AC/DC told to stop touring for the sake of Brian's hearing...

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
Pete

AC/DC told to stop touring for the sake of Brian's hearing...

Post by Pete »

http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news/20 ... aring-loss

Hope he's ok. This must be the end of AC/DC though?
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
crad
Creatures Of The Night (1982)

Re: AC/DC told to stop touring for the sake of Brian's hearing...

Post by crad »

Hearing was damaged due to his car racing,Not wearing ear plugs..
If offended please feel free to report me to your nearest MOD
Pete

Post by Pete »

crad wrote:Hearing was damaged due to his car racing,Not wearing ear plugs..
Either way it's a great shame how AC/DC appear to have come to an end (Are you going to be happy having paid £85 to see guest singers?).
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
crad

Post by crad »

Don't mind tbh it's a day out.. with Beer... :lol:
Pete

Post by Pete »

crad wrote:Don't mind tbh it's a day out.. with Beer... :lol:
With watered down overpriced shite beer!!!

This is interesting...
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/brian-jo ... d-to-curb/
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Sour Mash
Unmasked (1980)

Post by Sour Mash »

Im certain when Brian opened hi heart about being kicked to the curb to a "friend" ,he wasnt intending it to be spread all over the internet...very low
IAN

http://kissoffline2012.forumotion.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dont Take Shit from anyone...ever....
Gene Simmons 1984..
Kev

Post by Kev »

If its half the fun we had at Wembley last year mate it will be well worth waiting for.
Bring on the expensive watered down beer . :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImageImage

(only my opinion,in no way am i insulting you....statement copyright of plugtwot)
Pete

Post by Pete »

Saw this on the FAQ.
More speculation:

A source close to AC/DC has confirmed comedian Jim Breuer’s recent allegation (later retracted) that the band have parted ways (kicked to the curb) with long time singer Brian Johnson under dubious circumstances.

“Everything Mr. Breuer originally said is basically the truth, in a roundabout way,” said the source.

The informant, speaking out only under the condition of anonymity, says it’s his loyalty to Brian Johnson as to why he’s risking his job by speaking out. “Jonna’s [Brian] a fab guy and has been treated like shit. He does have hearing issues but not as serious as they’re saying. This was just an excuse to fire the guy, basically.”

The insider denied claims that Krokus singer Marc Storace was contacted by the band’s record label to possibly replace Johnson. “No, Marc was never considered for the gig or contacted by management.” The band is reportedly holed up in a secret location, auditioning singers to finish the remaining U.S. tour dates and beyond.

The source said lead guitarist (and sole remaining original member) Angus Young has narrowed the search down to two or three guys, all relative unknowns outside of their respective countries, putting to rest rumors of a possible mashup of classic rock royalty. “They’re not well known names. The band never considered any big name vocalists to replace Brian. I think they wanted to find a fresh new talent.”

“The plan is to decide on the singer within the next couple of weeks, maybe sooner, reschedule the tour and get back out on the road as if nothing’s happened.” Asked if the band plans on retiring after the tour, the informant is confident the band will carry on. “No, no, part of this audition process has been working on new song ideas. I think Angus wants to get back in the studio after a much shorter break this time. It’s no longer a band anymore but a brand, similar to KISS I suppose, which is a bit nauseating honestly.”

While casual fans will be happy to learn the band has no plans on slowing down, die-hard AC/DC fans are saying they would rather see the group go out on a high note, rather than tarnish their legacy by employing a karaoke singer. “It’s been hard enough losing Malcolm Young and Phil Rudd,” says AC/DC fanatic Steve Wilkinson, “now to see Brian go, well, how can you even call yourself AC/DC anymore? I don’t want to see them playing county fairs like Lynyrd Skynyrd, that would be pathetic.”

Johnson replaced original AC/DC frontman Bon Scott back in 1980, and later that year released one of the biggest selling albums of all-time, Back in Black. AC/DC was formed in Sydney, Australia, in 1973 by brothers Angus and Malcolm Young and have sold over 200 million albums worldwide.
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
crad

Post by crad »

Kev wrote:
If its half the fun we had at Wembley last year mate it will be well worth waiting for.
Bring on the expensive watered down beer . :lol: :lol:
Defo mate & this time I won't be driving.. Lol
crad

Post by crad »

Pete wrote:Saw this on the FAQ.
More speculation:

A source close to AC/DC has confirmed comedian Jim Breuer’s recent allegation (later retracted) that the band have parted ways (kicked to the curb) with long time singer Brian Johnson under dubious circumstances.

“Everything Mr. Breuer originally said is basically the truth, in a roundabout way,” said the source.

The informant, speaking out only under the condition of anonymity, says it’s his loyalty to Brian Johnson as to why he’s risking his job by speaking out. “Jonna’s [Brian] a fab guy and has been treated like shit. He does have hearing issues but not as serious as they’re saying. This was just an excuse to fire the guy, basically.”

The insider denied claims that Krokus singer Marc Storace was contacted by the band’s record label to possibly replace Johnson. “No, Marc was never considered for the gig or contacted by management.” The band is reportedly holed up in a secret location, auditioning singers to finish the remaining U.S. tour dates and beyond.

The source said lead guitarist (and sole remaining original member) Angus Young has narrowed the search down to two or three guys, all relative unknowns outside of their respective countries, putting to rest rumors of a possible mashup of classic rock royalty. “They’re not well known names. The band never considered any big name vocalists to replace Brian. I think they wanted to find a fresh new talent.”

“The plan is to decide on the singer within the next couple of weeks, maybe sooner, reschedule the tour and get back out on the road as if nothing’s happened.” Asked if the band plans on retiring after the tour, the informant is confident the band will carry on. “No, no, part of this audition process has been working on new song ideas. I think Angus wants to get back in the studio after a much shorter break this time. It’s no longer a band anymore but a brand, similar to KISS I suppose, which is a bit nauseating honestly.”

While casual fans will be happy to learn the band has no plans on slowing down, die-hard AC/DC fans are saying they would rather see the group go out on a high note, rather than tarnish their legacy by employing a karaoke singer. “It’s been hard enough losing Malcolm Young and Phil Rudd,” says AC/DC fanatic Steve Wilkinson, “now to see Brian go, well, how can you even call yourself AC/DC anymore? I don’t want to see them playing county fairs like Lynyrd Skynyrd, that would be pathetic.”

Johnson replaced original AC/DC frontman Bon Scott back in 1980, and later that year released one of the biggest selling albums of all-time, Back in Black. AC/DC was formed in Sydney, Australia, in 1973 by brothers Angus and Malcolm Young and have sold over 200 million albums worldwide.
More Bullshit....
If Brian is fit & well he will be in Scumchester..
Pete

Post by Pete »

Agreed that this may all be BS and and until Angus/Brian make a comment publicly it remains nothing more than rumour.

However theres no smoke without fire and something is definintely going on within the AC/DC Camp.
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
crad

Post by crad »

Seen a couple of stories today, Regarding
Axel Rose stepping in to cover for Brian.. He hasn't paid enough Dues to sing with AC/DC..
Rock on Roll suicide if this Happens..
Pete

Post by Pete »

crad wrote:Seen a couple of stories today, Regarding
Axel Rose stepping in to cover for Brian.. He hasn't paid enough Dues to sing with AC/DC..
Now that must be bullshit!!!
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Kev

Post by Kev »

crad wrote:Seen a couple of stories today, Regarding
They would have to rename, ASSHOLE/DC !
ImageImageImageImage

(only my opinion,in no way am i insulting you....statement copyright of plugtwot)
Kev

Post by Kev »

Have a drink on me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ImageImageImageImage