Stourbridge

Talk about anything KISS related here.
iamzoso60
KISS (1974)

Stourbridge

Postby iamzoso60 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:55 am

Just a big thank you to DTK for another brilliant night at The River Rooms Stourbridge. Good sized crowd, great sound, pyros, fire eating, confetti and even a pink inflatable guitar being trashed at the end. What more do you want for 8 quid!

Brilliant gig!!!!!

The Hendon Kiss Army
Ace Frehley (1978)

Re: Stourbridge

Postby The Hendon Kiss Army » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:05 pm

Another Fab night - Thanks DTK..

Interesting set list, so many youngsters in the crowd including another young lady called Beth who couldn't have been more than 8 who watched the show from her dads shoulders and knew most of the lyrics!
Woody's video clips added to the whole DTK experience as did the pyro.

Great to see some old friends and sorry I had to run off and didn't say goodbye to everyone but cab was booked for 12.15. Well done River Rooms for not trying to rip off their punters and a big thank you to Iamzoso and his wife for a great Saturday spent in the Black Country.

nicksmithworld
Killers (1982)
Location: Wolverhampton "You are the rock'n'roll capital of the World!"

Postby nicksmithworld » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:08 pm

Great show as usual, is it just me or is the refurbished 'River rooms' are a bit too clean? I prefered it when it was a bit more grungy? :D
feel free to feel offended, cyber-bullied, put out, outside of the clique, side-lined, marginalised or just generally have the piss taken out of. However it's a JOKE!-Nick's Mirth World!

grunge
Peter Criss (1978)
Location: Walsall, West Of The Midlands! Official KISS ARMY Member #1010 XBox Live: Oh4Q

Postby grunge » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:52 am

nicksmithworld wrote:I prefered it when it was a bit more grungy? :D

I tried my best!! ;)

Great nite and great to see everyone, Mr & Mrs AMF, Beth, Amz, Mr & Mrs Woody, Tim, Shane and of course Nick Smith (sorry if I missed anyone!). A real suprise seeing HKA there!! Nice one Paul!

Sry I didn't get a chance to speak to iamzoso60, say ta ra to Amabel or half of DTK.

A great show and Is That You? was fantastic to hear live again ............. after 30 Years! (Sorry Don mate!)

All the crap thats been flying around Facebook regarding the cancelled show in Bradford, ridiculous - the guys kicked ass - as usual.

And Gary - pleasure doing business with you! :wink:
Danger You, Danger Me, Danger Mouse!
Shock Me - Put on your black SWEATER!

ImageImageImage ImageImage

Jason
Hotter Than Hell (1974)

Postby Jason » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:18 pm

Yes, another great gig at the Rock Cafe. :D

Only gripe was the DJ after. What was going on thier! :roll:
I remember when Nigel Pearson had HAIR!

grunge
Peter Criss (1978)
Location: Walsall, West Of The Midlands! Official KISS ARMY Member #1010 XBox Live: Oh4Q

Postby grunge » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:44 pm

I think there were a few 'straights' and chavs in after closing and the 'DJ' played what he was used to! :roll:

dtkdemongene
Music From "The Elder" (1981)

Postby dtkdemongene » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:08 pm

Cheers everyone! Thanks as always to ALL who attended :)
We had a superb night.... GREAT crowd and a set list I think we all would have liked to hear KISS play on their tour :wink:

Shame about the primadonna support band and the shitty music from the DJ after the show but you can't have everything can you?!? lol! :roll: :lol:
Live the KISS experience with the World's longest running/Europe's #1 KISS Tribute Band 'Dressed To Kill'.
http://www.dressedtokill.org.uk
http://www.myspace.com/kisstributeuk
The PERSONAL choice of Gene Simmons - "Accept NO substitutes!"

acesmiddlefinger
Paul Stanley (1978)

Postby acesmiddlefinger » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:59 pm

We had a great time,always a pleasure to see so many familar faces,its great to just get out and witness some Kiss music but when you have a laugh and catch up with friends it makes it even better.Grunge did you try out your white wristband??? :lol: :lol:
'Who knows where we'll be in the morning,i know we're here tonight'

nicksmithworld
Killers (1982)

Postby nicksmithworld » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:09 pm

what with the Astoria gone. JB's about to close, and the refurbed 'upmarket' River rooms that plays crap music it's not looking good for live rock... :(

mind you people are more bothered about being photographed 'in front of' the stage for their facebook upgdate than actually watching the show :roll:
feel free to feel offended, cyber-bullied, put out, outside of the clique, side-lined, marginalised or just generally have the piss taken out of. However it's a JOKE!-Nick's Mirth World!

w00dy

Postby w00dy » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:23 pm

Really enjoyed the gig great set list and i was so chuffed my dvds for the show came out well. Great meeting up with everyone again.
Thanks to Gary for letting me and Mrs w00dy backstage to go and see Danny who foot was playing up again.

So when are you guys from DTK coming to see my band then? :D

grunge
Peter Criss (1978)

Postby grunge » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:40 pm

acesmiddlefinger wrote:Grunge did you try out your white wristband??? :lol: :lol:

It was too small!!! :roll:
:twisted:

Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Postby Father Jack » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:43 pm

Well, Ma & Myself might be able to actually do that now Im back doing an honest days work.
Twas a great night at Stourbridge after the debacle of Bradford. (still building the stage after 9pm,pftttt, complete joke !!)
Young Woody's dvd's were fantastic, especially the intro and the Eric Carr tribute for God Gave. Thanks mate !!
No idea what was going on with my fecking smoker...again. Nice of it to actually work...half way through the drum solo :roll: :roll: :lol:
Support band were the biggest bunch of talentless tossers ever. Soz ladies but Motley Crue you certainly are NOT, No matter how much bad attitude you think you may have ..... (having dealt with Steevi Jaimz for 2 years I know what a real bad attitude is, and your far from it!!).... and well done for crapping on your own doorstep and making sure you never get another booking in your home town. Cretins !!
As for Ray Von the DJ. What a tw@T !!! Why is he employed ??

Sorry I didn't come and have a chat with people after the show, but as Woody said, I was in complete agony and until the painkillers kicked in I just couldn't move. I managed to have a quick chat with Tim & Birthday girl Don once I could move though.

starchildmark
Music From "The Elder" (1981)

Postby starchildmark » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:03 am

who was the support band ????

nicksmithworld
Killers (1982)

Postby nicksmithworld » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:17 pm

http://www.myspace.com/ramblinboyuk

the singer's girlfriend was a bit of a fox :wink:

Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Postby Father Jack » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:40 pm

And a bit brain dead too if she honestly believes that sending abusive messages to the sound engineer because the band had to cut their set due to them pissing around outside when they should have been on stage is the way forward.

Return to “General KISS Chat”