For all the newbies...

Talk about anything KISS related here.
User avatar
kissinuk
Administrator
Posts: 1844
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:07 pm

Re: For all the newbies...

Postby kissinuk » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:13 pm

Welcome! Presume you know Martins son as you're a pboro lad?

applecore88
KISS (1974)
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:35 pm

Re: For all the newbies...

Postby applecore88 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:17 pm

Indeed I do! That's him as *-) , actually :lol:

ClassicRockPodcast
KISS (1974)
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:47 pm

Re: For all the newbies...

Postby ClassicRockPodcast » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:38 am

Well seeing as it's a historic day I may as well chime in with mine. I'm from Manchester though live just outside Winchester now, so my first KISS show was Stafford Bingley Hall cowshed in 1983 for the Lick It Up tour. Did Manchester Apollo and Leeds the following year for Animalize and then I don't recall KISS coming around again for ages. I went to Uni and after Asylum and Crazy Nights I was somewhat confused by what they'd become so like many others I drifted.

Fast forward to 96 and the reunion and I seemed to awake from my KISS slumber. Since then it's been just like the old days. Best gig of my life was Islington by a country mile. Talk about the chance of a lifetime. If tonight comes anywhere close I'll be a happy man.

See you at the barrier!

User avatar
The Hendon Kiss Army
Ace Frehley (1978)
Posts: 1612
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:34 pm
Location: Ruislip

Re: For all the newbies...

Postby The Hendon Kiss Army » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:10 am

Hello ClassicRockPodcast. Fab to see eveyome joining The Kissinuk Army

roccydaleian
KISS (1974)
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:58 pm

Re: For all the newbies...

Postby roccydaleian » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:14 pm

How do, all fellow Kiss fans. I first got into Kiss in about 1977. A mate of mine showed me the inside cover of Alive2. I borrowed the album and have been hooked ever since.

I've two fave records Alive2 and Revenge. My favorite band member is Paul Stanley 'cause i think he's the best song writer. My fave dvd is Exposed. :shock:

My first concert was Bingley Hall on the Unmasked tour, then it was Donnington 96 (the best ever) Manchester, Finsbury Park, Wembley Arena, and Manchester again on the Sonic Boom tour.

Band members iv'e met are Bruce Kulick and Eric Singer, both at the Kiss Expo's in Nottingham.Got to say Bruce was absolutely fantastic. Special mention also for Bill Aucoin who also was a true gent.
Oh and P.S. I'm called Ian and live in Littleborough in Lancashire.

KISStrooper
Double Platinum (1978)
Posts: 1083
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:20 pm
Location: Congleton Cheshire
Contact:

Re: For all the newbies...

Postby KISStrooper » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:29 pm

Hello ClassicRockPodcast and roccydaleian, welcome to the forum :D
Mick

User avatar
BigCol
KISS (1974)
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:18 am

Re: For all the newbies...

Postby BigCol » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:29 am

Pete wrote:It appears some of the newer members think there's a bit of a 'Them and Us' feel to the board... so let's rectify this...

Why not use this thread here to tell us all about your Kiss experiences?

How did you get into the band?

What's your fave record/member/DVD etc?

How many times have you seen the band? Have you seen them abroad?

What does Kiss mean to you?

Have you ever met a current or ex member of Kiss?

Come on now, don't be shy...get it off your chest and tell Us (Or are we Them? :wink: :D )
all about your love for the THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD!!!


Hi all, I've just seen this.

I got into the band when on a trip to the USA in the late 1990's. I was astonished at the level of merchandise available for this band so just had to check them out. I've never looked back! My favourite member is Paul *-) , although Gene embodies KISS for many Paul has consistently given his all to the band over the years. I've seen the band twice now, Wembley and the Forum the other night. Never met any of them but I'd love to! The one thing that strikes me about KISS is the camerarderie among the fans, it's like nothing else. The sing a long on the tube home on Wednesday for example, never had that at any other gig. Fantastic.

Pete
Moderator
Posts: 17097
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:01 pm
Location: Lost in Limbo...

Re: For all the newbies...

Postby Pete » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:39 am

BigCol wrote:
Pete wrote:It appears some of the newer members think there's a bit of a 'Them and Us' feel to the board... so let's rectify this...

Why not use this thread here to tell us all about your Kiss experiences?

How did you get into the band?

