monster delivery on mon

Talk about anything KISS related here.
RippingFleshFromBone
Dynasty (1979)

Re: monster delivery on mon

Postby RippingFleshFromBone » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:17 pm

Sour Mash wrote:......and they wonder why people Download.....

...and that's why so many shops close down. If peeps actually went to the shop and just bought it, there wouldn't be a problem about delivery, we wouldn't have Gene and others whining about illegal downloads, albums sales might be more than the predicted 60,000 in the first week in the USA & then hopefully if bands got a better income from record sales we might have more reasonable ticket prices seeing as that's the arguement for the prices cos they don't make anything from sales anymore.
ACK!...It's Rock 'n' Roll!!

Pjcity
The Originals (1976)

Postby Pjcity » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:26 pm

I wouldn't have a problem going to buy the album in a shop in fact I would prefer the experience of going along on the day of release to buy it however I bought pre order because it was going to be cheaper.

When HMV and so many others charge more in-store for the same item you can buy on-line then that is not on and stops me buying instore.....

If the retailer sells both On-line and in- store then they should be the same price ....

The problem arises when you pre order and expect it to arrive on the same day of release, it probably wont (definitely wont if you buy from HMV on-line ).

Whilst I did have to wait until Friday for my 3D sleeve it was definately worth the wait and I didn't get tempted to listen elsewhere or download to spoil the surprises

kingjames1970
The Originals II (1978)

Postby kingjames1970 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:28 pm

RippingFleshFromBone wrote:

...and that's why so many shops close down. If peeps actually went to the shop and just bought it, there wouldn't be a problem about delivery, we wouldn't have Gene and others whining about illegal downloads, albums sales might be more than the predicted 60,000 in the first week in the USA & then hopefully if bands got a better income from record sales we might have more reasonable ticket prices seeing as that's the arguement for the prices cos they don't make anything from sales anymore.

I know when I used to buy CDs a long time ago, they used to cost about £14 if not a new release. Music industry greed is as much to blame for the downfall of the music industry. Now they won't take chances on good bands and they put out formulaic X Factor type pap that nobody over the age of 12 or has a brain cell will buy. It's a vicious circle. I'd like to see better deals for artists on iTunes (or wherever) where new bands can cut out the middle men. But I think record shops are gone forever especially if you need a chart CD you'd just get it cheap in the supermarket.

It would be interesting to see how many of those 60,000 in the States are CDs and how many are downloads. I bought Monster on iTunes, per-ordered and listened to it over my coffee on the morning of release.

RippingFleshFromBone
Dynasty (1979)

Postby RippingFleshFromBone » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:56 pm

kingjames1970 wrote:
RippingFleshFromBone wrote:...and that's why so many shops close down. If peeps actually went to the shop and just bought it, there wouldn't be a problem about delivery, we wouldn't have Gene and others whining about illegal downloads, albums sales might be more than the predicted 60,000 in the first week in the USA & then hopefully if bands got a better income from record sales we might have more reasonable ticket prices seeing as that's the arguement for the prices cos they don't make anything from sales anymore.

I know when I used to buy CDs a long time ago, they used to cost about £14 if not a new release. Music industry greed is as much to blame for the downfall of the music industry. Now they won't take chances on good bands and they put out formulaic X Factor type pap that nobody over the age of 12 or has a brain cell will buy. It's a vicious circle. I'd like to see better deals for artists on iTunes (or wherever) where new bands can cut out the middle men. But I think record shops are gone forever especially if you need a chart CD you'd just get it cheap in the supermarket.

It would be interesting to see how many of those 60,000 in the States are CDs and how many are downloads. I bought Monster on iTunes, per-ordered and listened to it over my coffee on the morning of release.

That is true about new releases, which is why I usually waited a few weeks before buying a new CD...unless it was KISS of course!

I posted the link in the 'midweek sales ' thread and the 60,000 is supposedely from the 4 biggest retail outlets only.

Sour Mash
Unmasked (1980)

Postby Sour Mash » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:41 pm

but people dont go to shops!! because there is none,the nearest record shop to me is 55 miles away !! I wasnt really addressing the point of why we have to rely on Deliveries,just that if you pre order a CD weeks before release why do you have to then wait another week for delivery

I pre ordered Monster from Play.Com waited 5 days for it after release

I pre ordered Destroyer ressurected from HMV waited 5 days after release then got an email saying it was out Of Stock !!!

useless C***s,,,That is why people download..
IAN

http://kissoffline2012.forumotion.co.uk/
Dont Take Shit from anyone...ever....
Gene Simmons 1984..

