The Islington Show thread.

Talk about anything KISS related here.
The Hendon Kiss Army
Ace Frehley (1978)

Re: The Islington Show Sticky!

Postby The Hendon Kiss Army » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:46 pm

Another review of a link from Kiss site on Facebook.

http://www.rockandmetalnews.com/index.php?prod_id=142

acesmiddlefinger
Paul Stanley (1978)

Postby acesmiddlefinger » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:57 pm

Same old faces(wouldnt want to name them in case i missed some out)new faces,same old KISS......i wouldnt want it any other way. :wink:
I honestly thought the band were on fire,Singer and Thayer are incredible, a superb foil for Simmons and Stanley,Cold Gin and Got To choose were the highlights for me but i cant remember a bum note on any songs.I honestly felt like i was watching a DVD and many times wanted to press pause to take in what we were all witnessing.The photos show everything whats good about following this band,visually amazing,musically stunning and finally the bond between KISS fans both on this forum and those who flew in from wherever to not only see the show but sell tickets to some of us!!(Thanks Edward,you game me the chance to witness something very very special)
Roll on May when im sure we will be given some more great memories to stick in the KISS memory bank!

P.S.Will let you know when my feet next touch the floor....
P.P.S.Remember Wrexhamfan(Chris) no more sitting in the corner with a bowl of chips on your own :wink:
'Who knows where we'll be in the morning,i know we're here tonight'

Acebwfc66
Rock And Roll Over (1976)

Postby Acebwfc66 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:57 pm

:D :D :D *-) $-) ACE-) 3-) :D :D :D

Im finally out of shock now. Last night was amazing and too much to take in all in one go. I cannot wait for the tour now. How long is it?

RippingFleshFromBone
Dynasty (1979)

Postby RippingFleshFromBone » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:59 pm

Ray The Tongue wrote:I had a total ball,eat a lot of confetti as well haha, would have loved a t shirt for that show..oh well...and the two big bald guys, one with a sad pair of pony tails who charged to the front and knocked people out the way...tossers!
Happy times for Kiss fans,thought Pauls voice was good enough as well. :D

I tend to get a bit over excited at KISS gigs and it is general admission, not I'm standing here please stay away! But if I offended you in any way then apologies.

And FYI they aint pony tails they're braids and it's called having some individuality!!!!!!!

As far as the gig goes...it was fun!
ACK!...It's Rock 'n' Roll!!

Frehley75

Postby Frehley75 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:01 pm

acesmiddlefinger wrote:Cold Gin and Got To choose were the highlights for me

Same here Don.
"Hi, I'm Rich Pelley. I'm on the guest list."

"Awopbopaloobop Alopbamboom"

almack
Double Platinum (1978)

Postby almack » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:05 pm

Frehley75 wrote:
acesmiddlefinger wrote:Cold Gin and Got To choose were the highlights for me

Same here Don.

All i remember of Cold Gin was me and Danny making a b-line for the front, it was mad, and the place was rockin'!

Don, Got to Choose bought back memories of Irving Plazza... Foookin' Sound!
They try to tell us we don't belong, but that's alright, were millions strong......

websitemad
Rock And Roll Over (1976)

Postby websitemad » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:57 pm

Currently living life on the water ;-)

Bay
Best Of The Solo Albums (1979)

Postby Bay » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:02 pm

RippingFleshFromBone wrote:
Ray The Tongue wrote:I had a total ball,eat a lot of confetti as well haha, would have loved a t shirt for that show..oh well...and the two big bald guys, one with a sad pair of pony tails who charged to the front and knocked people out the way...tossers!
Happy times for Kiss fans,thought Pauls voice was good enough as well. :D

I tend to get a bit over excited at KISS gigs and it is general admission, not I'm standing here please stay away! But if I offended you in any way then apologies.

And FYI they aint pony tails they're braids and it's called having some individuality!!!!!!!

As far as the gig goes...it was fun!

No good spending years beefing up by selfabuse, if you can't put it to some use. We always knew it was going to get rough!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ImageImageImageImage

Goat666
Destroyer (1976)

Postby Goat666 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:27 pm

That was just amaizng - great to meet some guys of here - hendon army and a few others. Ended the nite in the crowbar!! I got a pick as well!!!!!! So pleased - roll on may!!

mwombwell
Hotter Than Hell (1974)

Postby mwombwell » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:35 pm

I've knocked up a swift site containing approximately 140 pics I took along with a link to my Rock N Roll All Nite clip on YouTube.

