KISS FOREVER BAND

Talk about anything KISS related here.
Wally & Jugs
Alive! (1975)

KISS FOREVER BAND

Postby Wally & Jugs » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:01 pm

Last w/e Jugs & I drove to kerkrade in Holland to see the Hungarian Kiss tribute act KISS FOREVER BAND.
We noticed playing at the same venue(The Rock Temple-small but great )the night after, was
one of my favourite bands- Brainstorm-..Result!!! two bands for the price of one road trip.

Anyway back to the Kiss show.....

The front door of the venue opens to the bar where you have to buy BEER TOKENS :D :D !! to get drinks, beyond this I spied the colour & splendour of Kiss merchandise tables :D :D :D (we should adopt this idea over here :!: - it was not even a convention :!: )- I knew then that it was going to be a great evening.The merch was modern but varied and fairly priced, oh how my goodie bag groaned. :wink: :wink:

The show itself was very well attended with a very vocal crowd who helped make it another great Kiss night!! :D :D
The band played a blinder with all the usual kiss favourites and a set that lasted just under 2 hours.
As usual Jugs was at the front with her camera and here's a few pix from the show; (in no particular order) :wink: :wink:

Bring on the next road trip!

Wally & Jugs.

Wally & Jugs

The Hendon Kiss Army
Ace Frehley (1978)

Re: KISS FOREVER BAND

Postby The Hendon Kiss Army » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:55 pm

Fantastic stuff Chris. Was looking forward to seeing them last year on St Patricks day in Camden but it got called of for poor advance sales.

BTW - Mad MArk used to roadie for them across Europe, and they still managed to perform which is one of lifes mysteries.

kingjames1970
The Originals II (1978)

Postby kingjames1970 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:39 pm

Amazing pics!

KISStrooper
Double Platinum (1978)

Postby KISStrooper » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:00 pm

they look very very good, sounds awesome.

do they tour the uk?
Mick

Dwight Fry
Ace Frehley (1978)

Postby Dwight Fry » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:52 pm

Saw them in a near-empty venue in Abertillery a few years back and thought they were very good, really entertaining, and looked the part. You hear their accents on some of the songs, but this only adds to the charm. Pocky as Gene and the bloke who plays Paul are really into it big time and try and stay faithful to the moved and everything, while playing it tongue in cheek;

Paul: "Girls, I can't hear you!"

(literally, no response)

Paul: "I said, Girls, I can't hear you!"

One bloke at the bar : "Yeeaahh!"

Paul "Alriiiggghhtttt!"

:lol:

They were selling their own t-shirts, posters, and CDs when I saw them. They have a very cool 'live' acoustic CD that features a great version of We Are One if I remember. Was it this band that featured on an official KISS shirt on KISS Online a while back before it got pulled?!

JuggaloArmy
Love Gun (1977)

Postby JuggaloArmy » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:09 pm

i saw them in bilston although i dont believe the paul stanley character had those tattoos at the time (yuck wrecks the image)

nice work on the pics with slow shutter speed :D

Return to “General KISS Chat”