For all the newbies...

Talk about anything KISS related here.
kingjames1970
The Originals II (1978)

Re: For all the newbies...

Postby kingjames1970 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:42 pm

Don't think I can contribute as much as others as they've really put so much enthusiasm into this thread! But here goes...

How did you get into the band?
Mate of mine when I was 13 put on Alive II and showed me the gatefold sleeve. I was completely knocked out by it. At that point Maiden were my faves. I also thinking Paul was so completely cool on the cover of Lick it Up. Wasn't macho just being a complete poseur and I loved his attitude. I remember getting soooo excited waiting for Anamalize to come out and listening it so much I wore it out, actually I ended up having three copies of Lick it Up for the same reason!

Never saw that mate much again so then I was the only guy at at school to be into them, even amongst my fellow metal fans who took the p*ss a lot. I guess you either 'get it' or you don't.

Then I couldn't believe it when they were on Top of the Pops and so many people liked them. It felt really weird. Bit like going to your first Kiss gig or discovering this site and finding out you're really part of a very special cult!

My wife is an opera singer but she's very understanding of my framed pic in the dining room (In Westminster Bridge about 75 I think) and my calendar in the kitchen! (And of course listening loudly to all types of metal (glam in particular.)

What's your fave record/member/DVD etc?
Alive II I guess, it's just the whole package really isn't it?!
For DVD I'll replace with videotape! Still eXposed I think because it was so rare to see them at all in those days bar dodgy VHS bootlegs and I love them sending themselves up. (Disappointed in the only very short cameos of Eric and Bruce though.)
Second Coming is close second as I love the way it just builds up and always makes me excited to be a Kiss fan and reminds me of when I first heard they would put the makeup back on.

How many times have you seen the band? Have you seen them abroad?
Donnington 88, Revenge tour in Glasgow, Finsbury Park, Physcho Circus and Farewell Tours at Wembley.

What does Kiss mean to you?
Just great music and energy with an album to suit every mood. I also obviously love the presentation.

Have you ever met a current or ex member of Kiss?
I'd faint or seriously stutter if I did! I don't want to anyway, I'd hate to meet Paul and he was in a bad mood!

And Paul is my fave, embodiment of what every real rock star should be. Great vocals, stage presence and moves and he is the one that kept Kiss going.

I still love Gene but he is a bit of an embarrassing uncle these days with all the crap he says and sells. I hope this new album brings back a bit of a sense of danger about the Demon, that's what used to make him very cool.

espressomanfishing
KISS (1974)

Postby espressomanfishing » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:45 pm

1981 - Our Price records (remember them?) there was Dynasty for 99p - how could I resist that cover!!!

IWMFLY - Magic touch... i was hooked... Alive followed a week later, then Dressed to Kill, Kiss (debut), Hotter Than Hell etc... etc...

And as they say, the rest is history.

Lets go Rock & Roll People!!!! $-) ACE-) 3-) *-)
Who steers the ship through the stormy sea
If hope is lost then so are we
While some eyes search for one to guide us
Some are staring at me

MarkieDeSade
KISS (1974)

Postby MarkieDeSade » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:17 pm

Hey Hey Hey, been knocking about on Kissin' Uk for some time, what with the new LP coming up,don't it sound bitching best since Lick' if you ask me, I thought i'd say hello:

How did you get into the band? Crazy Nights, TOTP live broiadcast from the USA.

What's your fave record/member/DVD etc? Animalize, Mark St John was a great guitarist and song writer.

How many times have you seen the band? Have you seen them abroad? Only seen them in the UK seen them on every UK tour since Donnigton 88

What does Kiss mean to you? Not a lot, they are only a band after all.

Have you ever met a current or ex member of Kiss? No, and to be honest would you? Gene seems like a complete knob, Paul seems ok and the other two are just hired hands anyway. I once saw Peter at a convention at the Astoria he did a Q&A and was so far up his bum he was almost coming out of his mouth. He seemed to have delusions of grandeur. My motto is never to meet your hero’s, there are not who you think they are.

highvoltage1969
The Originals II (1978)

Postby highvoltage1969 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:21 pm

How did you get into the band? - Saw some posters the older brother of a friend of mine had in about 1981

What's your fave record/member/DVD etc? RNRO, Ace, 2nd Coming

How many times have you seen the band? 10 times 1984 Wembley (half empty, first proper gig - went with my dad, loved it!), '1988 Wembley and Donington (dreadful production, so so performance), 1992 NEC (Brilliant! but hall totally empty), 1996 Donington (The best! almost fainted and threw up with anxiety when the intro started), 1996 Wembley (great gig), 1996 NYNEX (arrived late during Black Diamond! Security wouldn't let us in!!! Eventually saw 3 songs and got 2 punctures driving home and snapped the fan belt doing 65mph in 2nd gear), 1997 (I think) Finsbury Park (OK, nothing special, audience a bit thin on the ground), 1999 Wembley (Great gig) - Download 2008 (Great gig).

What does Kiss mean to you? They provided me with motivation and self belief.

Have you ever met a current or ex member of Kiss? Gene a couple of times (always friendly in a professional sort of way) and Peter (completely deluded and a prize twit. Barely literate, struck me as a bit thick to be honest).

