KISS BOOTLEGS WE ARE SPOILT NOW!

Talk about anything KISS related here.
Ray The Tongue
Alive II (1977)

KISS BOOTLEGS WE ARE SPOILT NOW!

Postby Ray The Tongue » Mon May 25, 2009 7:14 am

These days with the whole downloading thing its pretty easy to get hold of audio shows of Kiss gigs but once upon a time a bootleg Kiss l.p was like finding the holy grail.
My first one i ever got was at Knebworth 85 a stall had Stoned in Paris 75?: i held on to it in a plastic bag for dear life despite the awful rain etc. I used to have The Kiss Karton 77? but swaped this for Originals canadian imp complete.
The one that was always doing the rounds was Kiss Still Love You 2 lps 83 i think.
Shades record shop in London used to have some behind the counter i picked up one called Face lift a 3 lp box set from Belgium 83? I remember a lot of crappy 86 shows on vinyl but one that was very good was again from 83 called The Tickler only one disc but good quality.
I kinda miss the searching around record fairs looking for Kiss rareties it seems we are all spoilt now 8)

fried alive
Ace Frehley (1978)

Re: KISS BOOTLEGS WE ARE SPOILT NOW!

Postby fried alive » Mon May 25, 2009 8:32 am

yup i use to get my bootlegs from shades friedalive/takes tokyo/the tickler/2nd kiss/stoned in paris/bliz london/sneak attack

Roger H
Best Of The Solo Albums (1979)

Postby Roger H » Mon May 25, 2009 8:46 am

Ray The Tongue wrote:I kinda miss the searching around record fairs looking for Kiss rareties it seems we are all spoilt now 8)

Absolutley agree. Although it is great that you can sit in front of a screen and find/buy anything, anywhere in the world, the thrill of the hunt has long gone. :(

by*agrmt
Alive II (1977)

Postby by*agrmt » Mon May 25, 2009 11:16 am

Yes...no wonder that you don't see many old KISS 'Live' L.P.'s at record fairs now tho'. The Japanese pressing of 'Egos At The Stake' 2xLP & '10th Anniversary Tour' 3xLP go for well over a hundred quid each. They seemed expensive in the early 1980's, but I wish I'd bought them all (Fried Alive, 'Asylum Tour' 'Long Beach 1983', etc) then.

Dan bach
Animalize (1984)

Postby Dan bach » Mon May 25, 2009 12:08 pm

Some examples ....
http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/thisandth ... m14&_pgn=1

Record fairs - oh yes .... bootleggers were wise - stick the albums out as two individiual albums - so you would have to keep on looking - to get the complete set.

Still got a load of C90 and C60 tapes of shows.

nicksmithworld
Killers (1982)
Location: Wolverhampton "You are the rock'n'roll capital of the World!"

Postby nicksmithworld » Mon May 25, 2009 12:43 pm

"it's not the kill it's the thrill of the chase!"
feel free to feel offended, cyber-bullied, put out, outside of the clique, side-lined, marginalised or just generally have the piss taken out of. However it's a JOKE!-Nick's Mirth World!

Ray The Tongue
Alive II (1977)

Postby Ray The Tongue » Mon May 25, 2009 1:25 pm

I seem to remember having a bootleg single of Kiss cover versions the cover was yellow with the Animalize shot!

fried alive
Ace Frehley (1978)

Postby fried alive » Mon May 25, 2009 1:44 pm

Ray The Tongue wrote:I seem to remember having a bootleg single of Kiss cover versions the cover was yellow with the Animalize shot!

yup that right kiss kovers ep ive got it tracks are;- winchester cathedral/whole lotta love/medley;hey joe/sunshine of your love/la bamba & burn bitch burn

RippingFleshFromBone
Dynasty (1979)

Postby RippingFleshFromBone » Mon May 25, 2009 6:14 pm

fried alive wrote:
Ray The Tongue wrote:I seem to remember having a bootleg single of Kiss cover versions the cover was yellow with the Animalize shot!

yup that right kiss kovers ep ive got it tracks are;- winchester cathedral/whole lotta love/medley;hey joe/sunshine of your love/la bamba & burn bitch burn

If it's the one I'm thinking of, it was 'commissioned!' by one of my old bootleg mates back up in Newcastle. Think he had 500 made up in total. There was also a blue cover.

Still got all my old vinyl bootlegs...Blitz London, Sneak Attack, Egos, 10th Anniversary, 1984 Long Beach, Mama Wer'e All Crazee Now, Takes Tokyo (which was my first lp bootleg), Fried Alive, Face Lift, Kiss My Axe and many more.

The excitement I used to feel when I found a new one was just unreal...hunting round the Record Fairs in search of the next one to add to the collection. Getting it home and praying the quality was gonna be good!!!! Good days...good days indeed... :D
ACK!...It's Rock 'n' Roll!!

tazman
Dressed To Kill (1975)

Postby tazman » Tue May 26, 2009 5:44 am

The Kiss bootleg single with Winchester Cathedral etc except Burn Bitch Burn I recorded myself on a Sony walkman @ Dusseldorf on the Animalize tour and obviously someone who I sent the tape to put it out on a single

fried alive
Ace Frehley (1978)

Postby fried alive » Tue May 26, 2009 8:10 am

thanks for the info

Mr.Spireite
Dynasty (1979)

Postby Mr.Spireite » Tue May 26, 2009 11:04 am

I used to go to all the record fairs as well and try and collect as much as I could.

Thing is, I don't know when the last time I went to one or even looked for stuff anymore, think I kinda lost the love of collecting vinyl, cd's etc and found them overpriced. Thing is as you all know I have sold off most of my rare albums and bootlegs just didn't love them like I used to and there's always something thatr needs paying for as we get older and to have stuff to just sit in a cupboard is plain daft imho. However when I was younger in the early 90's late 80's I just collected stuff for the sake of it. £7.50 paper round money = 1 x £4.99 album + change, lol.

Going through the racks browsing for stuff and just getting stuff that looked good was a strange thing to do, but we all did it I bet and we have a few stinkers on vinyl because of that, lol.

The Collector
Alive II (1977)

Postby The Collector » Tue May 26, 2009 3:30 pm

nicksmithworld wrote:"it's not the kill it's the thrill of the chase!"

Exactly!

marvinthemartian
Hotter Than Hell (1974)

Postby marvinthemartian » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:01 pm

Will the thrill of the chase may have gone, you really can't argue with the sheer amount of bootlegs available for download. And if it wasnt for the internet people wouldnt be able to add to their collection so easily.

Return to “General KISS Chat”