Pete

Postby Pete » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:23 am

Pjcity wrote:I wouldn't have a problem going to buy the album in a shop in fact I would prefer the experience of going along on the day of release to buy it however I bought pre order because it was going to be cheaper.

When HMV and so many others charge more in-store for the same item you can buy on-line then that is not on and stops me buying instore.....

If the retailer sells both On-line and in- store then they should be the same price ....

The problem arises when you pre order and expect it to arrive on the same day of release, it probably wont (definitely wont if you buy from HMV on-line ).

Whilst I did have to wait until Friday for my 3D sleeve it was definately worth the wait and I didn't get tempted to listen elsewhere or download to spoil the surprises

It was £10 in HMV.
Pete
Image *-) $-) ACE-) 3-) Image

RippingFleshFromBone
Dynasty (1979)

Postby RippingFleshFromBone » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:17 pm

You know I really don't get this downloading, or pre-order stuff.

One of the thrills of getting a new album was waiting for release day, walking into the store, seeing the displays, picking it up and lovingly holding it! The excitement of taking it home, knowing that you were just 10 minutes away (in my case anyway) from hearing it. Taking it out the sleeve, or case as in these days, and then BOOM!!! There it was! Those first chords and you were in RnR heaven again!

This was a ritual I LOVED! And even last Monday when I walked into HMV and there it was! MONSTER!!! Looking at me going 'BUY ME!!!' (not literally, I' don't really think they speak to me!)

Where's the excitement of clicking a few buttons and downloading or waiting on the postie? And almost everytime I've had to order a cd online frm HMV it's turned up with a damaged case... :roll:

Each to their own, I guess... :wink:

Dan bach
Animalize (1984)

Postby Dan bach » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:33 am

RippingFleshFromBone wrote:You know I really don't get this downloading, or pre-order stuff.

One of the thrills of getting a new album was waiting for release day, walking into the store, seeing the displays, picking it up and lovingly holding it! The excitement of taking it home, knowing that you were just 10 minutes away (in my case anyway) from hearing it. Taking it out the sleeve, or case as in these days, and then BOOM!!! There it was! Those first chords and you were in RnR heaven again!

This was a ritual I LOVED! And even last Monday when I walked into HMV and there it was! MONSTER!!! Looking at me going 'BUY ME!!!' (not literally, I' don't really think they speak to me!)

Where's the excitement of clicking a few buttons and downloading or waiting on the postie? And almost everytime I've had to order a cd online frm HMV it's turned up with a damaged case... :roll:

Each to their own, I guess... :wink:

RFFB, I'm partly with you on this one. I'm lucky that I still have a record store to pop into - when I like. It's a 20 mins walk from my house.
I did the exact thing you describe - I walked in ... had a friendly "hello, how are you" with the record shop owner (that I've known since 1982 - KISS KIllers was bought first day from him).
Then I asked "are they in" .... I was presented with the vinyl and the ordinary version ... but also = this is where I start not agreeing with you ... the crafty geezer slipped in the " oh, Dan you know there is a 3d version of the album, I've managed to get two" ... then this blackmail of sorts got the better of me - so I bought three versions - costing in all just under £41.00.

I know I'm a little tight Welshman, and I'm all for saving money ... I haven't priced up what the total cost would have been on Amazon, Play or HMV ... but undoubtedly would have cost less than £41.00.
But for the KISS fan collector of 33 years ... I got the new album on the day of the release - and to me that is priceless 8) 8) 8) 8) *-) $-) ACE-) 3-)

I have heard that HMV and Amazon were slow - well if that was me - I would be ready to go down to the Swansea Amazon distribution centre and create a muthaf**kin' riot.

The only thing that grates me, slightly, is that all the Amazon, Play and HMV orders don't count (allegedly) as UK stats, they are import stats.

Deuce
The Originals II (1978)

Postby Deuce » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:04 pm

:

Wow you and me were as one at this point in the space time continuum.........

Couldn't agree more, despite the temptations of obtaining said release a few weeks before official release, this time I waited for the day and got my physical copy first (unlike I did with SB, which I also collected on release day).

Deuce
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Steve

---------------------------------------------

Stand by my side, I'll be there for you......

Get up! and get your Grandma outta here

Return to “General KISS Chat”