For all the newbies...

Talk about anything KISS related here.
Stevensky
KISS (1974)

Re: For all the newbies...

Postby Stevensky » Sat May 15, 2010 10:54 am

Hi, my name is Wojtek,(Pronouced Voytehk) nick Stevensky (or Steve for short). coming from Poland and being a KISS fan for three decades now...

How did you get into the band?

I was around 12-13, doing shopping for my parents, and noticed a teen with KISS button on the vest. Now, important background: that was years ago in communist Poland, where you couldn't just go and buy a vinyl record of western group in the shop. Never heard about KISS before, never seen any photos or heard any of their music prior to this. And like Simmons I was into comics books. So, my first thought was : "those four super women look great, what comic book are they from" :lol: :oops: of course someone did informed me that these four are actually Rock and Roll band members and for sure they are four men... how uneducated I was. :shock: Luckily for me, my distant cousing had a LOVE GUN vinyl and he gave it to me. The cover did make an incredible impression on me... I did put it on my turn table and I was blasted off my seat with my first ever song of KISS - I Stole Your Love... (my first live event that I seen before getting into KISS was actually ...... Kajagoogoo. Yes, I am still ashamed of this terrible thing I did in my past, so pls next time you meet me do not shoot, deal?) Next was Hanoi Rocks, so it wasn't so bad with me after all.... 8) But I had fallen in love with KISS world when I got Destroyer from my step brother, and that was IT! *-) $-) ACE-) 3-)

What's your fave record/member/DVD etc?

Favorite record? that is a tough one: hard to choose between Destroyer and Creatures of the Night. Fave member? Ace. DVD: KISS SYMPHONY

How many times have you seen the band? Have you seen them abroad?

seen them three times: first time at Stockholm Stadium 2008 Alive 35 tour, two weeks later at Download (with Meet and Greet) and on 13-of May 2010 at Wembley Arena

What does Kiss mean to you?

I can only quote Bon Jovi song: "It's my life"

Have you ever met a current or ex member of Kiss?

Yes, met Gene in 2007 together with Shannon and their kids,
couple of months later, met Eric Singer for the first time and Bruce Kulick during their gig at Camden

Splashed with cash and went to see KISS back stage at Download 2008 festival for a Meet and Greet experience.... it was just awesome. Couldn't believe I had finally had a chance to meet my heroes face to face, shake their hands, have a small (really small and short) talk, get the autographs. It was worth it....

in 2009 met Ace Frehley at London Shepherd Bush Empire - it was great.... it was worth wait in a que to get to see him...

Come on now, don't be shy...get it off your chest and tell Us (Or are we Them? :wink: :D )
all about your love for the THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD!!![/quote]

Well, to sum it up. I am addicted to KISS and thank God - there is no cure! :D
My first ever KISS concert - Stockholm 2008.... and couple of weeks later my first Meet and Greet with KISS.... showing off? ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!! ;)

rocknrollallnite
KISS (1974)

Postby rocknrollallnite » Tue May 18, 2010 4:30 pm

Hi guys, I'm Rosie. Living in the Worcester area xD

I got into Kiss through my dad. I have fond memories of listening to Kiss (and other bands alike) on Saturday afternoons when going through his collection of vinyls that he'd bought over the years. Kiss have always been a band that stuck with me, since I was first introduced to them at birth!!!

I enjoy watching all of the Kissology DVDs. Fave record?? i can't really say!! Member?? Don't really know if i can answer that either!

Saw them May 5th 2010 at LG Arena, Birmingham for the first time!

A lot. If it wasn't for my dad's influence, i wouldn't be into the music i listen to now, and i wouldn't have met my fiancé (known as 'hywelkidd') and have our little girl :) The music keeps me sane in this world!!

Sadly, no... but i want to!!!!

Dan bach
Animalize (1984)

Postby Dan bach » Tue May 18, 2010 4:40 pm

Hey Metalbearuk, Summerhill1, BDJ87, Slobberbone, Nizzi, Stevensky & Rockn'rollallnite ....

