Ticket Justice

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
skinnymartin

Ticket Justice

Post by skinnymartin »

Just to show that I haven't forgotten I thought I would let you know. That. Ticket. Justice will be up and running in a month campaigning on 3 issues. The behaviour of Ticketmaster et al, cost of festivals in uk - citing the cost of Sonisphere tickets as the reason for its cancellation, and electronic touting.

Twitter, online petitions, fb to support an hopefully a few people with reasonable profiles who will support it.
Martin Curtis BA (Hons) ELL (Open)
(status accurate from 3 August 2010)

A world without heroes
Is like a world without sun
You can't look up to anyone
Without heroes
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Re: Ticket Justice

Post by Father Jack »

Well done Martin
Sour Mash
Unmasked (1980)

Post by Sour Mash »

well done Martin....BTW did you ever kill vampires before becoming a Politician..??

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Eo766iZZ0c[/youtube]
IAN

http://kissoffline2012.forumotion.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dont Take Shit from anyone...ever....
Gene Simmons 1984..
Pete

Post by Pete »

skinnymartin wrote:Just to show that I haven't forgotten I thought I would let you know. That. Ticket. Justice will be up and running in a month campaigning on 3 issues. The behaviour of Ticketmaster et al, cost of festivals in uk - citing the cost of Sonisphere tickets as the reason for its cancellation, and electronic touting.

Twitter, online petitions, fb to support an hopefully a few people with reasonable profiles who will support it.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKUOB8MN4Kc[/youtube]
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Gojira1975
Gene Simmons (1978)

Post by Gojira1975 »

Good stuff. And even though it's a bit of a bind, the ticketing system used for the upcoming Forum show seems to be working as it should.
DEATH TO FALSE METAL
RippingFleshFromBone
Dynasty (1979)

Post by RippingFleshFromBone »

Gojira1975 wrote:Good stuff. And even though it's a bit of a bind, the ticketing system used for the upcoming Forum show seems to be working as it should.
It isn't so much the system that people are complaining about...it's the charges ticket agents add on and all the other fees also.

I can't see this system for entry into the gig being adopted for all shows as can you imagine how long it would take to check 10000+ ID's for an arena show? Much easier to scan ticket and in you go.

But Kudo's to SkinnyM for taking this up cos I'm sick of paying stupid fees for tickets. When the fees are an extra 20-25% of the actual ticket price its gone too far. I have actually NOT bought tickets for bands cos the fees just put me off.
ACK!...It's Rock 'n' Roll!!

skinnymartin

Post by skinnymartin »

RippingFleshFromBone wrote:
Gojira1975 wrote:Good stuff. And even though it's a bit of a bind, the ticketing system used for the upcoming Forum show seems to be working as it should.
It isn't so much the system that people are complaining about...it's the charges ticket agents add on and all the other fees also.

I can't see this system for entry into the gig being adopted for all shows as can you imagine how long it would take to check 10000+ ID's for an arena show? Much easier to scan ticket and in you go.

But Kudo's to SkinnyM for taking this up cos I'm sick of paying stupid fees for tickets. When the fees are an extra 20-25% of the actual ticket price its gone too far. I have actually NOT bought tickets for bands cos the fees just put me off.
Thanks for this. You've reminded me of an area I've missed.

A world without heroes
Without heroes
crad
Creatures Of The Night (1982)

Post by crad »

Well done sir for Highlighting this within the parliamentarian fraternity,But i can't see anything changing,With the amount of money made from Tickets etc Tax,Revenue etc it ain't going to go away,if anything it will get worse.
One thing that does need changing thou is Ticketbarsteward selling tickets on there website called get me in .... now that is a rip off.....Also how can they charge you £2.95 to print your own ticket :evil:
I'm behind you all the way on this martin hopefully something may change .
If offended please feel free to report me to your nearest MOD
Downy
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Downy »

Martin you have my full support. :D
Thayer 08

Post by Thayer 08 »

While the charges are too much you have to remember that a part of the blame is the venues. To cut costs many use agents to sell their tickets rather than run a box office. These ticket agents don't do this as an act of charity so expect to be paid. Hence the booking fee. As you would expect this administration charge is levied on both real and virtual tickets as you're paying for a service from the agent. The whole escalating charges need to be addressed but they won't go away.
Just play the bass you bell-end!!
RippingFleshFromBone
Dynasty (1979)

Post by RippingFleshFromBone »

Thayer 08 wrote:While the charges are too much you have to remember that a part of the blame is the venues. To cut costs many use agents to sell their tickets rather than run a box office. These ticket agents don't do this as an act of charity so expect to be paid. Hence the booking fee. As you would expect this administration charge is levied on both real and virtual tickets as you're paying for a service from the agent. The whole escalating charges need to be addressed but they won't go away.
Totally agree. Ticket agents are here to stay, but that does not mean they should be allowed to charge whatever they want. Why do the fees change depending on the artist? Surely they should charge the same fee for any show as it doesn't cost them anymore? It's the same procedure whether it's a ticket for some new band or some long established artist. Case in point, apparently the fees for Madonnas lastest tour were something like £15, just the fees! And there is the old chestnut of why when you buy multiple tickets do you get charged fees for each ticket? It's still one transaction. It's just a rip off.

Personally, while I still would prefer to be able to pay good hard cash at the box office, I think a maximum of £2.00 fees per transaction is enough. And postage costs should be no more than it costs to mail out the ticket with a small handling fee, so if it going recorded delivery you'd expect no more than £1.75, not the £4.75 I've had to pay before and if normal 1st class £1.10 or in that region. Should you print the ticket off your self that should be either free or a very minimal fee, not £2.95!!!!... :shock:

It's just got out of hand, it needs to be addressed, they need to be realed in and held to account.

I also believe EVERY ticket agent should be forced by law to advertise in advance what tickets they have for sale. Every ticket agent can't have been allocated the best seats and before you log on to buy you should KNOW what tickets you will be offered. They should also have a web site that lets you choose your seat also. Seriously, would you walk into a shop, hand over your money and say "just give me what you think is best for me?" Cos that's what ticket agents do.
ACK!...It's Rock 'n' Roll!!

skinnymartin

Post by skinnymartin »

just so you know.

Stephen Hill is one of the guys who has offered support and promotion:

http://stephenhillcomedy.wordpress.com/

He has been really top so far in giving me his thoughts and ways he and his contacts could promote.

the important thing with something like this is momentum - he could really help to deliver that.

A world without heroes
Without heroes
Gojira1975
Gene Simmons (1978)

Post by Gojira1975 »

Downy wrote:Martin you have my full support. :D
Mine too!
DEATH TO FALSE METAL
crad
Creatures Of The Night (1982)

Post by crad »

Just think, if this ends up like the PPI Rip off :shock:
We would be owed Millions lol
If offended please feel free to report me to your nearest MOD
skinnymartin

Post by skinnymartin »

DOmain name registerd, talented daughter designing logo.

I have also created a Twitter account: @ticketjusticeUK.

Please follow, and do everything you can to promote it.

A world without heroes
Without heroes