Stockholm - 01.06.2013

Please post Monster show reports here!
User avatar
AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)
Posts: 2236
Joined: Sun May 27, 2007 3:32 pm

Stockholm - 01.06.2013

Postby AxeBass » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:07 pm

Booked late due to the lack of a UK date and used Viagogo to get a sold out Golden Circle ticket. A bit expensive but very easy and no hitches.

The Friends Arena is brand new but is either badly designed or not finished because the catering and portaloo only bogs for the standing fans was a nightmare. I think badly designed because during sports event the public don't get to the floor but 50 % of fans at the gig got 1980s Donington facilities! Plus the closest station is a mile walk away through a rough estate so that was an education! The new station next to the venue opens soon.

Golden Circle was cool. Very very close and enough room that 5ft 5 Mrs AB got a perfect view. Well worth the cash.

The show was the first time I've been to the opening night of a tour so was great to not know what song was coming next. That said we knew the Psycho Circus would open as Gene had confirmed that earlier in the day at the Hard Rock Cafe (which was great to see Gene but is not the best HRC and well off pitch)

I was chuffed to bits that Let Me Go Rock n Roll was back. Enjoyed Say Yeah, God of Thunder and Heavens on Fire.

The new show went without a hitch. The spider is cool and lighting/production very very slick.

Only one problem, my indestructible hero *-) is struggling and even the volume, adrenalin and backing singers can't hide it. I'm dreading the televised show to be honest, lets hope it gets touched up. The bloke is a star but is wearing out. Those that gloat and revel in that I told you so crap can f@ck off but he really can't go on without a solution. The end is nigh if he can't sort it and that was on my mind as we left the venue which is a shame because EVERYTHING else was spot on.

I've seen kiss 20 + times but we worked out my Mrs has seen them with me 6 times in 6 different Cities ... London, LA, Boston, Prague, Milan and Stockholm ... Lucky cow!! :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)
Posts: 10026
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:50 pm
Location: MIZ ARSE, GRUMPY OLD BASTARD
Contact:

Re: Stockholm - 01.06.2013

Postby Father Jack » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:46 pm

Great post Andrew. How much did your wallet get stung for in Stockholm ? Mine is still bleeding after Copenhagen & its half the price there.
Image

User avatar
AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)
Posts: 2236
Joined: Sun May 27, 2007 3:32 pm

Re: Stockholm - 01.06.2013

Postby AxeBass » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:59 pm

Father Jack wrote:Great post Andrew. How much did your wallet get stung for in Stockholm ? Mine is still bleeding after Copenhagen & its half the price there.


Bad! When a £7 bottle of Pino Grigio is £57 and 2 vodka and tonics £25 you know you are in for a hard time however, neither of us of can remember getting back to the hotel on the first night so we didn't let it hold us back :lol:

Really nice city though and I'm glad I've seen it.

User avatar
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)
Posts: 10026
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:50 pm
Location: MIZ ARSE, GRUMPY OLD BASTARD
Contact:

Re: Stockholm - 01.06.2013

Postby Father Jack » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:52 am

Bloody hell !! :shock:
Image

User avatar
RippingFleshFromBone
Dynasty (1979)
Posts: 2689
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:02 pm
Location: Lurking somewhere in the back of my mind...

Re: Stockholm - 01.06.2013

Postby RippingFleshFromBone » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:05 pm

AxeBass wrote:Only one problem, my indestructible hero *-) is struggling and even the volume, adrenalin and backing singers can't hide it. I'm dreading the televised show to be honest, lets hope it gets touched up. The bloke is a star but is wearing out. Those that gloat and revel in that I told you so crap can f@ck off but he really can't go on without a solution. The end is nigh if he can't sort it and that was on my mind as we left the venue which is a shame because EVERYTHING else was spot on.

I'm saying NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
ACK!...It's Rock 'n' Roll!!

Image

User avatar
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)
Posts: 10026
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:50 pm
Location: MIZ ARSE, GRUMPY OLD BASTARD
Contact:

Re: Stockholm - 01.06.2013

Postby Father Jack » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:52 pm

You can't really knock Paul. Who else could have given so much entertainment to so many people for such a long time ?
We all know his voice is deteriorating and at times its not great, but just stop & think for a minute that he knows this too & is more obviously awarre of this fact than any of us are. And for all the bitching and bleating that kiss fans do about various pointless issues such as Eric & Tommy wearing make up that is owned by the band & not the wasters who created it & Paul's vocal issues, he's still willing to put on a better show than any other front man alive so you can still get to see your favourite band.
Just remember that when he announces the band's retirement and you never get to see the spectacle that is a kiss concert again !
Image

User avatar
neilramone
Destroyer (1976)
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:57 pm
Location: L.A. (Leicester Area!)

Re: Stockholm - 01.06.2013

Postby neilramone » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:29 pm

Father Jack wrote:You can't really knock Paul. Who else could have given so much entertainment to so many people for such a long time ?
We all know his voice is deteriorating and at times its not great, but just stop & think for a minute that he knows this too & is more obviously awarre of this fact than any of us are. And for all the bitching and bleating that kiss fans do about various pointless issues such as Eric & Tommy wearing make up that is owned by the band & not the wasters who created it & Paul's vocal issues, he's still willing to put on a better show than any other front man alive so you can still get to see your favourite band.
Just remember that when he announces the band's retirement and you never get to see the spectacle that is a kiss concert again !


Well said Sir!!!. *-)
_______________________________________
Rolling numbers,Rock and Rolling,
Got my Kiss records out, Surrender,Surrender.


Return to “2013 Monster Tour Reports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest