Sonic Boom Meet & Greet Reviews

Please post all your show reports and pictures here!
Bay
Best Of The Solo Albums (1979)

Re: Sonic Boom Meet & Greet Reviews

Postby Bay » Mon May 24, 2010 8:47 am

ImageImageImage

MrTufnel
KISS (1974)

Postby MrTufnel » Thu May 27, 2010 2:34 pm

Hey Guys!

Sorry for the really late come back, but I’ve been badly ‘kin ill!

Anyway .... wow! What a buzz!

There were only 5 of us at the Glasgow m&g so the 15-20 minutes was a perfect length of time.

Kicked off by getting our signed programmes, guitar pics and posters. We hung about for a few minutes and got briefed on what would happen.
The guys came in for the picture and immediately started having a laugh. The band looked like they were having as good as, if not a better time
than the rest of us! :D When I went up I made a comment about feeling small at the best of times, at which point Paul had said that’s why they
had Eric, who then proceeded to ruffle my head and laugh at me.

After the pics, the guys hang around and signed our stuff took individual pictures and chatted with us. Eric is such a nice guy, and the one that I was probably most excited to see as I was a fan of his before I was a KISS fan. He seemed surprised that I had brought a Brian May '98 tour programme for him to sign. They seemed like they would sign as much as you liked and were so welcoming. Paul seemed to make a quick exit, but hung around the door and was more than happy to come in for a picture when I asked. I think he just likes time to himself before he goes on.

For those interested I got Gene to sign his KISS Solo LP & Sonic Boom, Paul the same, Eric a Brian May tour programme & Sonic Boom and Tommy an Black N Blue LP & Sonic Boom. They all also signed a birthday card for my cousin, which is going to make me a 'kin legend! :lol:

Anyway .... wow. What an experience. Well timed and organised without feeling rushed or anything.

I know we paid enough, but I still thanked them for doing it. They made us feel welcome and made sure we got what we wanted from it.

Oh ... the only two down points were 1) I asked Paul to sign his album “To Ross”, he said yeah sure, but didn’t :( 2)On the way out Tommy slapped my
arm and told me to enjoy the show, which would have been fine if I hadn’t just had my upper arm tattoo finished the night before! Lol!! :lol: :lol:

2010 Gigs to go:
Download
Motorhead
WWE Smackdown - ECW

People Met This Year:
Ricky Warwick
Edguy
White Wizzard
Trivium
Dave Gorman
KISS

Pete

Postby Pete » Thu May 27, 2010 2:45 pm

Pete
Image *-) $-) ACE-) 3-) Image

grunge
Peter Criss (1978)
Location: Walsall, West Of The Midlands! Official KISS ARMY Member #1010 XBox Live: Oh4Q

Postby grunge » Thu May 27, 2010 9:20 pm

Yeah, hope you're better now & thanks for posting the review mate.

*jealous* :wink:
Danger You, Danger Me, Danger Mouse!
Shock Me - Put on your black SWEATER!

ImageImageImage ImageImage

MrTufnel
KISS (1974)

Postby MrTufnel » Fri May 28, 2010 1:16 am

Thanks guys! I'm fine now. Things were just made worse by my day to day medical BS! Am cool now.

Meant to say ... we bumped in to Doc McGee on the way out of the meet and greet! Made me feel tall :D

MrTufnel
KISS (1974)

Postby MrTufnel » Fri May 28, 2010 1:24 am

2010 Gigs to go:
Download
Motorhead
WWE Smackdown - ECW

People Met This Year:
Ricky Warwick
Edguy
White Wizzard
Trivium
Dave Gorman
KISS

Alli
Dressed To Kill (1975)

Postby Alli » Fri May 28, 2010 3:35 pm

Well My husband Barry and I had Meet N Greet in Manchester, but we didnt pay M&G prices! We bought Premium Tickets (which were costly enough for us on our limited money right now!) and we were the lucky couple who got upgraded to M&G!! It was a wonderful experience, totally exciting and amazing. I cannot say enough good things about Tommy Thayer and Gene Simmons.. both were very easy to talk to, accomodating and kind. Gene asked me where I was from as I don't have a British accent.. I told him Kentucky and that it was his fault I was over here! I told him about meeting Barry on the KOL forum back in 01-02.. and he was very interested. He told me to write it down and send it in to KOL which I did and it was published in the letters recently.. (it is easier if you go read it than for me to type it all here.. I am very long winded and it would take ages..lol) Tommy was so kind and he blew me a kiss and hugged me. When we went up for our photo taken, Gene grabbed me and pulled me to his chest and started grinding against me.. LOL I didnt know what to say.. I just sort of stood there..lol Then we took a couple more pics and Gene put his arm around my neck.. lol Eric said he liked my necklace (a Star) i showed them all my pic of my baby girl Starr and they oohed and ahhed and asked her age and name etc..(they also signed the pic for me). I hugged them all and they were so lovely... Then when they came round to sign stuff.. I asked Paul for a kiss.. he said he couldn't (makeup) but blew me a kiss. it was WOW! He didnt stay long, as he likes to have time before the show.. Eric seemed peeved about something and he didnt seem all that friendly, which was a bit of a disappointment.. not rude, but not really talkative or friendly. Tommy was lovely, he chatted and was so gracious. Gene was great, I really enjoyed talking to him. He signed a poster for me and he put it over my face to sign it lol Then he bent me over to sign another one on my back.. he said no..you are too low down.. I need you up higher ;) I then yelled for a step stool! LOL All in all it was a fabulous experience.. we had front row seats on Gene's side and the show was absolutely Brilliant!!! It was a once in a lifetime experience and I will never forget it!! :D
Alli

"Thankyouthankyouverymuch..."

Bay
Best Of The Solo Albums (1979)

Postby Bay » Fri May 28, 2010 6:18 pm

ImageImageImage

acesmiddlefinger
Paul Stanley (1978)

Postby acesmiddlefinger » Sat May 29, 2010 1:14 pm

Some brilliant stories here,the obvious excitement comes across in all the M&G reviews.To all those who did a meet n greet thanks for posting,those memories will stay with you forever!!
'Who knows where we'll be in the morning,i know we're here tonight'

rockhead
Dressed To Kill (1975)

Postby rockhead » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:18 pm

Read complete report about my KISS Meet & Greet, with video & many photo's! :D

Return to “2010 Sonic Boom Over Europe Reports”