god of thunder

Talk about anything KISS related here.

best God of Thunder version

demo version (box set)
album version
live version (alive II)
live version (alive IV kiss symphony)
cover version (Spin the Bottle tribute, Bruce Kulick on leads)
Total votes: 16

Music From "The Elder" (1981)

Postby dtkdemongene » Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:54 pm

Thanks Mark! A tenner is in the post.... 8) :oops: $-)

We haven't played N Ire yet because we prefer not to play the same venues as HTH. It's a mutual respect thing.... they don't touch our venues and we don't touch theirs....

Hey Red Starchild - Get yourself over to our Liverpool Academy show next year - date is on the KISSINUK news....!
Live the KISS experience with the World's longest running/Europe's #1 KISS Tribute Band 'Dressed To Kill'.
The PERSONAL choice of Gene Simmons - "Accept NO substitutes!"

red starchild
Hotter Than Hell (1974)

Postby red starchild » Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:23 pm

Cheers 4 the info dtkdemongene, might just book myself a couple of plane tickets(if the wife lets me)!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Dan bach
Animalize (1984)

Postby Dan bach » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:36 pm

Interesting post again. GOT Demon's anthem.

As a confirmed Demon fanatic - this song jelled my friendship with the Blonde Starchild. Clash of the fanatics - it wasn't. The Demo on the box set is a real revelation - the story of Ezrin - demanding Paul let Gene do the vocals.

AliveII and demo are my best. If Stanley tours his solo album - would love if he would do his version of the Demon anthem.

Yes I remember the UK Revenge tour version. Cue the tapes and vid booties.

Good point - Gene unmasked playing this song looked a bit strange (LIU and Animalize tours).

Gene Simmons (1978)

Postby chikara » Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:26 pm

Everytime I read the additions in this thread, it get's stuck in my head....

I'm the lord of the wastelands... A modern day man of steel... I gather darkness to please me... And I command you to kneel... Before the

Everytime, without fail.

:D :D :D

Alive! (1975)

Postby ACE_IS_GOD » Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:22 pm

imma say the album version all the way because i like the the lil voice effects.............and plus i think the drum solo on Alive! 2 is kinda whimpy its like the same thing over and over again, and yeah it kinda puts down 100,000 Years live.......but i still say the album version is good, plus i like the studio solo better!!! lol i dont know if it was Ace tho....well anyways he still gets my recignition....i LOOVE YOU ACE!!!!! ACE-)

Hotter Than Hell (1974)

Postby Spaceace » Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:37 pm

Alive 2 version has the most energy, Paul's demo was interesting and gives some idea of where he saw the song going but there is no doubt Ezrin was 100% correct to give it to Gene.

The Destroyer probably is the darkest version of the song with the FX added but the Alive 4 version is just turgid.

Not the greatest song in the world maybe but it has stood the test of time and outlasted all Gene's other anthems such as War Machine so I guess that says something.

Ace Frehley (1978)

Postby raydeen » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:08 pm

Re-watch the version on your copy of the Sydney '80 video. Probably my personal fave version of all-time. With the wind blowing the dry-ice fog and flames, Gene (likely) crapping his codpiece as he's jerked above the stage like a rag doll, and the drum solo from Eric, it's evil. With all due respect to Vim and Bad News, that night KISS were the four horsemen of the rock apocalypse.

Dwight Fry
Ace Frehley (1978)

Postby Dwight Fry » Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:16 pm

"F**k off Bad News!" LOL!

You're spot on though. The '79-'80 versions of GoT were cool too. When and where did it all go wrong for this song?

Hotter Than Hell (1974)

Postby Spaceace » Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:44 pm

I think it really went down hill after the reunion, whether it is just anno domini catching up with them, Pete's drumming or a conscious decision to slow the tempo down but all their songs began to drag. Symphony 4 sounds like the non duracell bunny when played after Alive 1 or 2 and GOT seems to be even slower than the rest of the set.

Return to “General KISS Chat”