Welcome!

Talk about anything KISS related here.
sssikuk
KISS (1974)

Re: Welcome!

Postby sssikuk » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:22 am

Hello All

I'm sure I was already registered on this board, obvioulsy not.

I've been a KISS fan since 1975 when I first brought Dressed To Kill. Never heard the band at the time but being as I was into Alice Cooper, the image caught my eye and I spent my pocket money on the album.
Been with the band since then and I was at Hammersmith May 16th 1976 my 1st KISS gig.
Seen too many to mention since that show.

Always linger on the boards but never felt the need to post.
First KISS show attended: Hammersmith Odeon May 16th 1976
Last KISS show attended: Norwegian Pearl KK3 2013

Glammy Dave
Dressed To Kill (1975)

Postby Glammy Dave » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:28 am

Hiya mate,welcome to the board. Would be great to have a section so you could post your OWN Kisstory,some of the stories ive heard from other fans are amazing and i never tire of hearing them whenever we meet up or blurt them out on here............. good to see ya
"Glams Not Dead,I`m Still Alive"

acesmiddlefinger
Paul Stanley (1978)

Postby acesmiddlefinger » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:47 am

'Who knows where we'll be in the morning,i know we're here tonight'

Frehley75

Postby Frehley75 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:53 am

Don beat me to it - Welcome and if you want to start a totally self indulgent thread about 16 May 1976 from what you had for breakfast to what you wore and include every possible detail about the gig I and many others would not mind in the slightest.

Unless you say you you thought they were rubbish and left early at the same time and went to the pub with AC/DC who'd also been there and left for the same reason! True story, apparently...
"Hi, I'm Rich Pelley. I'm on the guest list."

"Awopbopaloobop Alopbamboom"

Pete

Postby Pete » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:22 pm

Pete
Image *-) $-) ACE-) 3-) Image

sssikuk
KISS (1974)

Postby sssikuk » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:37 am

Hammersmith 76'....What can I remember!

This was not my first gig, I'd been to Hammy a couple of times before and seen Alice at Wembley in 75.
I was 13 at the time.
I went up to Hammersmith Odeon booking office with my brother and brought the tickets. You could choose your seats in those days!
We got stall seats, Gene's side (although at the time I had no idea about sides!) about half way back from the stage.
As we came out from getting tickets I can remember trying to peel a KISS & Stray poster off a nearby wall. This poster was stuck onto about a hundred other posters that had been stuck there previoulsy.
As it started to come off, so did all the other posters and it was about 3" thick. I gave up on it.

The night of the show:
Outside the venue I brought a KISS silk scarve! (They were the in thing in those days!!!) which I still have.
Inside a brought the tour program, which I still have.
All of the spare wall space was covered in KISS card masks, which were made up with makeup from each member.
I'm sure the rear of the masks had two different designs with info on the band etc. These were easy to 'pinch' of the walls which I did do. I got about 6 of each type.
I only have a couple of one type left though.

I don't remember anything of Stray.

KISS were loud very loud.
An interesting fact here, is that this was the first time I realised who was who in the band. My Dressed To Kill album has got the names incorrect on the reverse of the cover. I always thought Ace was Gene.
My cover shows: Peter, Paul, Gene, Ace. Should be: Peter, Ace, Paul, Gene.

I could not see a lot of the stage as I was too short and as people stood up I could see even less.
It was a good show, not great, and this was down to what I remember as poor sound.
Other shows I had seen at Hammy prior to this had sounded better.
But it still cemented KISS in my life forever.

I am from West London so Hammersmith was about 30 mins away by train.
When I brought Dressed to Kill (my fisrt KISS album)it was from a record shop in West Ealing called Greensleeves.
I also asked them to order any 45's they could for me.
From that same shop I got Shout It Out Loud, Beth and Flamin Youth (US with PIC sleeve)
By now my KISS record collection was growing.
I remember them having The Originals for sale and I didn't buy it, thinking, well I've got those 3 albums anyway!
When I brought Alive! It was from another shop in West Ealing called Lullaby of Broadway. My brother was going out with the daughter of the owner and he let me buy the album on credit!
I had to go in the shop every Saturday with my pocket money and pay off the album I had brought. It was about £4.90 in total.
First KISS show attended: Hammersmith Odeon May 16th 1976
Last KISS show attended: Norwegian Pearl KK3 2013

The Hendon Kiss Army
Ace Frehley (1978)

Postby The Hendon Kiss Army » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:27 am

Agree with Glammy Dave, it is always great to here these kind of stoires sssikuk

Pete

Postby Pete » Wed May 26, 2010 11:32 am

Welcome to Casio & Gary.

Have fun. :D
Pete

green_valley
Dressed To Kill (1975)

Postby green_valley » Mon May 31, 2010 6:16 pm

Hello
Here I am!
Here we are,we are one
I've been waiting for this night to come!

Hi everyone!
I visit www.kissinuk.com religiously, basically on a daily basis to keep up with all the KISS happenings, this side of the pond! I thought it's about time I introduced myself & started posting on these forums!
So here goes!

