Birmingham - ideas on what to do there for a day

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
jaymze
Destroyer (1976)

Birmingham - ideas on what to do there for a day

Post by jaymze »

Hey folks!

I'm going to Birmingham in a few weeks to attend a course over a weekend. I get there a day early and am looking for ideas on what to do on my free day before the course. I've never been there before and really don't know anything about the city -besides the fact that its the birth place of Heavy Metal!

Any suggestions on what to do there for a day would be greatly appreciated. Especially anything 'Metal connected. I'll be on my own and intend on remaining in the city centre. Any ideas or local knowledge would be greatly appreciated -especially about rock pubs!
KISS Wembley Arena 1999
KISS Islington Academy 2010
KISS Dublin O2 Arena 2010
KISS Glasgow SECC 2010
Pete

Re: Birmingham - ideas on what to do there for a day

Post by Pete »

jaymze wrote:Hey folks!

I'm going to Birmingham in a few weeks to attend a course over a weekend. I get there a day early and am looking for ideas on what to do on my free day before the course. I've never been there before and really don't know anything about the city -besides the fact that its the birth place of Heavy Metal!

Any suggestions on what to do there for a day would be greatly appreciated. Especially anything 'Metal connected. I'll be on my own and intend on remaining in the city centre. Any ideas or local knowledge would be greatly appreciated -especially about rock pubs!
Can you get to the NEC???
http://www.thenec.co.uk/whatson/
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
jaymze
Destroyer (1976)

Post by jaymze »

Pete wrote:Can you get to the NEC???
http://www.thenec.co.uk/whatson/
Yeah, I think so.
Is it worth a visit? -besides just standing outside and shouting "Scream for me Birmingham!!" :-)
KISS Wembley Arena 1999
KISS Islington Academy 2010
KISS Dublin O2 Arena 2010
KISS Glasgow SECC 2010
madmark
Double Platinum (1978)

Post by madmark »

I'd love to see the reaction to that... especially if you stand there by yourself!!
Ziggy played guitar...or was it Ronson?
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Get in your car, drive onto the A38M and continue until you hit the M6 :lol:
Or you can go see Dressed To Kill & Gallus Cooper on Fri 30 May at The Robin2 in Bilston. Its only about 20 minutes up the M6
Kev

Post by Kev »

Visit Small Heath :D
ImageImageImageImage

(only my opinion,in no way am i insulting you....statement copyright of plugtwot)
TONYSOUTH
Alive II (1977)

Post by TONYSOUTH »

Kev wrote:

Visit Small Heath :D
WHAT :shock: You would not need much money :wink:
This is only my opinion… it is neither right nor wrong (but my lovely wife tells me I'm always wrong)!

crad
Creatures Of The Night (1982)

Post by crad »

If offended please feel free to report me to your nearest MOD