Welcome to the forum - all of you.

Great stories about your love/fascination of KISS; how you got into them.

I personally have been on this forum since it's conception - January 2005 and have found true friends, gigging partners and awesome forumees for parties etc. I don't post as often as I used to - circumstances - but please post as much and as often as you can.

Downy
Dynasty (1979)

Postby Downy » Tue May 18, 2010 10:46 pm

Welcome to the forum everyone! :)
Have fun! :)

crad
Creatures Of The Night (1982)

Postby crad » Sun May 23, 2010 4:08 pm

Hello to you all :lol: :lol:
If offended please feel free to report me to your nearest MOD

Alli
Dressed To Kill (1975)

Postby Alli » Mon May 24, 2010 1:16 pm

Why not use this thread here to tell us all about your Kiss experiences?

Thanks to My Cousin, Aaron. He is a huge KISS fan and only 2 years older than me and he introduced me to their music. He had a KISS room and all the merchandise and even has the pinball machine! lol He has a FAB Ace Dynasty Era costume and he makes up and goes to Conventions in it.......

My fave record is Dressed To Kill, My fave Member is Paul *-) , my fave DVD is probably KISS Konfidential

I have seen them 3 times.. first time Donington in 08, second time was Liverpool on this tour, and Manchester this tour where we had MEET N GREET!!

Well, Pete.. it means Fireworks.. LMAO It means a great show, great music and great memories.

Yes, we met the current lineup on May 10 in Manchester!! Amazing!

Come on now, don't be shy...get it off your chest and tell Us (Or are we Them? )
all about your love for the THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD!!!
Alli

"Thankyouthankyouverymuch..."

Pete

Postby Pete » Mon May 24, 2010 1:18 pm

Alli wrote:Why not use this thread here to tell us all about your Kiss experiences?

Thanks to My Cousin, Aaron. He is a huge KISS fan and only 2 years older than me and he introduced me to their music. He had a KISS room and all the merchandise and even has the pinball machine! lol He has a FAB Ace Dynasty Era costume and he makes up and goes to Conventions in it.......

My fave record is Dressed To Kill, My fave Member is Paul *-) , my fave DVD is probably KISS Konfidential

I have seen them 3 times.. first time Donington in 08, second time was Liverpool on this tour, and Manchester this tour where we had MEET N GREET!!

Well, Pete.. it means Fireworks.. LMAO It means a great show, great music and great memories.

Yes, we met the current lineup on May 10 in Manchester!! Amazing!

Come on now, don't be shy...get it off your chest and tell Us (Or are we Them? )
all about your love for the THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD!!!

Congrats on the meet and greet! Enjoy it here.
Any problems just let Mods/Admin know..
Pete
Image *-) $-) ACE-) 3-) Image

Alli
Dressed To Kill (1975)

Postby Alli » Mon May 24, 2010 4:37 pm

Thanks Pete.. I will remember that .. xxxxx
Alli

"Thankyouthankyouverymuch..."

Kev

Postby Kev » Mon May 24, 2010 10:21 pm

BIG, BIG welcome to Alli, Metalbearuk, Summerhill1, Slobberbone, Nizzi, Stevensky & Rockn'rollallnite ....

enjoy your stay,enjoy your say :D :D
ImageImageImageImage

(only my opinion,in no way am i insulting you....statement copyright of plugtwot)

green_valley
Dressed To Kill (1975)

Postby green_valley » Mon May 31, 2010 6:14 pm

Hello
Here I am!
Here we are,we are one
I've been waiting for this night to come!

Hi everyone!
I visit http://www.kissinuk.com religiously, basically on a daily basis to keep up with all the KISS happenings, this side of the pond! I thought it's about time I introduced myself & started posting on these forums!
So here goes!

