crowds

Talk about anything KISS related here.
Bay
Best Of The Solo Albums (1979)

Re: crowds

Postby Bay » Mon May 17, 2010 11:12 am

minikiss wrote:im sorry just my opinion but if you stand at the front of the stage with all the "animals" as paul calls them.Dont start moaning if people around you want to jump up and down.I cant just stand still watching when Deuce comes on its impossible.And im not talking about mosh pits they are just daft.I was donington 88 and nobody wants that again.But a bit of mad jumping around never hurt anyone.They spoilt football by making everyone sit down.God help us if rock music is going the same way!!

I'm sure nobody is moaning about a bit of jumping and pushing? I was at Donnington in 88 too, didn't think the crowd were that rough tbh. But i did get stabbed in my foot at the Heavy Metal Holocaust by a very angry biker! He split the nail on my big toe, and the nail later fell off. Quick visit to the first aid to get bandanged up, i was ready to rock again! The youth of today, moaning about being pushed! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImageImage

BDJ87
Hotter Than Hell (1974)

Postby BDJ87 » Mon May 17, 2010 12:41 pm

I'm not moaning about being pushed, I'm moaning about people fighting and kind of spoiling it for everyone else!

minikiss
KISS (1974)

Postby minikiss » Mon May 17, 2010 1:35 pm

When AC/DC last played at Donington i got knocked out my a bottle just when Motley Crue were coming on.
The wife had to drag me to first aid
Those were the days flying bottles of piss!! i miss the old Monsters of Rock
she still has not forgiven me for making her miss the Crue :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pete

Postby Pete » Mon May 17, 2010 1:43 pm

minikiss wrote:When AC/DC last played at Donington i got knocked out my a bottle just when Motley Crue were coming on.
The wife had to drag me to first aid
Those were the days flying bottles of piss!! i miss the old Monsters of Rock
she still has not forgiven me for making her miss the Crue :lol: :lol: :lol:

Funny you should say that. A mate of mine got hit on the head by a frozen chicken ( :shock: !!!!! :shock: ) just prior to the Crue and missed them too as he was out cold (or should that be frozen?)!
Pete
Image *-) $-) ACE-) 3-) Image

Downy
Dynasty (1979)

Postby Downy » Mon May 17, 2010 10:14 pm

I dont mind the Bopping up and down and moshing but I dont agree with stage diving.

websitemad
Rock And Roll Over (1976)

Postby websitemad » Tue May 18, 2010 7:12 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M125PLevphk

Yes, that happened...

but some atmosphere other than "Don't stand so close to me" would be nice down the front, christ when I saw them at Bingley years ago I thought I'd broken a few ribs at the end of the show...but I'm still here...

I think (I know, I'm just as guilty as everyone else) Digital Cameras and Camcorders have realy killed the atmosphere at gigs, that's why people are standing so still throughout...

In conclusion: somewhere inbetween the two would be ideal!
(and 20 years younger, 'cause my back was killing me after Birmingham!)

:wink:
Currently living life on the water ;-)

Bay
Best Of The Solo Albums (1979)

Postby Bay » Tue May 18, 2010 7:35 pm

websitemad wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M125PLevphk

Yes, that happened...

but some atmosphere other than "Don't stand so close to me" would be nice down the front, christ when I saw them at Bingley years ago I thought I'd broken a few ribs at the end of the show...but I'm still here...

I think (I know, I'm just as guilty as everyone else) Digital Cameras and Camcorders have realy killed the atmosphere at gigs, that's why people are standing so still throughout...

In conclusion: somewhere inbetween the two would be ideal!
(and 20 years younger, 'cause my back was killing me after Birmingham!)

:wink:

I forgot just how bad guns n roses were at donnington! They have to be the most overrated band ever! :shock: :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImageImage

lrostoke
KISS (1974)

Postby lrostoke » Tue May 18, 2010 7:53 pm

I mentioned this a while ago on another topic, I've actually stopped taking a camera I'd rather go and just watch the show with my eyes rather than a view finder. And to be honest how many decent live vids are there on youtube were the sound is worth listening to.
Its nice to get a few pictures but non stop filming is pretty boring.

Something else whilst we are on the nostalgia trip for the early days of rock gigs :) they just don't seem as loud, I know its not good for you but used be you'd come out a gig and your ears were ringing :)

websitemad
Rock And Roll Over (1976)

Postby websitemad » Tue May 18, 2010 8:34 pm

lrostoke wrote:Something else whilst we are on the nostalgia trip for the early days of rock gigs :) they just don't seem as loud, I know its not good for you but used be you'd come out a gig and your ears were ringing :)

I was a bit gutted when they kicked in and the sound was so low...

I did more than enough filming at Islington, and a lot of it's been used in a multi-cam compilation of the wole gig with re-mastered sound...

So when it came to the big gigs I eased off quite a bit and just took it all in... :D
Currently living life on the water ;-)

Return to “General KISS Chat”