Also managed to record the "full" show on audio but needs some mastering before unleashing as it was done on the phone.

http://freespace.virgin.net/martin.wombwell/

Enjoy
Last edited by mwombwell on Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Bay
Best Of The Solo Albums (1979)

Postby Bay » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:55 pm

mwombwell wrote:I've knocked up a swift site containing approximately 140 pics and a link to my Rock N Roll All Nite clip on YouTube.

http://freespace.virgin.net/martin.wombwell/

Enjoy

Love it m8, feel free to use any of my pics on the site.
http://www3.snapfish.co.uk/thumbnailsha ... =truprint/
ImageImageImageImage

Goat666
Destroyer (1976)

Postby Goat666 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:07 am

Here are 2 of mine - more to upload - they are not as good as the rest of the photos here - but i am pleased because my skills with a camera are pathetic!!

grunge
Peter Criss (1978)
Location: Walsall, West Of The Midlands! Official KISS ARMY Member #1010 XBox Live: Oh4Q

Postby grunge » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:57 am

Well what a turn up!

This time last week I was nearly crying I wouldn't be there - now nearly crying cos I was!!

As I posted before, I couldn't get on the guest list so, was going down just for the craic.

Got home on Monday after work to a Facebook msg from a guy with a spare ticket! He'd read my desperate plea on the O2 group and offered me the spare for £75!!! :shock: I gave him his arm back when we met up! :lol:

It was great to catch up with some of the Cobo Posse! Don (AMF) - "that wer KISSTORY!!" Chris (TSTB) - you Legend!!

DTK - glad you all got in - it really shouldn't have been so much hassle for you guys! :roll:

Danny, Gary - pleasure as always!
Dants - great to finally get to speak to ya
Ash - I'm grunge - I'll let you know who I am next time too! :wink:

Tim, Alex (it was mint!), Hutchie, jaymze - nice one lads!

HKA very kindly got me a parking pass - I then got parking ticket for not writing my Reg No. on the bloody thing (Can you believe that? :roll: ) Paul - thanks for helping me out and the fast train back to Ruislip - I'd probably still be on the tube now!

If I've missed anyone - apologies - but, thanks to everyone for making it a night I'll never, ever forget.

I got in just after 3am - totally buzzing!!

I was my 3rd best KISS gig - truely, truely 'kin amazing!

Ask Don - Gene looked straight at me! (and a little bit of wee came out!)

now sports....... :wink:

Sorry there were so many - I couldn't choose!! :wink:
Danger You, Danger Me, Danger Mouse!
Shock Me - Put on your black SWEATER!

ImageImageImage ImageImage

The Hendon Kiss Army
Ace Frehley (1978)

Postby The Hendon Kiss Army » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:04 am

These collections are the best Ihave ever seen. Grunge, some great *-) poses

AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)

Postby AxeBass » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:50 am

What a superb night. The atmosphere and the venue size set it up to blow us away, but it needed a band on form and up for it for that to happen and Kiss were seriously up for it. Anyone wondering whether to buy tickets for the tour with doubts read on this site about them looking old/fat/bad voices - i say ignore it all, its all meaningless drivel as soon as that first chord hits you. Kiss are as good as they have ever been and Paul is looking and sounding great.

The set list was perfect for me - 2 news ones and my 2 all time faves of 100,000 Years and LMGRNR meant that the rest of the set could be anything they wanted. Dr Love was an unexpected highlight. I didnt know about the Co2 problem at the time and thought there was only 1 song in the encore to leave us wanting more.

Touted tickets? Pay what you feel something is worth to you but remember that every event has a marketplace. I wouldnt criticise a fan for wanting the market rate for a spare ticket and equally if someone decides that is too much then that is their choice. I paid £175 each for 2 tickets for me and my brother, got them from a guy with a big longstanding reputation on ebay that he wasnt going to risk for the sake of a couple of hundred quid. It was easy and in my opinion the bargain of the century. He also gave me enough personal info about himself if I needed to blag it. Fortunately I didnt cos despite the Liverpool credit card I could never have claimed them as my team and would have faced ejection if that security question had been asked :lol:

Those that reported touts only made life difficult for genuine fans who were prepared to pay a bit more. I hope those complaints made on this site didnt lead to any of the few that got turned away being disappointed. :roll: :roll:

Good to see Father Jack and Frehley75 in the show and to meet Baykiss afterwards ..... the extra 5 pints afterwards did me no good at work yesterday on top of the pregig 5! The kebab after we left you also made matters worse.

What a Kiss year this is going to be!

Return to “General KISS Chat”