My introduction into the world of 'real' music happened in 1991. I had just started high school & the whole "grunge" movement was just about to take the world by storm! I became good friends with a guy a few years older than me who had just moved to Northern Ireland from the States, he changed my life! He got me into skateboarding, playing guitar, comics, movies & great music! Bands like The Pixies, The Sex Pistols, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors & Nirvana. The latter being the vehicle to how I discovered the hottest band in the world!
In '92 I was the biggest Nirvana fan on earth & I owned (& still do) everything of theirs! On one of Nirvana's CD bootlegs I got to hear their cover of "Do You Love Me?" from the album "Hard To Believe" & then I went on the hunt for the real mccoy! Then that same year "Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey" was released which featured 'God Gave Rock'N'Roll To You II' right at the end! Awesome!!! Remember kids, I was only 12 at the time Bill & Ted, Wayne & Garth, Beavis & Butt-head were our generations only source to good tunes! And once a week "The Word" & "Raw Power" - No internet, No Guitar Hero, No Rock Band, No 20 music television channels!
So then with my pocket money I started buying Kerrang! & RAW magazines & then I could finally put a face to the name KISS & I was awestruck! The 4 coolest guys on planet earth (1 via planet Jendell)!
Thanks to the early '90s I discovered so many awesome rock bands which those unfairly labelled "grunge" bands citied as their musical influences! I'll not even start that list!
In 1996 I bought my first KISS CD which was "You Wanted The Best, You Got The Best!!" the cover blew me away! That same year I also bought "Greatest KISS", then "Destroyer" & 14 years later...my house, like so many other KISS fans homes is like a mini KISS museum! Vinyl, action figures, comics, 101 different rarities, posters, bootlegs, dvd's, cd's etc. etc.

What's your favourite...
Record - Dressed To Kill
Member - Ace Frehley
DVD - Symphony

I have only saw KISS twice. My first KISS concert was the intimate gig at The O2 Academy, Islington, London on 2nd March 2010 & The O2 in Dublin 7th May 2010. I am planning on going to see them again this September in Toronto, Canada.

Quite simply, everything!

I purchased a Meet & Greet package for The O2 Dublin show! Where I got to meet Gene, Paul, Tommy & Eric!
KISS were absolutely awesome! I have to say that was the greatest night of my life! Getting to meet the guys in the flesh was the most amazing experience I will ever have! They were four absolute gentlemen, I got four personal items which I brought signed. The limited edition KISS Sonic Boom CD/DVD, KISS Marvel comic issue Number 1 from 1977 & KISS Alive! record album insert, which I had already got signed by the photographer of the album Fin Costello, who I've met a few times at various Rory Gallagher exhibitions!
Gene Simmons also signed the back plate which I took off my limited edition Gene Simmons Axe Bass II, I got the signature lacquered to preserve it for life! And speaking of "for life" Gene Simmons & Paul Stanley signed my KISS tattoo & I got their signatures tattoo'd that Monday (I think everyone was relived that I could finally wash my arm)!
There was only 5 people who bought Meet & Greet tickets in Dublin which was great as this meant we got to speak with each member & get all our 'stuff' signed! I was the only person at the Dublin M&G that got individual photographs taken with them (Gene & Paul)! I certainly wasn't going to miss this once in a lifetime opportunity! I will never forget that evening for as long as I live.

I was made up the following week when the photograph M&G organiser Dean Snowden took of myself & Gene was posted on the http://www.kissonline.com home page!

As for the show itself I’m still lost for words! Above & beyond what I had expected! We wanted the best, we sure as hell got the best! Their stage show is the most amazing spectacle I have ever witnessed, a two-hour Rock 'n' Roll Circus! Words simply cannot express how awesome KISS are live!
My seven year old nephew Jordan was seated in the audience with his mother & father (my brother). When I met up with them at the hotel room after the show my nephew said "that was the best night of my life!"... well that makes two of us & I'm certain everyone in the arena that night would agree!

It was obviously a completely different ball-game from the O2 Islington, London gig in March, as that gig was an intimate show for only 800 hardcore & extremely lucky, lucky KISS Army soliders! Both shows certainly rank as the best show/concert/gig I have ever been to...until the next time!

