highvoltage1969
The Originals II (1978)

JEFF HANNEMAN

Post by highvoltage1969 »

Pete

Jeff Hanneman. R.I.P

Post by Pete »

Do you work for a tabloid newspaper by any chance? :wink:

It’s with true sadness that we report that legendary Slayer guitarist Jeff Hanneman has died at the age of 49. The tragic news was confirmed by a press release issued moments ago.

Hanneman passed away today, May 2, at 11AM PST this morning in his Southern California home. The iconic Slayer shredder had been forced to abandon Slayer’s live dates after contracting necrotizing fasciitis in 2011, most likely from a spider bite. However, necrotizing fasciitis has not been named as the official cause of Hanneman’s death. The guitarist’s passing has been attributed to liver failure in an official press release sent out by Slayer’s publicist.

The official press release reads:

Slayer is devastated to inform that their bandmate and brother, Jeff Hanneman, passed away at about 11AM this morning near his Southern California home. Hanneman was in an area hospital when he suffered liver failure. He is survived by his wife Kathy, his sister Kathy and his brothers Michael and Larry, and will be sorely missed.
We’re truly devastated by the passing of Jeff Hanneman, one of metal’s all-time greatest guitarists. Hanneman, the composer of ‘Angel of Death,’ ‘Raining Blood’ and dozens of other Slayer classics, will be missed by millions of metalheads worldwide. We’d like to extend our thoughts and prayers to the family and friends of Jeff Hanneman, along with his brothers in Slayer.

Rest in peace, Jeff. You were one of the greatest of all time. You will never be forgotten.
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Frehley75

Re: JEFF HANNERMAN DEATH FROM SPIDER BITE!

Post by Frehley75 »

METAL fuc*ing GODHEAD.
"Hi, I'm Rich Pelley. I'm on the guest list."

"Awopbopaloobop Alopbamboom"
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Too young.
frontier(s)
Alive II (1977)

Post by frontier(s) »

A true legend.
highvoltage1969
The Originals II (1978)

Re: Jeff Hanneman. R.I.P

Pete wrote:Do you work for a tabloid newspaper by any chance? :wink:

It’s with true sadness that we report that legendary Slayer guitarist Jeff Hanneman has died at the age of 49. The tragic news was confirmed by a press release issued moments ago.

Hanneman passed away today, May 2, at 11AM PST this morning in his Southern California home. The iconic Slayer shredder had been forced to abandon Slayer’s live dates after contracting necrotizing fasciitis in 2011, most likely from a spider bite. However, necrotizing fasciitis has not been named as the official cause of Hanneman’s death. The guitarist’s passing has been attributed to liver failure in an official press release sent out by Slayer’s publicist.

The official press release reads:

Slayer is devastated to inform that their bandmate and brother, Jeff Hanneman, passed away at about 11AM this morning near his Southern California home. Hanneman was in an area hospital when he suffered liver failure. He is survived by his wife Kathy, his sister Kathy and his brothers Michael and Larry, and will be sorely missed.
We’re truly devastated by the passing of Jeff Hanneman, one of metal’s all-time greatest guitarists. Hanneman, the composer of ‘Angel of Death,’ ‘Raining Blood’ and dozens of other Slayer classics, will be missed by millions of metalheads worldwide. We’d like to extend our thoughts and prayers to the family and friends of Jeff Hanneman, along with his brothers in Slayer.

Rest in peace, Jeff. You were one of the greatest of all time. You will never be forgotten.

Ha! Yes, I mean No! Joking aside, a tragic story.
madmark
Double Platinum (1978)

Post by madmark »

You've misspelt Jeffs surname....I saw Slayer at the Marquee club in London ... their 1st ever British show... met them afterwards ,saw them about 5-6 times between 85 and 87 the on and off for the next couple of years.....one of the heaviest bands ever...A lot has been said about Jeff and his stickers on his guitar.. (early days) .. look at the photos to see what I mean.. He was like Lemmy... he wasn't interested in that stuff , he liked the shock value.. I saw them in Dusseldorf in 1991 or 2 ,that was the last time... they got tooo big for me.. but the Marquee gig was an atom splitter... i'd seen Metallica twice at the Marquee by then and the Lyceum....but Slayer blew them away everytime....I know a lot of people on this forum aren't really into thrash ..but Slayer were a brutally powerful band ,and when I met them ,decent guys..Jeff was 49 years old , it's nothing really is it? I'll be 49 in 2 weeks time...I'm crying.... :cry:
Ziggy played guitar...or was it Ronson?
highvoltage1969
The Originals II (1978)

madmark wrote:You've misspelt Jeffs surname....I saw Slayer at the Marquee club in London ... their 1st ever British show... met them afterwards ,saw them about 5-6 times between 85 and 87 the on and off for the next couple of years.....one of the heaviest bands ever...A lot has been said about Jeff and his stickers on his guitar.. (early days) .. look at the photos to see what I mean.. He was like Lemmy... he wasn't interested in that stuff , he liked the shock value.. I saw them in Dusseldorf in 1991 or 2 ,that was the last time... they got tooo big for me.. but the Marquee gig was an atom splitter... i'd seen Metallica twice at the Marquee by then and the Lyceum....but Slayer blew them away everytime....I know a lot of people on this forum aren't really into thrash ..but Slayer were a brutally powerful band ,and when I met them ,decent guys..Jeff was 49 years old , it's nothing really is it? I'll be 49 in 2 weeks time...I'm crying.... :cry:
Really? That's how it appears on the bands website. I grew up listening to Slayer, my brother and friends were enormous fans. Mostly too brutal for me except the South Of Heaven LP which I still listen to now and again.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI4e4RDhUwo[/youtube]
madmark
Double Platinum (1978)

Re: JEFF HANNEMAN DEATH FROM SPIDER BITE!

Post by madmark »

High voltage 69... when you say really ..what do you mean? Jeffs surname...? Look again......Hanneman...BUT...thanks for putting this on the forum..
madmark
Double Platinum (1978)

Post by madmark »

Now I see there are 2 spellings on this thread! I can promise you it's Hanneman... :roll:
highvoltage1969
The Originals II (1978)

madmark wrote:Now I see there are 2 spellings on this thread! I can promise you it's Hanneman... :roll:
Oh, yeah, my mistake. :oops:
highvoltage1969
The Originals II (1978)

Actually, maybe not, how did his name change in the thread title half way through? :shock:
frontier(s)
Alive II (1977)

Post by frontier(s) »

He also didn't die from a spider bite.
madmark
Double Platinum (1978)

Post by madmark »

frontier(s) wrote:He also didn't die from a spider bite.
Maybe not , but if you get a bite so bad that the skin starts to rot and a doctor says that you may have to have your arm amputated..AND you are a guitarist , which is your livelihood ..you to may take the news badly enough to take to drinking more than we should and end up with liver failure .
frontier(s)
Alive II (1977)

Post by frontier(s) »

DEATH FROM SPIDER BITE!

Is sensationalist nonsense. It's not true.