Dressed To Kill - 2010 Giglist (part 2)

Talk about anything KISS related here.
w00dy

Re: Dressed To Kill - 2010 Giglist (part 2)

Postby w00dy » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:31 pm

crad wrote:
w00dy wrote:Well the babysitters booked so me and mrs w00dster will be there :D

How can you trust plug with the little one's woodster :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They're looking after him ya daft sod :lol:

Scottish_Connection
Double Platinum (1978)

Postby Scottish_Connection » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:14 am

OK, I'm back to say - I'll be at the Stourbridge gig! Looking forward to seeing lots of lovely familiar faces there :D
17853 miles and counting - a personal Odyssey
1822 miles and counting - another Odyssey?

Jason
Hotter Than Hell (1974)

Postby Jason » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:01 pm

We will be there too for K's Birthday! :D
I remember when Nigel Pearson had HAIR!

Hazza
Love Gun (1977)

Postby Hazza » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:31 pm

I'll see you in Glasgow, chaps :wink:

Deuce
The Originals II (1978)

Postby Deuce » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:15 pm

OK so Stourbridge for the KIUK get together , any body notice who plays the night before...... Dirty DC a great ACDC tribute.

Need to add up the pennies to see if I can make it a weekender to remember (or not lol)...................

And find a cheap bed for a couple of nights..... an recomends, any nearby Premier Inns (stock up on brekkie and just a kebab to go back with...)

Deuce
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Steve

---------------------------------------------

Stand by my side, I'll be there for you......

Get up! and get your Grandma outta here

Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Postby Father Jack » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:05 am

There's a B&B quite close by that quite a few have used in the past. Im sure Amz or Lord Dan can give you details. :D

Scottish_Connection
Double Platinum (1978)

Postby Scottish_Connection » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:21 pm

I use the Talbot Hotel which is right in the centre of Stourbridge and staggering distance from the River Rooms (they are on laterooms).
I've never had any problems there but I know largebloke ran into a problem with his card being cloned by staff there a few years ago - it has however changed hands since then, and as I say, I've never had a problem.
Quite a few of the rooms are in need of some TLC, but they are clean and the brekkie is pretty good.
17853 miles and counting - a personal Odyssey
1822 miles and counting - another Odyssey?

Deuce
The Originals II (1978)

Postby Deuce » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:55 am

Father Jack wrote:There's a B&B quite close by that quite a few have used in the past. Im sure Amz or Lord Dan can give you details. :D

I stayed there the last time I saw you in S'Bridge. Awful place, just a pub with some rooms aand a bit dossy. Remember it Lord Dan?

Deuce
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Steve

Deuce
The Originals II (1978)

Postby Deuce » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:56 am

Scottish_Connection wrote:I use the Talbot Hotel which is right in the centre of Stourbridge and staggering distance from the River Rooms (they are on laterooms).
I've never had any problems there but I know largebloke ran into a problem with his card being cloned by staff there a few years ago - it has however changed hands since then, and as I say, I've never had a problem.
Quite a few of the rooms are in need of some TLC, but they are clean and the brekkie is pretty good.

Thanks, will check it out.

Deuce
$-) ACE-) 3-)
Steve

Frehley75

Postby Frehley75 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:19 pm

Deuce wrote:
Father Jack wrote:There's a B&B quite close by that quite a few have used in the past. Im sure Amz or Lord Dan can give you details. :D

I stayed there the last time I saw you in S'Bridge. Awful place, just a pub with some rooms aand a bit dossy. Remember it Lord Dan?

Deuce

Sounds perfect to me - any more details?
"Hi, I'm Rich Pelley. I'm on the guest list."

"Awopbopaloobop Alopbamboom"

nicksmithworld
Killers (1982)
Location: Wolverhampton "You are the rock'n'roll capital of the World!"

Postby nicksmithworld » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:36 pm

Stourbridge is a class place, I went to the Art college there, the 'river rooms' is on an industrial estate on the edge the the town/ring road and doesn't give a very good impression...Robert plant has played the town hall on a couple of occasions..

I'm looking forward to Banton's rendition of the New 'Go compare' ad... :shock: :lol:

feel free to feel offended, cyber-bullied, put out, outside of the clique, side-lined, marginalised or just generally have the piss taken out of. However it's a JOKE!-Nick's Mirth World!

Bay
Best Of The Solo Albums (1979)

Postby Bay » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:00 am

nicksmithworld wrote:Stourbridge is a class place, I went to the Art college there, the 'river rooms' is on an industrial estate on the edge the the town/ring road and doesn't give a very good impression...Robert plant has played the town hall on a couple of occasions..

I'm looking forward to Banton's rendition of the New 'Go compare' ad... :shock: :lol:

Are there any interesting record shops or merchandise shops in stourbridge?
ImageImageImageImage

Dan bach
Animalize (1984)

Postby Dan bach » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:50 am

Bay wrote: Are there any interesting record shops or merchandise shops in stourbridge?

Only the mecca, akin to Lotus Records in Hanley in the 1980's.

ST Records, in Dudley a ten minute drive ..... but get ready for credit card critical damage being inflicted.

S T Records
165 Wolverhampton Street, Dudley DY1 3AH 01384 230 726

Staff are really helpful, they allow you to listen to music as you search through the racks .... good retail therapy! :wink:

Deuce wrote:

Deuce

How can I freakin' forget it, it was a real DOSS HOUSE, i'm sure the sheets were unchanged and were used for nocturnal activities :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll:

As Scottish Connection states, the Talbot is really nice, but was put off it a bit with LB's experience. Last few times, I've driven straight back (2 and 1/2 hours).

I won't be there at Stourbridge this time, a friend's stag night in Liverpool in the following weeks and his wedding a few weeks later is draining my financies.

acesmiddlefinger
Paul Stanley (1978)

Postby acesmiddlefinger » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:53 pm

22 years to the day since KISS played MOR 88 wife,daughter and i made the trip under the tunnel to Birkenhead to Revolver for the DTK show.Place was packed,the audience were well up for it and the band didnt disappoint.Maybe it was just me but it seemed like a flashback in time because the tempo on some of the songs reminded me of when Eric C was behind the skins.Cold Gin,Deuce and Black Diamond seemed so fast,not that im complaining the crowd lapped it up and DTK got the ovation their performance deserved.
Highlight of the night was a blistering perfomance of Detroit and the drummer openly admitting after his drum solo that he was somewhat tired!! :lol:

Big thanks to the band,we had a blast!!
'Who knows where we'll be in the morning,i know we're here tonight'

Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Postby Father Jack » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:27 pm

Thanks Don, glad you enjoyed it. I wanted to have a yak & a pint with you mate but was in so much pain I could barely stand up when we'd finished.
Everyone at the Revolver seemed to enjoy themselves and apart from not being able to breath for most of the set, we had a great time too.
All the cudos really must go to Matt Blakout for stepping in at the last minute and bailing us out done up as Eric Carr. He did a more than sterling job and yep, some of those songs were played at Unmaksed tour speed. :D
Thanks to everyone who came last night. See those of you who are coming to either Bradford and /or Stourbridge.

Return to “General KISS Chat”