Bay
Best Of The Solo Albums (1979)

Postby Bay » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:36 am

How did you get into the band? - First time i heard alive II,i was hooked
What's your fave record/member/DVD etc? - Album has to be the elder(although unmasked is seriously underrated).Don't really have a fave band member(i'm even warming to tommy!)Dvd - unplugged.
How many times have you seen the band? - Not sure how many times,every tour from unmasked onwards,usually multiple shows on every tour(finances allowing!)Never seen them abroad edit* I have seen them in Dublin now!,but did make the pilgrimage to the coffeehouse for my 40th
What does Kiss mean to you? - mm tough question,nothing life changing or motivational but certainly more than just a band
Have you ever met a current or ex member of Kiss? I've met Ace , eric singer,bruce and mark st john, Tommy and Gene. I'm lucky enough to have either met or seen live every member who's been in kiss.I've even met dan bach at various gigs/conventions over the years(well he has been onstage with ace!)
Last edited by Bay on Tue May 25, 2010 12:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImageImage

Dan bach
Animalize (1984)

Postby Dan bach » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:13 pm

Hey BayKISS,

Welcome to the forum .....

Will you be at Ace in December?

Bay
Best Of The Solo Albums (1979)

Postby Bay » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:49 pm

ImageImageImage

MR-KISS-UK
Alive! (1975)

Postby MR-KISS-UK » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:38 am

I could ramble on forever so I'm gonna try make this short:

My dad is what you could call a typical rocker and had a soft spot for KISS. This bought my attention to the band from as little age as 2(maybe)
i went to my 11st show when I was 7. Here, Gene sent a roadie to me and my bro (who was 8) with a plectrum each and a pass for my dad, allowing us to meet the band (Kind of anyway, wish I could remember more about this tho :-(. From this day on..................I WAS HOOKED

This is a hard one, I'm now 25 and in all my years as a KISS fan, I have never been able to to pinpoint a favourite member of the band. Over the 37 years there have been 10 official members of KISS. Each one playing a vital role In KISStory and responsible for what the band was at that period of time and for what the band is today............................Same kind of answer for the records and DVD really. They all capture waht KISS is about at that period.
Last edited by MR-KISS-UK on Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:00 pm, edited 5 times in total.
MR-KISS-UK......BANDANA-DAN......DAN HILL......NEW YORK TRIP GUY......UK TOUR REPORT GUY

Pete

Postby Pete » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:43 am

Pete
Image *-) $-) ACE-) 3-) Image

dcj
Hotter Than Hell (1974)

Postby dcj » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:58 pm

Evening all, KISS fan here since about 1979. My brother introduced them to me by continuous playing of KISS ALIVE 2. I first saw them at Stafford Bingley Hall in 83 and then after at SBH in 84, Birmingham 88,Donington 88, Sheffield 92(?) Birmingham 96 and Wembley 98. Also saw Paul at donington in 87 with Bon Jovi
Fave albums: Love Gun/Kiss/Alive.
Fave songs: Love Gun/ Makin Love(alive 2 version) Deuce(Live)
Hates : Crazy Nights/God Gave
Also seen and enjoyed DTK a few times at Sutton Diamond and Kiss Expo (cant remember year know Eric Singer was there).
Am hoping to go to Birmingham and Manchester next year and taking my 12 year old daughter who I converted (brainwashed) when she was just 6. She used to nick my Kerrang straight away every week to look for pics of KISS. She had two posters of them on her wall and the KISS figures on a shelf with her soft toys. Brings a tear to my eye when I look at her CDs now. All Lady Ga Ga etc.
My favourite member is PS always consistently good at penning a tune(apart from Crazy nights)
Favourite dvd: Second coming,although havent seen Kissology yet.

grunge
Peter Criss (1978)
Location: Walsall, West Of The Midlands! Official KISS ARMY Member #1010 XBox Live: Oh4Q

Postby grunge » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:56 pm

Welcome aboard m8!

Great time for the KISS Army huh? :wink:
Danger You, Danger Me, Danger Mouse!
Shock Me - Put on your black SWEATER!

ImageImageImage ImageImage

Pete

Postby Pete » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:27 am

Pete

kieran1980
KISS (1974)

Postby kieran1980 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:46 pm

Hello fellow kiss fans!
Been a fan of kiss since 1991 when i was 11, god gave rock and roll to you 2 was the 1st song i heard (hope they play it in manchester in may), bought exposed video and got hooked ever since.
fave album hard to say, can't stop playing sonic boom at moment love it! but between creatures, r.a.r.o, kiss, destroyer, revenge lets say all lol.fave band member Ace Frehley. but current line up Paul Stanley the guys got tallent in spades. DVD kissology's roll on the 4th one.
How many times have you seen the band? Have you seen them abroad?
sadly only once Donington 1996 best live band i've seen. Going to Manchester in may with the girlfriend, want to do birmingham or london aswell but finding it hard to sell the idea to my mates though lol.
p.s love this site been a visitor for years.

kissinuk
Administrator

Postby kissinuk » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:30 pm

Big hello to all the new members, we've had a few sign up over the past couple of days, welcome to our forum!

Pete

Postby Pete » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:40 am

Pete

Return to “General KISS Chat”