R.I.P Clive Burr

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
Pete

R.I.P Clive Burr

Post by Pete »

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news ... burr-dies/
Iron Maiden issued the following statement on their website:
“We are deeply saddened to report that Clive Burr passed away last night (March 12). He had suffered poor health for many years after being diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis and died peacefully in his sleep at home.”

Bassist Steve Harris said: “This is terribly sad news. Clive was a very old friend of all of us. He was a wonderful person and an amazing drummer who made a valuable contribution to Maiden in the early days when we were starting out. This is a sad day for everyone in the band and those around him and our thoughts and condolences are with his partner Mimi and family at this time.”

Frontman Bruce Dickinson added: “I first met Clive when he was leaving Samson and joining Iron Maiden. He was a great guy and a man who really lived his life to the full. Even during the darkest days of his M.S., Clive never lost his sense of humour or irreverence. This is a terribly sad day and all our thoughts are with Mimi and the family”

Burr joined Maiden in 1979 and performed on the first three albums Iron Maiden (1980), Killers (1981) and The Number Of The Beast (1982). Prior to that he was a member of Samson, the band Bruce fronted before he too joined Maiden.
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
The Collector
Alive II (1977)

Former IRON MAIDEN Drummer CLIVE BURR Passes Away

Post by The Collector »

Very sad news..

From IRON MAIDEN:

We are deeply saddened to report that Clive Burr passed away last night. He had suffered poor health for many years after being diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis and died peacefully in his sleep at home.

Steve Harris said “This is terribly sad news. Clive was a very old friend of all of us. He was a wonderful person and an amazing drummer who made a valuable contribution to Maiden in the early days when we were starting out. This is a sad day for everyone in the band and those around him and our thoughts and condolences are with his partner Mimi and family at this time."

Bruce Dickinson adds “I first met Clive when he was leaving Samson and joining Iron Maiden. He was a great guy and a man who really lived his life to the full. Even during the darkest days of his M.S., Clive never lost his sense of humour or irreverence. This is a terribly sad day and all our thoughts are with Mimi and the family” As Maiden fans all know, Clive joined Maiden in 1979 and performed on the first three albums Iron Maiden (1980), Killers (1981) and The Number Of The Beast (1982). Prior to that he was a member of SAMSON, the band Bruce fronted before he too joined Maiden.

http://knac.com/article.asp?ArticleID=9334
starchildmark
Music From "The Elder" (1981)

Re: R.I.P Clive Burr

Post by starchildmark »

very sad news RIP
Pete

Re: Former IRON MAIDEN Drummer CLIVE BURR Passes Away

Post by Pete »

The Collector wrote:Very sad news..

From IRON MAIDEN:

We are deeply saddened to report that Clive Burr passed away last night. He had suffered poor health for many years after being diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis and died peacefully in his sleep at home.

Steve Harris said “This is terribly sad news. Clive was a very old friend of all of us. He was a wonderful person and an amazing drummer who made a valuable contribution to Maiden in the early days when we were starting out. This is a sad day for everyone in the band and those around him and our thoughts and condolences are with his partner Mimi and family at this time."

Bruce Dickinson adds “I first met Clive when he was leaving Samson and joining Iron Maiden. He was a great guy and a man who really lived his life to the full. Even during the darkest days of his M.S., Clive never lost his sense of humour or irreverence. This is a terribly sad day and all our thoughts are with Mimi and the family” As Maiden fans all know, Clive joined Maiden in 1979 and performed on the first three albums Iron Maiden (1980), Killers (1981) and The Number Of The Beast (1982). Prior to that he was a member of SAMSON, the band Bruce fronted before he too joined Maiden.

You must've posted the same time I did... (threads now merged)
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
The Collector
Alive II (1977)

Re: Former IRON MAIDEN Drummer CLIVE BURR Passes Away

Post by The Collector »

Pete wrote:
The Collector wrote:Very sad news..

From IRON MAIDEN:

You must've posted the same time I did... (threads now merged)
Yep. No worries about merging the threads..

I knew Clive had MS, but I never knew it was so bad.. Still quite a shock.. Another member of our favourite bands passed on.. Makes you wonder why some artists and bands have silly feuds, that means nothing on the bigger scale.. Clive, RIP mate.
Ma
Gene Simmons (1978)

Post by Ma »

Very sad :cry:
crad
Creatures Of The Night (1982)

Post by crad »

Another Great Loss Indeed Met him Years ago very nice chap. :(
If offended please feel free to report me to your nearest MOD
fried alive
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by fried alive »

RIP
madmark
Double Platinum (1978)

Post by madmark »

Sad News. :(
Ziggy played guitar...or was it Ronson?
Kev

Post by Kev »

Very sad news, R.I.P.

You will never beat a bit of Maiden.
ImageImageImageImage

(only my opinion,in no way am i insulting you....statement copyright of plugtwot)
tasker
Dressed To Kill (1975)

Post by tasker »

Very sad loss of a talented man :cry:
kissengland
The Originals (1976)

Post by kissengland »

Have to agree with everyone else, it's very sad news.
I knew Clive was ill but didn't realise how far his MS had gone.

Clive - Rest In Peace x
Give Me Measures Of Pleasure And Pain, Boiling The Blood In My Veins
Dan bach
Animalize (1984)

Post by Dan bach »

WOW my first Maiden drummer live.

His work on the Maiden trio of albums and the Desperado project (with Dee Snider and Bernie Torme) is excellent.
Charlie Benante mentions being very inspired by Burr's drumming on the KIllers album.

Clive Burr - tragedy,

His name was mentioned a few times at Hammerfest 2013 - this weekend just gone.