Kiss Kruize (2017 or otherwise)

Talk about anything KISS related here.
deckard
KISS (1974)

Kiss Kruize (2017 or otherwise)

Postby deckard » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:42 am

Hi
I have not posted on here for a while but the prospect of a tour has revitalised me! I had a few questions regarding the Kiss kruise
- has anyone got details on pricing for recent years, I can no longer find info based on last years
- do people know when it is likely to go on sale for 2017?
- I know meals etc, are included, but does anyone have an idea on extra costs (particular beer prices!)
-most importantly, can you recommend it!? I know it is not cheap but have been a fan for over 30 years, and am chewing over shelling out for this, or possibly going VIP meet greet for the UK tour?

Thanks in advance

Pete

Re: Kiss Kruize (2017 or otherwise)

Postby Pete » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:04 pm

I know that in 2017 it sails out of New Orleans as opposed to Miami so that will affect costs of getting there first.

After that I bow to those who have Kruised before. They'll be able to tell you everything you need.

Merry Kissmas!
Pete
Image *-) $-) ACE-) 3-) Image

TONYSOUTH
Alive II (1977)

Postby TONYSOUTH » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:20 pm

deckard wrote:Hi
I have not posted on here for a while but the prospect of a tour has revitalised me! I had a few questions regarding the Kiss kruise
- has anyone got details on pricing for recent years, I can no longer find info based on last years
- do people know when it is likely to go on sale for 2017?
- I know meals etc, are included, but does anyone have an idea on extra costs (particular beer prices!)
-most importantly, can you recommend it!? I know it is not cheap but have been a fan for over 30 years, and am chewing over shelling out for this, or possibly going VIP meet greet for the UK tour?

Thanks in advance

I've been on the last 3 Kruises and I can only recommend it fully, I was only going on KKIV as a once in a lifetime holiday and I can't wait until January to book KKVII. An inside cabin last year cost just over $1,000 each for two people sharing a cabin, but you need to add the port taxes etc that were $275. beer costs around $5. Then your flight to New Orleans. If you are thinking of going? once it is announced get on the presale list, as people who have been before get to book first, then anyone who is on the presale list. Hope this helps?
This is only my opinion… it is neither right nor wrong (but my lovely wife tells me I'm always wrong)!

deckard
KISS (1974)

Postby deckard » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:40 am

Thanks - do you know which month the Kruise goes on sale?

TONYSOUTH
Alive II (1977)

Postby TONYSOUTH » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:00 am

deckard wrote:Thanks - do you know which month the Kruise goes on sale?

It will be January go on the Kiss Kruise web site and sign up with the STAY IN TOUCH section.
This is only my opinion… it is neither right nor wrong (but my lovely wife tells me I'm always wrong)!

deckard
KISS (1974)

Postby deckard » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:26 am

I wondered also how it compared to the vip meet and greet (which I realise is cheaper!)

The prospect of the small acoustic sound check and the autographs "in person" seemed appealing?

TONYSOUTH
Alive II (1977)

Postby TONYSOUTH » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:27 pm

deckard wrote:I wondered also how it compared to the vip meet and greet (which I realise is cheaper!)

The prospect of the small acoustic sound check and the autographs "in person" seemed appealing?

A VIP meet and greet is just for a few hours, the Kruise is a 5 day adventure, with great people, you also get to visit some great places like New Orleans and an island or two. I would go for the Kruise any day over a M&G.

acesmiddlefinger
Paul Stanley (1978)

Postby acesmiddlefinger » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:20 pm

As already stated the Kruise is an expensive trip when you factor in flights,hotels,ship costs and beer. That said it is worth every last cent.Whilst some people would say being stuck on a ship with KISS nerds would be a punishment, there is a great sense of comarardarie on board. Asked to choose between an M & G or the Kruise I would take the second option every time.
A sail away unmasked show- Stood on the lido in glorious sunshine with a beer in your hand watching your fave band play songs whilst sailing out of Miami is an amazing feeling.
A photo with your fave band (OK its over in a flash) something to always look back on.
An intimate theatre show with half of the ships guests watching the band play a specially compiled set depending on the theme that year.
Numerous other band on the ship-Night Ranger,Cheap Trick,Skid Row,Dead Daisies,Steel Panther to name but a few who have sailed before. Three performances from each band in different venues.
All the food you can eat available 24 hours a day
Activities that the band participate in which can be very entertaining
Q n A with the band and Doc McGee

If all of the above tickle your fancy then the Kruise is for you,its a five day experience that you will never forget. I am sure the MnG would be amazing as well (never done one maybe AxeBass can review that experience for you)

Whatever you decide I look forward to reading your review.
'Who knows where we'll be in the morning,i know we're here tonight'

b.monkey4
Destroyer (1976)

Postby b.monkey4 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:21 am

Agree with everything acesmiddlefinger says.
The two choices don't even compare, just take the plunge, you'll love it.
Looks like next year they're going to be bringing a kiss museum on board too with costumes, memorabilia etc...
READ MY NAME.

deckard
KISS (1974)

Postby deckard » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:34 pm

Thanks - the point about other bands is a good one. I would have LOVED to see King's X again on the last kruise, one of my favourite bands ever. What a double bill!

AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)

Postby AxeBass » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:26 pm

acesmiddlefinger wrote:
If all of the above tickle your fancy then the Kruise is for you,its a five day experience that you will never forget. I am sure the MnG would be amazing as well (never done one maybe AxeBass can review that experience for you)

Whatever you decide I look forward to reading your review.

I agree- It's all down to what tickles your fancy. I've never done the Kruise, I just don't fancy it even though parts of it sound superb, the whole thing would be overload for me personally. I like short sharp bursts of Kiss mixed with non kiss ... that's why I've seen them in many different cities and Vegas was perfect for me. I'm heading to Vienna next year, I've never been there and mixing it with Kiss is again perfect for me. The M&G is great fun but not without risks... will it be relaxed or rushed, what mood will they be in, how many others are booked on it? I thoroughly recommend the M&G but either way I'd imagine that both will be unforgettable experiences. My advice if you still can't decide ... remortgage and do both!

deckard
KISS (1974)

Postby deckard » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:05 pm

If you do the meet and greet, any idea what time you need to get to the venue typically, and how long it may last? (I am thinking of doing one of the UK dates)

Return to “General KISS Chat”