For any fellow KISS Army members on http://www.kissonline.com my username there is also green_valley I have lots of photographs I took at both the O2 Islington gig back in March & of the O2 Dublin concert in May, so feel free to check them out & add me as a friend!

Thanks for having me!
Denver

Bay
Best Of The Solo Albums (1979)

Postby Bay » Mon May 31, 2010 7:51 pm

Welcome Denver, if we win that £5000 i'll be in canada with you m8! :D
ImageImageImageImage

green_valley
Dressed To Kill (1975)

Postby green_valley » Mon May 31, 2010 10:35 pm

Absolutely man! How awesome would that be! *-) $-) ACE-) 3-)

Marshallhead
KISS (1974)

Postby Marshallhead » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:04 pm

I should have come here before I posted on the Caption Comp, but here goes:

First saw Kiss with VV on the Lick it Up tour, in Edinburgh UK, and that's how I got into them - as well as an old mate being a major fan and lending me his vinyl (I bought LIU for myself though!). Still trying to get hold of a boot of that show I can download...

I was knocked out by seeing a Jackson guitar for the first time, and ended up ordering one in '87 when they became available in UK without the dreaded Kahler bridge, however I chickened out of ordering a Rhoads - too radical - and got a Soloist instead. Still my favourite guitar to this day, but I did eventually get a pair of original early 80's Rhoads after about 20 years of searching!

I have to say Creatures and Lick it Up are what I listen to most, but that first album ranks up there among things like "Van Halen" as a killer debut. Video wise, anything, especially Kissology Vol 2, not so keen on the reunion stuff - I struggle to balance off the buzz of seeing the original line-up vs the sloppiness Ace exhibits. Of course Vol 2 has that Tom Snyder interview which never gets old. Favourite member has to be Ace though, a very funny guy and when he's on his game he's great - guitar solos you can sing.

Three times, 1983 as mentioned, again in 88 with Kulick (loudest gig ever to this day) and again in Newcastle 2010.

I like all kinds of stuff, but putting on Kiss is like going home to your own bed after you come back from holiday.

No, but Vinnie Vincent would probably be happy to meet some of my guitars...

Pete

Postby Pete » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:09 am

Marshallhead wrote:I should have come here before I posted on the Caption Comp, but here goes:

First saw Kiss with VV on the Lick it Up tour, in Edinburgh UK, and that's how I got into them - as well as an old mate being a major fan and lending me his vinyl (I bought LIU for myself though!). Still trying to get hold of a boot of that show I can download...

I was knocked out by seeing a Jackson guitar for the first time, and ended up ordering one in '87 when they became available in UK without the dreaded Kahler bridge, however I chickened out of ordering a Rhoads - too radical - and got a Soloist instead. Still my favourite guitar to this day, but I did eventually get a pair of original early 80's Rhoads after about 20 years of searching!

I have to say Creatures and Lick it Up are what I listen to most, but that first album ranks up there among things like "Van Halen" as a killer debut. Video wise, anything, especially Kissology Vol 2, not so keen on the reunion stuff - I struggle to balance off the buzz of seeing the original line-up vs the sloppiness Ace exhibits. Of course Vol 2 has that Tom Snyder interview which never gets old. Favourite member has to be Ace though, a very funny guy and when he's on his game he's great - guitar solos you can sing.

Three times, 1983 as mentioned, again in 88 with Kulick (loudest gig ever to this day) and again in Newcastle 2010.

I like all kinds of stuff, but putting on Kiss is like going home to your own bed after you come back from holiday.

No, but Vinnie Vincent would probably be happy to meet some of my guitars...

Hello & welcome!
Pete
Image *-) $-) ACE-) 3-) Image

dtkdemongene
Music From "The Elder" (1981)

Postby dtkdemongene » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:04 pm

Nice Jacksons! 8)
Live the KISS experience with the World's longest running/Europe's #1 KISS Tribute Band 'Dressed To Kill'.
http://www.dressedtokill.org.uk
http://www.myspace.com/kisstributeuk
The PERSONAL choice of Gene Simmons - "Accept NO substitutes!"

Return to “General KISS Chat”