What are the best Revenge shows?

Talk about anything KISS related here.
Starscreamsrevenge
Destroyer (1976)

What are the best Revenge shows?

Postby Starscreamsrevenge » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:49 am

Mods: please feel free to move, but I know the other forums don't get much viewing.

Hi everyone,

I've got Bethlehem '92 which is great because of the rare songs (for that tour) like Tears Are Falling, Christine 16 etc, but the uncut Detroit one is definately the best IMO because they seem much more musically tighter (more shows under their belt I suppose). Are there any other gems from this tour like the Detroit show?

I love the Revenge line-up, probably the most musical line-up ever, with Eric fully unleashed, they are an absolute POWERHOUSE. I hope beyond hope this line-up does something for the 40th next year (it would be strange not to, being as there's three of the four in the line-up and Bruce is still a close friend). Imagine if they just played like this, one last time with all the obscure stuff only Bruce can play well.

Anyway, I digress. Thanks for the info!!!
ACE RULES!!!! (But Tommy isn't doing too bad) ACE-) ACE-) ACE-) ACE-)

Sour Mash
Unmasked (1980)

Re: What are the best Revenge shows?

Postby Sour Mash » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:59 am

Although it was The HITS production. , Cardiff... This gig was Amazing , all the UK 92 shows were good but this was special
IAN

http://kissoffline2012.forumotion.co.uk/
Dont Take Shit from anyone...ever....
Gene Simmons 1984..

Pete

Postby Pete » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:08 am

Sour Mash wrote:Although it was The HITS production. , Cardiff... This gig was Amazing , all the UK 92 shows were good but this was special

Birmingham 25/26 were also great. As for actual Revenge shows B.Monkey4 should be able to give you a little more guidance as he followed the band around the US during this tour I believe...
Pete
Image *-) $-) ACE-) 3-) Image

Starscreamsrevenge
Destroyer (1976)

Postby Starscreamsrevenge » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:44 am

Thanks for the advice, isn't Cardiff the show where the ceiling caught fire? I've been trying to get either Birmingham show for ages now (as my parents were at these shows, so I'd like to see what they experienced).

Ok, I'll shoot off a message to b.monkey.4. I bet travelling across the states in '92 was a bit different than it is now, no google maps for a start!! Lucky though!
ACE RULES!!!! (But Tommy isn't doing too bad) ACE-) ACE-) ACE-) ACE-)

Pete

Postby Pete » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:01 am

Starscreamsrevenge wrote:Thanks for the advice, isn't Cardiff the show where the ceiling caught fire? I've been trying to get either Birmingham show for ages now (as my parents were at these shows, so I'd like to see what they experienced).

Ok, I'll shoot off a message to b.monkey.4. I bet travelling across the states in '92 was a bit different than it is now, no google maps for a start!! Lucky though!

I believe so. Sourmash will probably confirm.

Not sure if it was this one or Plymouth were they' couldn't add the top to Leon too..
Pete
Image *-) $-) ACE-) 3-) Image

highvoltage1969
The Originals II (1978)

Postby highvoltage1969 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:11 pm

Starscreamsrevenge wrote:Thanks for the advice, isn't Cardiff the show where the ceiling caught fire? I've been trying to get either Birmingham show for ages now (as my parents were at these shows, so I'd like to see what they experienced).

I was at one of the NEC shows. Amazing set list and a full production with pyro, unlike the disappointment of the Crazy Nights and , to a lesser extent, Animalize UK tours. They did 2 nights and really should have only done 1. An enormous curtain cut the arena in half and, according to who you believe there was about 2500-3500 there.

My favourite UK tour, second only to 1996's reunion.

kissengland
The Originals (1976)

Postby kissengland » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:18 pm

I was only at the Birmingham NEC shows, and they were pretty awesome!
Give Me Measures Of Pleasure And Pain, Boiling The Blood In My Veins

TONYSOUTH
Alive II (1977)

Postby TONYSOUTH » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:53 pm

I was also at the Brum gig, I know it was a long time ago but I can't remember anything special about the show, a part from was this the show with a small standing area and then a seating area on the ground level? If so that was the year Mrs SOUTH went to her first KISS with my good self :?:
This is only my opinion… it is neither right nor wrong (but my lovely wife tells me I'm always wrong)!

fried alive
Ace Frehley (1978)

Postby fried alive » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:20 pm

i saw wembley and both Birmingham shows great gigs

Pjcity
The Originals (1976)

Postby Pjcity » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:39 pm

I remember the Cardiff show as it was my first Kiss Show and I was 18 at the time !!!

A beautiful sunny day and a Kiss were also did a signing event in the HMV. I got the revenge album signed and couldn't utter a word to them never mind believe it !!

Danger Danger were a great support band and I have just found a full length video of the gig on Youtube however its hardly in HD !!! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8M8W25HiH4

What great memories !! I hope we get to see them in the UK before they call it a day

tallfruit
Alive II (1977)

Postby tallfruit » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:08 pm

done all the the shows on the uk revenge tour except the scottish onr and whitley bay, and all where great shows, cardiff was great but the venue was so small they had to realy stage done the show, but yes it was here the ceiling caught fire due to the pyros, also loved the plymouth show as again it was such a small venue and the atmosphere was great, but for the full show the 2 nights in brum stood out as the best, but cant beat a small venue for atmosphere lol. got pics from the cardiff and brum shows somewhere will dig them out

fox~fan
The Originals II (1978)

Postby fox~fan » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:52 pm

I was at the Sheffield Arena show, my first Kiss concert. The arena was half curtained off and our half wasn't full, but it was awesome. :)

jaymze
Destroyer (1976)

Postby jaymze » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:37 am

tallfruit wrote:got pics from the cardiff and brum shows somewhere will dig them out

It would be great to see those pic's.
Love that tour and that era of the band, one of the best. In the pre-internet days it was so cool to see so much KISS coverage in the UK metal magazines from that time. I remember getting the edition of KISS Crazy from the tour and having the whole fanzine dedicated to the tour report. Amazing. I need to dig those old fanzines out the next time I get home to my parents house.
KISS Wembley Arena 1999
KISS Islington Academy 2010
KISS Dublin O2 Arena 2010
KISS Glasgow SECC 2010

crad
Creatures Of The Night (1982)

Postby crad » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:33 am

I was at both Birmingham shows Fantastic night's Met Gene & Bruce also great memories :D
If offended please feel free to report me to your nearest MOD

starchildmark
Music From "The Elder" (1981)

Postby starchildmark » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:50 am

fox~fan wrote:I was at the Sheffield Arena show, my first Kiss concert. The arena was half curtained off and our half wasn't full, but it was awesome. :)

I was also there, it was a great show

Return to “General KISS Chat”