How did you get into the band?
My introduction into the world of 'real' music happened in 1991. I had just started high school & the whole "grunge" movement was just about to take the world by storm! I became good friends with a guy a few years older than me who had just moved to Northern Ireland from the States, he changed my life! He got me into skateboarding, playing guitar, comics, movies & great music! Bands like The Pixies, The Sex Pistols, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors & Nirvana. The latter being the vehicle to how I discovered the hottest band in the world!
In '92 I was the biggest Nirvana fan on earth & I owned (& still do) everything of theirs! On one of Nirvana's CD bootlegs I got to hear their cover of "Do You Love Me?" from the album "Hard To Believe" & then I went on the hunt for the real mccoy! Then that same year "Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey" was released which featured 'God Gave Rock'N'Roll To You II' right at the end! Awesome!!! Remember kids, I was only 12 at the time Bill & Ted, Wayne & Garth, Beavis & Butt-head were our generations only source to good tunes! And once a week "The Word" & "Raw Power" - No internet, No Guitar Hero, No Rock Band, No 20 music television channels!
So then with my pocket money I started buying Kerrang! & RAW magazines & then I could finally put a face to the name KISS & I was awestruck! The 4 coolest guys on planet earth (1 via planet Jendell)!
Thanks to the early '90s I discovered so many awesome rock bands which those unfairly labelled "grunge" bands citied as their musical influences! I'll not even start that list!
In 1996 I bought my first KISS CD which was "You Wanted The Best, You Got The Best!!" the cover blew me away! That same year I also bought "Greatest KISS", then "Destroyer" & 14 years later...my house, like so many other KISS fans homes is like a mini KISS museum! Vinyl, action figures, comics, 101 different rarities, posters, bootlegs, dvd's, cd's etc. etc.

What's your favourite...
Record - Dressed To Kill
Member - Ace Frehley
DVD - Symphony

How many times have you seen the band? Have you seen them abroad?
I have only saw KISS twice. My first KISS concert was the intimate gig at The O2 Academy, Islington, London on 2nd March 2010 & The O2 in Dublin 7th May 2010. I am planning on going to see them again this September in Toronto, Canada.

What does Kiss mean to you?
Quite simply, everything!

Have you ever met a current or ex member of Kiss?
I purchased a Meet & Greet package for The O2 Dublin show! Where I got to meet Gene, Paul, Tommy & Eric!
KISS were absolutely awesome! I have to say that was the greatest night of my life! Getting to meet the guys in the flesh was the most amazing experience I will ever have! They were four absolute gentlemen, I got four personal items which I brought signed. The limited edition KISS Sonic Boom CD/DVD, KISS Marvel comic issue Number 1 from 1977 & KISS Alive! record album insert, which I had already got signed by the photographer of the album Fin Costello, who I've met a few times at various Rory Gallagher exhibitions!
Gene Simmons also signed the back plate which I took off my limited edition Gene Simmons Axe Bass II, I got the signature lacquered to preserve it for life! And speaking of "for life" Gene Simmons & Paul Stanley signed my KISS tattoo & I got their signatures tattoo'd that Monday (I think everyone was relived that I could finally wash my arm)!
There was only 5 people who bought Meet & Greet tickets in Dublin which was great as this meant we got to speak with each member & get all our 'stuff' signed! I was the only person at the Dublin M&G that got individual photographs taken with them (Gene & Paul)! I certainly wasn't going to miss this once in a lifetime opportunity! I will never forget that evening for as long as I live.

I was made up the following week when the photograph M&G organiser Dean Snowden took of myself & Gene was posted on the www.kissonline.com home page!

As for the show itself I’m still lost for words! Above & beyond what I had expected! We wanted the best, we sure as hell got the best! Their stage show is the most amazing spectacle I have ever witnessed, a two-hour Rock 'n' Roll Circus! Words simply cannot express how awesome KISS are live!
My seven year old nephew Jordan was seated in the audience with his mother & father (my brother). When I met up with them at the hotel room after the show my nephew said "that was the best night of my life!"... well that makes two of us & I'm certain everyone in the arena that night would agree!

It was obviously a completely different ball-game from the O2 Islington, London gig in March, as that gig was an intimate show for only 800 hardcore & extremely lucky, lucky KISS Army soliders! Both shows certainly rank as the best show/concert/gig I have ever been to...until the next time!

For any fellow KISS Army members on www.kissonline.com my username there is also green_valley I have lots of photographs I took at both the O2 Islington gig back in March & of the O2 Dublin concert in May, so feel free to check them out & add me as a friend!

Thanks for having me!
Denver

Bay
Best Of The Solo Albums (1979)

Postby Bay » Mon May 31, 2010 7:49 pm

Welcome to the forum Denver, about time you posted something! :D
ImageImageImage

green_valley
Dressed To Kill (1975)

Postby green_valley » Mon May 31, 2010 7:59 pm

grunge
Peter Criss (1978)
Location: Walsall, West Of The Midlands! Official KISS ARMY Member #1010 XBox Live: Oh4Q

Postby grunge » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:26 pm

Danger You, Danger Me, Danger Mouse!
Shock Me - Put on your black SWEATER!

ImageImageImage ImageImage

green_valley
Dressed To Kill (1975)

Postby green_valley » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:35 pm

Thanks for the welcome grunge!

MrBlackwell
Alive II (1977)

Postby MrBlackwell » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:21 pm

Joined here many years ago but forgot all my details...damn this increasing old age :lol:

KISS fan since 1979...saw Dynasty in local record shop and wondered what people who looked like that sounded like. I was 14 at the time and within a few weeks had spent all my pocket money and savings on getting the entire KISS back catalogue :D

Seen them 25 times live and fingers are crossed that they'll come over here again...the last tour was incredible.
High Priest of Kisstianity.

Pete

Postby Pete » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:24 pm

Pete

Return to “General KISS Chat”