Postby Gojira1975 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:22 pm

Completely agree.
DEATH TO FALSE METAL

nicksmithworld
Killers (1982)
Location: Wolverhampton "You are the rock'n'roll capital of the World!"

Re: Bogata set list.

Postby nicksmithworld » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:36 am

feel free to feel offended, cyber-bullied, put out, outside of the clique, side-lined, marginalised or just generally have the piss taken out of. However it's a JOKE!-Nick's Mirth World!

nicksmithworld
Killers (1982)

Postby nicksmithworld » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:26 pm

feel free to feel offended, cyber-bullied, put out, outside of the clique, side-lined, marginalised or just generally have the piss taken out of. However it's a JOKE!-Nick's Mirth World!

Kev

Postby Kev » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:16 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: .

That is fkn awful. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
ImageImageImageImage

(only my opinion,in no way am i insulting you....statement copyright of plugtwot)

crad
Creatures Of The Night (1982)

Postby crad » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:33 pm

:shock:
If offended please feel free to report me to your nearest MOD

kingjames1970
The Originals II (1978)

Postby kingjames1970 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:52 pm

Kev wrote:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: .

That is fkn awful. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

That is so sad. :shock: :(

b.monkey4
Destroyer (1976)

Postby b.monkey4 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:28 pm

gareth wrote:I've read lots of comments on here about the decline in quality of Paul's voice recently, but I look at it this way..........

Just remember what the music of KISS has given to us over the years, and I for one think it's only right to repay that with.......our continued support.

Completely agree with the above comment and what Mark has said. The band have been a massive part of my life for over 36 years now, you don't just dump something because it's maybe passed its prime. If Paul hadn't given us 110% with his vocals through the 80's and 90's he may not be in the state that he is now. You don't repay that kind of commitment by walking out on someone. It is sad to hear but that's life...
READ MY NAME.

nicksmithworld
Killers (1982)

Postby nicksmithworld » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:42 pm

So in conclusion, Paul *-) sounds the worst that he has ever sounded but we're all going to see KISS out of loyalty :neutral:

Mr Grady
Alive! (1975)

Postby Mr Grady » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:24 pm

ok. lets be honest here.....

forget all about loyalty, love of the band etc...

would you play that clip to someone who has never heard any kiss music?
would you honestly expect them to look up at the end and say "wow, thats the most amazing band ive seen?"

thats what my reaction was back when i heard kiss for the first time, and its what has kept me being a fan for 30 plus years.

but its over.

i will never stop being a fan, but hearing that is as pleasent as having fingernails dragged across a blackboard.
i will keep all my albums, posters, dvds.
when i hear love gun, deuce, DRC in my car i will smile and sing along as ive always done, but i wont be watching any more live shows either online or in person.

TONYSOUTH
Alive II (1977)

Postby TONYSOUTH » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:51 pm

Yes I agree Paul's voice is fu*ked :oops: but when I am 65 will I still be at work (which is sitting on my ass behind a desk) the simple answer is no! Gene & Paul are still getting up there and performing way better than some bands half their age.

Yes it is near the end and they are nowhere near their best and maybe they should of called it a day, but if 35,000 people went to see them, they must still have something people will pay to see (including me) let give them one last send off somewhere in Europe this year and remember the good times :D
This is only my opinion… it is neither right nor wrong (but my lovely wife tells me I'm always wrong)!

tallfruit
Alive II (1977)

Postby tallfruit » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:16 pm

i cant understand why nothing is being said or done to address it, it is as if *-) is in denial and everyone else is afraid to say anything in case it upsets him, but ive played in bands for years and when someone is that bad on stage with you the rest of the band know it too

AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)

Postby AxeBass » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:02 am

I'm looking forward to seeing Kiss at Donington for a 4th time ... I won't be crying about a croaky voice, I'll be having the time of my life just like every time I've seen them. Those that stay at home I hope you have a nice day in the garden .... Try not to regret missing it too much when these opportunities are gone...

kingjames1970
The Originals II (1978)

Postby kingjames1970 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:59 am

I think everybody is sad about Paul's voice because most of us have been fans for many years and remember just how fantastic it was. I don't think it makes anybody less of a fan for not wanting to sully their memories by seeing Paul perform so poorly. With KISS it's always been about the whole show so to some extent the bombs, makeup and excitement of seeing them live can cover it up a bit and I can understand some fans just wanting the KISS show. Personally if they gave more duties to Gene (who sounds better than ever) and changed the set list around a bit to make things easier on Paul (and more interesting) I would go and see them wherever.

The KISS philosophy has always been about giving 100% so I guess the fact he can't doesn't sit well with some people. It seems like the band are ignoring the issue. Paul would be the first person to say you shouldn't make excuses and always give your best. If you can't hit half the notes or even sing in tune sometimes, it does seem to go against what he has spent his life preaching. I'm saying he's not giving it his full current ability but who would pay to watch Pele play football anymore no-matter how hard he tried? (You might for nostalgia and maybe that's the same for KISS?)

Nothing will tarnish my memories of seeing them live or my love for the band but age does catch up with us all. Athletes, footballers, dancers are all past it when they get to 40. With his high energy performances, he's probably wrecked his voice like footballers with too many injuries to recover properly from. I've always admired Paul and actually feel sorry for him as he must know he is well past his best. If KISS were to pack it in now, we'd all be sad but I'm sure we'd all admire their integrity. (The band is already a bit of a side-show to the books, football teams and restaurants so they're not going to disappear into nursing homes!)

The end must be coming soon and I think it's great that people will still have the chance and want to see them. But I never want to cringe at hearing my hero singing so I'm not sure I could anymore unless they shook things up with the setlist to try and help. Doing IWMFLY is crazy.

nicksmithworld
Killers (1982)

Postby nicksmithworld » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:38 pm

^Yes to all of the above. It kills me to watch these recent clips.

madmark
Double Platinum (1978)

Postby madmark » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:14 pm

nicksmithworld wrote:^Yes to all of the above. It kills me to watch these recent clips.

BUT are you going to Download?..... :D
Ziggy played guitar...or was it Ronson?

Return to “General KISS Chat”