needs the enthusiasm and drive of a younger band behind him... Just like Gene and Paul do. No more reunions please.

RippingFleshFromBone
Dynasty (1979)

Postby RippingFleshFromBone » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:17 pm

AxeBass wrote:I personally think Ace needs the enthusiasm and drive of a younger band behind him... Just like Gene and Paul do. No more reunions please.

Well that certainly rules out Tod & John then!!!!

PyroMessiah86

Postby PyroMessiah86 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:19 pm

I'm surprised there's no love for Frehley's Comet here :lol:
What if they came out with a great album then and followed it with a tour?

At one point in 2008 I thought the younger band was getting Ace to keep it together too but unfortunately that brief moment disappeared fairly quickly. Ace in 2008 I think had the best lineup of his career. As soon as the hair dresser left it started to implode or so it appeared to me. As Father Jack pointed out it's surprising John Regan would want in after the stash of money owed to him from previous business with Ace. If it did come together hopefully Tod & John could pull Ace together.

As long as Richie Scarlett (hack) doesn't enter the picture all is good. :lol:

RippingFleshFromBone
Dynasty (1979)

Postby RippingFleshFromBone » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:33 pm

PyroMessiah86 wrote:I'm surprised there's no love for Frehley's Comet here :lol:
What if they came out with a great album then and followed it with a tour?

At one point in 2008 I thought the younger band was getting Ace to keep it together too but unfortunately that brief moment disappeared fairly quickly. Ace in 2008 I think had the best lineup of his career. As soon as the hair dresser left it started to implode or so it appeared to me. As Father Jack pointed out it's surprising John Regan would want in after the stash of money owed to him from previous business with Ace. If it did come together hopefully Tod & John could pull Ace together.

As long as Richie Scarlett (hack) doesn't enter the picture all is good. :lol:

It's not that I don't love Frehleys Comet...the 1st album is pure class!!!

But I can't see what Tod n John could offer what his present band doesn't?

Tho maybe Todd singing wouldn't be as bad as listening to Ace's bored sounding vocals. Or should that be talk-als!!! Doesn't really 'sing' these days, does he!!???

PyroMessiah86

Postby PyroMessiah86 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:44 pm

Tod still has a great voice although it's not to everyones taste. I thought his voice was class. This acoustic recording of 'Time Ain't Running Out' from Second Sighting was done the other year.

The Dant
Love Gun (1977)

Postby The Dant » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:15 pm

Not interested in a reunion - especially if Jamie Oldaker is roped in to ruin all the drum parts like he did last time.

Being Eric Clapton's drummer means nothing if you can't play Anton's fills right and also have a really annoying over-reliance on your China cymbal (listen to that Second Sighting album - he hits the bloody thing far too often :twisted: )

And as FJ rightly says, John Regan should know far far better than to hook up with Ace for a 2nd time. He was too trusting 1st time around.

Ian
3-)
http://www.iandanter.co.uk

We are now the knights who say...ekky ekky ekky f'tang woop longerlmmmmmmmn...........ni

nicksmithworld
Killers (1982)
Location: Wolverhampton "You are the rock'n'roll capital of the World!"

Postby nicksmithworld » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:15 am

The problem isn't 'which musical vehicle would best suit Ace?'- the problem is Ace
feel free to feel offended, cyber-bullied, put out, outside of the clique, side-lined, marginalised or just generally have the piss taken out of. However it's a JOKE!-Nick's Mirth World!

Return to “General KISS Chat”