Any new selist rumours for this year?

Talk about anything KISS related here.
Starscreamsrevenge
Destroyer (1976)

Any new selist rumours for this year?

Postby Starscreamsrevenge » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Anyone heard anything, or will it be more a case of same old, same old?

I was listening to Revenge on vinyl yesterday, and I wish the guys would play just a couple of obscure tracks every now and then to keep everyone happy. Imagine how good something like 'Spit' or 'Domino' would sound with this line-up. This is truly the only aspect of new Kiss that infuriates me, they are so set in their ways of 'we have to keep it to the '70s vibe', why? Why can't the set be changed slightly every now and again?

And...rant over. When alls said and done, I'll have a great time in Helsinki (and hopefully the UK!), but it'll probably irk me again a few weeks later!!
ACE RULES!!!! (But Tommy isn't doing too bad) ACE-) ACE-) ACE-) ACE-)

TONYSOUTH
Alive II (1977)

Re: Any new selist rumours for this year?

Postby TONYSOUTH » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:53 pm

Starscreamsrevenge wrote:Anyone heard anything, or will it be more a case of same old, same old?

I was listening to Revenge on vinyl yesterday, and I wish the guys would play just a couple of obscure tracks every now and then to keep everyone happy. Imagine how good something like 'Spit' or 'Domino' would sound with this line-up. This is truly the only aspect of new Kiss that infuriates me, they are so set in their ways of 'we have to keep it to the '70s vibe', why? Why can't the set be changed slightly every now and again?

And...rant over. When alls said and done, I'll have a great time in Helsinki (and hopefully the UK!), but it'll probably irk me again a few weeks later!!

I'm sure it will be the same old setlist with a few songs from Monster (have a look at the three sides of the coin podcast on this subject)

This is only my opinion… it is neither right nor wrong (but my lovely wife tells me I'm always wrong)!

Pete

Postby Pete » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:01 pm

All will be revealed in a day or so I guess. Doubt very much there'll be massive changes though.
Pete
Image *-) $-) ACE-) 3-) Image

kingy500
Alive! (1975)

Postby kingy500 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:33 pm

Never mind what's in the set list, a UK gig listing would be helpful.
I've resigned myself to the fact that there may only be one gig in the UK on the monster tour.
Don't really give a shit what's in the set as long as it's a good show.
So come on put us all out of our misery and announce the tour dates asap.

frontier(s)
Alive II (1977)

Postby frontier(s) » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:24 am

Given that it's unlikely Kiss will play the UK again with the current line-up, it'd be nice to think they'd extend the set a little and really make some changes. Unfortunately, I suspect Kiss will think that because it's unlikely they will play the UK again with the current line-up they must only play the same 'classics' they've played here every time since 1996.

AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)

Postby AxeBass » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:49 am

Id be more than happy with predominently Alive and Alive 2 classics with 2 from Monster and 2 or 3 from other albums .... Unholy, Creatures, Psycho Circus, MDD, Heavens on Fire etc providing they drop I Love It Loud, GGRNRTY, Crazy Nights and IWMFLY.

Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Postby Father Jack » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:52 am

How do you reach the conclusion kiss "think it unlikely they will play the UK again " ???
I really can't fathom how people manage to think up these things.

frontier(s)
Alive II (1977)

Postby frontier(s) » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:00 am

Father Jack wrote:How do you reach the conclusion kiss "think it unlikely they will play the UK again " ???
I really can't fathom how people manage to think up these things.

It'll have been over 3 years since the Sonic Boom tour by the time they play here (assuming it's this year). Assuming it's a similar period betweent the next tour, which is likely, Paul and Gene will be getting close to 70 years old.

Just can't see it, myself.

Although, I guess the chance of one last 'Final (Final, this time) Tour' would be too good for them to pass up on.

Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Postby Father Jack » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:15 am

I can see at least one more show before they get wheeled off to their rest homes. :D

TONYSOUTH
Alive II (1977)

Postby TONYSOUTH » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:27 am

Father Jack wrote:I can see at least one more show before they get wheeled off to their rest homes. :D

If it is to be their last uk show, we can always come and see DTK, I'm sure you still have a number of years still left in you all and unlike KISS you could have a few different song in the setlist maybe "Great Expectations" (like waiting for KISS to make an annoucement about tour dates), something from the Elder "A World Without Heroes" (for when they finally hang up their boots) and maybe something for lovers of hard rock from Gene' solo album "When You Wish upon a Star" :wink: :lol: :roll:
This is only my opinion… it is neither right nor wrong (but my lovely wife tells me I'm always wrong)!

dtkdemongene
Music From "The Elder" (1981)

Postby dtkdemongene » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:44 pm

It'll be the same old set + 3 songs from Monster.

Nothing to see here.....move along please.....
Live the KISS experience with the World's longest running/Europe's #1 KISS Tribute Band 'Dressed To Kill'.
http://www.dressedtokill.org.uk
http://www.myspace.com/kisstributeuk
The PERSONAL choice of Gene Simmons - "Accept NO substitutes!"

alexmai
KISS (1974)

Postby alexmai » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:14 am

At rehearsals in LA they played "Sweet Pain," "Flaming Youth," "I Stole Your Love," "Christine Sixteen," and "Room Service" :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Postby Father Jack » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:08 pm

When was this ?

Pete

Postby Pete » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:31 pm

Father Jack wrote:When was this ?

25th February...

http://andreascarlsson.net/wordpress/

Hello! Has it cruelly in Los Angeles! The other day I was at SIR studios to see KISS prepare for their Monster Tour in Australia. I ended up in a crossfire of plectrum as Gene and Paul took turns to fire at me. Gene can from 20 feet away hit a Coke can, which precision. Maybe it was a way of selecting the groupies in the audience back in the day? I got to my great delight select and hear songs that rarely even been in KISS repertoire from my comfortable couch in front of the edge of the stage. Forgotten classics like Sweet Pain, Flaming Youth, I Stole Your Love, Christine Sixteen and unusual Room Service. The last one was a proposal that emerged from a demo that I and my good friend guitar Phantom and producer Tommy Denander recorded in my studio a few weeks ago. A total homage to the world's best band signed on vocals.

Have a nice day!

AC

Pete
Image *-) $-) ACE-) 3-) Image

starchildmark
Music From "The Elder" (1981)

Postby starchildmark » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:52 pm

Pete carries FJ once more :roll: :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: learn to use the internet Daniel, its a great place :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “General KISS Chat”