Bored of KISS?

Talk about anything KISS related here.
Gary5150
Double Platinum (1978)

Bored of KISS?

Postby Gary5150 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:21 am

OK, this is something I have been thinking for a little while.

I am bored of KISS. I still love the music, always have, always will......well apart from Peter's solo albums and even Aces.

I am bored of the shit flung about when they are trying to sell something, I am bored of them selling everything from stage used microphones to stage smashed guitars and Basses.
I know everyone has the choice to go on the KISS cruise, or to buy one of the stage smashed guitars, but come on.

I would prefer new music, but we all know, Pauls voice is shot, and the best vocalist in the band is now Gene.
Oh yeah, good old uncle Gene. the man who needs to learn to just shut the chuff up. put the make up on and stick your tongue out.
Stop telling me things like, when you buy a house, you should save and pay cash, don't have a mortgage. ( yeah like we can all be rock stars ) Hard to do when you tell us Rock is dead.

People have their views on which is the best line up, which is great, I couldn't care less.

Don't get me wrong, I will be a member of the KISS army till the day I die, and I will never desert.

But I am bored of them.
If its worth doing well, shout at someone else untill they do it right

Pete

Re: Bored of KISS?

Postby Pete » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:46 pm

Gary5150 wrote:OK, this is something I have been thinking for a little while.

I am bored of KISS. I still love the music, always have, always will......well apart from Peter's solo albums and even Aces.

I am bored of the shit flung about when they are trying to sell something, I am bored of them selling everything from stage used microphones to stage smashed guitars and Basses.
I know everyone has the choice to go on the KISS cruise, or to buy one of the stage smashed guitars, but come on.

I would prefer new music, but we all know, Pauls voice is shot, and the best vocalist in the band is now Gene.
Oh yeah, good old uncle Gene. the man who needs to learn to just shut the chuff up. put the make up on and stick your tongue out.
Stop telling me things like, when you buy a house, you should save and pay cash, don't have a mortgage. ( yeah like we can all be rock stars ) Hard to do when you tell us Rock is dead.

People have their views on which is the best line up, which is great, I couldn't care less.

Don't get me wrong, I will be a member of the KISS army till the day I die, and I will never desert.

But I am bored of them.

Bored? No. Put them on the back burner for a little whislt I do other things with life? Sure!
I think the mudflinging & Gene's mouth has affected other peoples views on them leaving me tired of defending them.

I just wish they'd all remain quiet and get on with what's left of the band before they retire so they can be remembered as a BAND, and not four drama queens who hate each other...

I'm sure I'll feel different in November though!
Pete
Image *-) $-) ACE-) 3-) Image

Kev

Postby Kev » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:22 pm

Gary5150 wrote:OK, this is something I have been thinking for a little while.

But I am bored of them.

You miz old scrowt.
The operation went well then Gaz :D
ImageImageImageImage

(only my opinion,in no way am i insulting you....statement copyright of plugtwot)

Gary5150
Double Platinum (1978)

Postby Gary5150 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:24 pm

Yeah, painful but not as bad as I thought It would be
If its worth doing well, shout at someone else untill they do it right

Sour Mash
Unmasked (1980)

Postby Sour Mash » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:08 am

Bored of them ??

im just about to put on Love Gun Deluxe

last night planning KK5

just been looking at some old pics

and if theres any dates next year myself and you will be there with fists in the air....
IAN

http://kissoffline2012.forumotion.co.uk/
Dont Take Shit from anyone...ever....
Gene Simmons 1984..

AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)

Postby AxeBass » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:42 am

Far from bored here..

Heading to Vegas next week to see the best line up in the last 36 years, only 74-78 beats what they are doing now and half of that vintage lineup have been finish for a decade & a half.

It's a lifelong thing, we can all agree with that but to be buzzing like this in 2014 with plenty of new music to enjoy in Monster & Sonic Boom over the last 5 years & a band that still rocks the world is amazing.

We are unbelievably lucky.

nicksmithworld
Killers (1982)
Location: Wolverhampton "You are the rock'n'roll capital of the World!"

Postby nicksmithworld » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:35 am

Well the bickering is pathetic and very tedious now, I just ignore it. It detracts from the legend rather than adds to it.

On the positive side, Gene's voice is somewhat bulletproof, his songs still sound the same.

It's not so much bored as much as being temporarily disinterested..and sometimes this is due to the band not doing themselves any favours. Gene comments on depression alienated non-fans and fans alike. Ace was slagging everyone else off just to promote his new CD. The whole Rock and Roll hall of fame fiasco needs to be forgotten about, it was a disappointing farce from start to finish.
feel free to feel offended, cyber-bullied, put out, outside of the clique, side-lined, marginalised or just generally have the piss taken out of. However it's a JOKE!-Nick's Mirth World!

Mr Grady
Alive! (1975)

Postby Mr Grady » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:04 pm

i do get where you are coming from.

id hate to remeber the band that ive grown up loving being anything other than the ultimate rock spectacle.

all the bitching, pauls voice, genes size tens, and the kiss kasket...... :roll:

alive, deuce, DRC, love gun, the makeup, blood, fire......and much more, now thats kiss!

Frehley75

Postby Frehley75 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:01 pm

Can't help but agree with some of that and even the most hardcore fans of the current line up, those that have listened to "Monster" more than three times, would have to concede that we're nearer the end of the road than the beginning.

But...as AxeBass says, it's a lifelong thing and the magic of listening to the music and watching them, live or DVD, doesn't seem to disappear. The last year has seen a Daisy show turn up, a 1973 rehearsal and the Larrabbee / Magna demo's, all gold that you could only half hope of hearing years ago. I'm sure there's more to come, "Love Gun Deluxe" is far from perfect but is a move in the right direction, some of the more "gullible" amongst of us have been rebuying our vinyl collections and the old road crew's book looks like it may finally appear...

Could do with some shows over here though!
"Hi, I'm Rich Pelley. I'm on the guest list."

"Awopbopaloobop Alopbamboom"

gareth
Destroyer (1976)

Postby gareth » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:57 pm

Frehley75 wrote:Could do with some shows over here though!

Absofeckinlutely. :roll:

Return to “General KISS Chat”