What's your fave record/member/DVD etc?

How many times have you seen the band? Have you seen them abroad?

What does Kiss mean to you?

Have you ever met a current or ex member of Kiss?

Come on now, don't be shy...get it off your chest and tell Us (Or are we Them? :wink: :D )
all about your love for the THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD!!!


Hi all, I've just seen this.

I got into the band when on a trip to the USA in the late 1990's. I was astonished at the level of merchandise available for this band so just had to check them out. I've never looked back! My favourite member is Paul *-) , although Gene embodies KISS for many Paul has consistently given his all to the band over the years. I've seen the band twice now, Wembley and the Forum the other night. Never met any of them but I'd love to! The one thing that strikes me about KISS is the camerarderie among the fans, it's like nothing else. The sing a long on the tube home on Wednesday for example, never had that at any other gig. Fantastic.



Hello!!!
Pete
Image *-) $-) ACE-) 3-) Image

Image

User avatar
skinnymartin
Moderator
Posts: 4601
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:53 am
Location: Whittlesey, Nr Peterborough
Contact:

Re: For all the newbies...

Postby skinnymartin » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:42 am

applecore88 wrote:Indeed I do! That's him as *-) , actually :lol:


Bloody hell. Could do without people reporting back to the forum about my behaviour in Whittlesey.

Yep have travelled to see KISS and quite a few otehr bands with Applecore88.


hi craig. :)
Martin Curtis BA (Hons) ELL (Open)
(status accurate from 3 August 2010)
Image




A world without heroes
Is like a world without sun
You can't look up to anyone
Without heroes

Pete
Moderator
Posts: 17097
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:01 pm
Location: Lost in Limbo...

Re: For all the newbies...

Postby Pete » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:46 am

skinnymartin wrote:
applecore88 wrote:Indeed I do! That's him as *-) , actually :lol:


Bloody hell. Could do without people reporting back to the forum about my behaviour in Whittlesey.

Yep have travelled to see KISS and quite a few otehr bands with Applecore88.


hi craig. :)



Can't be any worse than your behaviour anywhere else can it? :? :wink:
Pete
Image *-) $-) ACE-) 3-) Image

Image

User avatar
skinnymartin
Moderator
Posts: 4601
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:53 am
Location: Whittlesey, Nr Peterborough
Contact:

Re: For all the newbies...

Postby skinnymartin » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:27 am

In fact it's much better in Whittlesey. I have a reputation and electors to think about!!
Martin Curtis BA (Hons) ELL (Open)
(status accurate from 3 August 2010)
Image




A world without heroes
Is like a world without sun
You can't look up to anyone
Without heroes

applecore88
KISS (1974)
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:35 pm

Re: For all the newbies...

Postby applecore88 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:36 pm

Until the fourth pint.. :lol:

User avatar
Sour Mash
Unmasked (1980)
Posts: 3395
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:55 am

Re: For all the newbies...

Postby Sour Mash » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:14 pm

applecore88 wrote:Until the fourth pint.. :lol:



Fourth ?? thats a good session hes usually gone on the 3rd :lol: :lol: :lol:
IAN

http://kissoffline2012.forumotion.co.uk/
Dont Take Shit from anyone...ever....
Gene Simmons 1984..

Pete
Moderator
Posts: 17097
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:01 pm
Location: Lost in Limbo...

Re: For all the newbies...

Postby Pete » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:41 pm

Sour Mash wrote:
applecore88 wrote:Until the fourth pint.. :lol:



Fourth ?? thats a good session hes usually gone on the 3rd :lol: :lol: :lol:


It's the fourth pint that he starts biting people... :wink:
Pete
Image *-) $-) ACE-) 3-) Image

Image

User avatar
Sour Mash
Unmasked (1980)
Posts: 3395
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:55 am

Re: For all the newbies...

Postby Sour Mash » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:05 pm

Pete wrote:
Sour Mash wrote:
applecore88 wrote:Until the fourth pint.. :lol:



Fourth ?? thats a good session hes usually gone on the 3rd :lol: :lol: :lol:


It's the fourth pint that he starts biting people... :wink:


no thats when the mouth area loses any muscle :lol:
IAN

http://kissoffline2012.forumotion.co.uk/
Dont Take Shit from anyone...ever....
Gene Simmons 1984..


Return to “General KISS Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests