Sonic Boom Ad on E4,that surprised me.

Talk about anything KISS related here.
Glammy Dave
Dressed To Kill (1975)

Sonic Boom Ad on E4,that surprised me.

Postby Glammy Dave » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:29 pm

Just watching E4 and an add for the UK tour just came on,I wasnt expecting that. :shock:
"Glams Not Dead,I`m Still Alive"

andykiss4ever
Rock And Roll Over (1976)

Re: Sonic Boom Ad on E4,that surprised me.

Postby andykiss4ever » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:10 pm

It's aiming at the new KISS demographic...teenagers! KISS are gonna live forever!!

kiss-76
The Originals (1976)

Postby kiss-76 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:01 am

I saw it! Really shocked me I have to say. Awesome to see KISS on such a popular channel. Shame the bloke's voice is so unexciting but great news!
Let’s come to London, strip it down, turn it up and blow the roof off The O2 Academy.

AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)

Postby AxeBass » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:53 pm

I saw it this morning on the Sky Sports News channel.

skinnymartin

Postby skinnymartin » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:01 pm

Haa Haa. I just put a very similar status update on Facebook - saw the ad on Dave.
Martin Curtis BA (Hons) ELL (Open)
(status accurate from 3 August 2010)

A world without heroes
Is like a world without sun
You can't look up to anyone
Without heroes

websitemad
Rock And Roll Over (1976)

Postby websitemad » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:01 pm

Just saw the ad on Dave, didn't know anything about it...thought I was still day dreaming about Tuesday...nearly fell off me sofa! :lol:
Currently living life on the water ;-)

RippingFleshFromBone
Dynasty (1979)

Postby RippingFleshFromBone » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:26 am

KISS advertising the tour on TV?

Is this a sign that the added shows arent selling that well and they are pulling out all the stops for maximum exposure?

Certainly never had to do this before...
ACK!...It's Rock 'n' Roll!!

The Hendon Kiss Army
Ace Frehley (1978)

Postby The Hendon Kiss Army » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:49 pm

RippingFleshFromBone wrote:KISS advertising the tour on TV?

Is this a sign that the added shows arent selling that well and they are pulling out all the stops for maximum exposure?

the rumour for what it is worth that the other shows in the North are not selling well, Sheffield has only 2500 sold so someone told me on Tuesday. HUge gamble to play the extra gigs, but theres still 2 months, even die hard Kiss fans there are are only a few I know that are going to all 9 shows. WOuld be great if they do all sell out. Kiss is one of the few "older" bands that get s featured nearly every week in Kerrang, so its down to the new teenage brigade me thinks to boost ticket sales.

Spooky_Von_Glitter
Dynasty (1979)

Postby Spooky_Von_Glitter » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:08 pm

Not seen it!
I saw a big ad in america on TV advertising the LA concert... i was really excited! But i remember wondering "eh? they advertise concerts etc here?" Cause we dont do it over here really???
Derp de derp de diddly derp!

highvoltage1969
The Originals II (1978)

Postby highvoltage1969 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:43 pm

[quote="RippingFleshFromBone"]KISS advertising the tour on TV?

Pretty much. TV advertising's pretty expensive, far more so than print or radio.

highvoltage1969
The Originals II (1978)

Postby highvoltage1969 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:44 pm

The Hendon Kiss Army wrote:

the rumour for what it is worth that the other shows in the North are not selling well, Sheffield has only 2500 sold so someone told me on Tuesday. HUge gamble to play the extra gigs, but theres still 2 months, even die hard Kiss fans there are are only a few I know that are going to all 9 shows. WOuld be great if they do all sell out. Kiss is one of the few "older" bands that get s featured nearly every week in Kerrang, so its down to the new teenage brigade me thinks to boost ticket sales.

I think Sheffield's done about 4,000.

IcemanKeith
Hotter Than Hell (1974)

Postby IcemanKeith » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:39 am

The Finsbury Park show in '97 was advertised on TV, it was a joint ad for Greatest Hits CD and the gig. That one didn't sell too well either although I heard there was a big turn up on the day for last minute tickets.

As for Sheffield I've so far resisted selling on my Manchester tickets just in case Sheffield gets cancelled, although Mrs Iceman has been checking the ticket agency websites and says some are now showing limited availability or tickets right up in the gods, so I'm guessing its sold a large proportion?

Does anyone have any reliable figures as to how well Sheffield is selling? I'm taking the kids to Sheffield and would hate for it to be cancelled and for them to miss out.

AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)

Postby AxeBass » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:23 am

IcemanKeith wrote:Does anyone have any reliable figures as to how well Sheffield is selling?

Unlikely - dont listen to rumours on here, just trust that Kiss/promoters know what they are doing.

I think it is cool that Kiss are advertised on TV, hopefully it sells some albums and tickets because that is what TV ads are for .... to sell. What they are not is a sign of desperation. :roll:

RippingFleshFromBone
Dynasty (1979)

Postby RippingFleshFromBone » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:59 am

The Hendon Kiss Army wrote:

Well I can believe that. I know quite a few peeps back up home and they all bought for Glasgow &/or Manchester. When Sheffield/Newcastle was announced many of them just stuck with the tickets they had as they booked hotels/travel already and simply didnt bother getting any hometown tix. Wasn't just as easy as selling your ticket.

I can't see KISS cancelling tho. Hell, Brighton, Wembley 84 were very poor as far as sales went and Wembley 88 certainly wasnt sold out and B/ham 92 was no where near sold out. They played them all when in 84, especially, it would have made more sence to cancel one Wembley date and just play the one and evn then it wouldn't have sold out!!!!! To add a date then cancel it would just not be good to see. And anyway...the less people there the better! More intimate...can relive Islington all aover again!!!!!!
ACK!...It's Rock 'n' Roll!!

Bay
Best Of The Solo Albums (1979)

Postby Bay » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:26 am

AxeBass wrote:
IcemanKeith wrote:Does anyone have any reliable figures as to how well Sheffield is selling?

Unlikely - dont listen to rumours on here, just trust that Kiss/promoters know what they are doing.

I think it is cool that Kiss are advertised on TV, hopefully it sells some albums and tickets because that is what TV ads are for .... to sell. What they are not is a sign of desperation. :roll:

Oh i don't know about that. I missed the Kiss advert but saw two others, one for McDonalds, and the other for Coke. Now when i called in the newsagents later that day, i just walked straight in and purchased a can of coke, no queue or anything. So it's pretty obvious that people who are desperate to sell will resort to tv adverts. :D
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “General KISS Chat”