1st track from Chinese Democracy to be released...

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
Dwight Fry
Ace Frehley (1978)

1st track from Chinese Democracy to be released...

Post by Dwight Fry »

From the BBC;

Roses track to get game release

The first official track to be taken from Guns N' Roses' new album will be released through video game Rock Band 2, it has been announced.

Shackler's Revenge, taken from the long-awaited album Chinese Democracy, will feature on the game, to be launched in the US in September.

Bob Dylan's Tangled Up In Blue will also appear.

It is the second version of the game in which competitors play along to songs with instrument controllers.

A release date for the new album from Guns N' Roses - who no longer feature original guitarist Slash - has yet to be announced.

The band's last album The Spaghetti Incident? was released in 1993.

Joint venture

Rock Band 2 will feature 100 songs all taken from master recordings of the songs of major artists.

We are honoured that such legendary artists as AC/DC, Guns N' Roses, Bob Dylan and more have chosen Rock Band 2 as a new platform for fans

Paul DeGooyer
MTV Games

As well as the Guns N' Roses and Bob Dylan tracks, the game will also include Let There Be Rock by AC/DC and The Who's Pinball Wizard.

Further tracks will be available for download.

The game is a joint venture between video game companies Harmonix, Electronic Arts and MTV Games.

Paul DeGooyer, of MTV Games, said: "We are honoured that such legendary artists as AC/DC, Guns N' Roses, Bob Dylan and more have chosen Rock Band 2 as a new platform for fans to experience their music."

In the UK, the original Rock Band game is only available on the Xbox 360.

It will be released for the Wii and the Playstation 3 in the UK later in the year.

Bob Dylan's decision to embrace new technology by licensing a track to the game will raise eyebrows in some quarters.

He was criticised by some fans as "a Judas" when he first performed with electric guitars in 1966.
Pete

Re: 1st track from Chinese Democracy to be released...

Post by Pete »

Dwight Fry wrote:From the BBC;

Roses track to get game release

The first official track to be taken from Guns N' Roses' new album will be released through video game Rock Band 2, it has been announced.

Shackler's Revenge, taken from the long-awaited album Chinese Democracy, will feature on the game, to be launched in the US in September.

Bob Dylan's Tangled Up In Blue will also appear.

It is the second version of the game in which competitors play along to songs with instrument controllers.

A release date for the new album from Guns N' Roses - who no longer feature original guitarist Slash - has yet to be announced.

The band's last album The Spaghetti Incident? was released in 1993.

Joint venture

Rock Band 2 will feature 100 songs all taken from master recordings of the songs of major artists.

We are honoured that such legendary artists as AC/DC, Guns N' Roses, Bob Dylan and more have chosen Rock Band 2 as a new platform for fans

Paul DeGooyer
MTV Games

As well as the Guns N' Roses and Bob Dylan tracks, the game will also include Let There Be Rock by AC/DC and The Who's Pinball Wizard.

Further tracks will be available for download.

The game is a joint venture between video game companies Harmonix, Electronic Arts and MTV Games.

Paul DeGooyer, of MTV Games, said: "We are honoured that such legendary artists as AC/DC, Guns N' Roses, Bob Dylan and more have chosen Rock Band 2 as a new platform for fans to experience their music."

In the UK, the original Rock Band game is only available on the Xbox 360.

It will be released for the Wii and the Playstation 3 in the UK later in the year.

Bob Dylan's decision to embrace new technology by licensing a track to the game will raise eyebrows in some quarters.

He was criticised by some fans as "a Judas" when he first performed with electric guitars in 1966.
That'll be the only way anyhting of this record is officially released... :)

:idea:
Kiss should record an albums worth of material and release it this way too!!!Hell! They could even do a Rock Star like Aerosmith have just done....
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Dan bach
Animalize (1984)

Post by Dan bach »

pmsl as I type this .....

"Am I bovvered"!
Spooky_Von_Glitter
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Spooky_Von_Glitter »

yawn. couldnt give a monkeys about C.D anymore... lol.

Agreed though, tis the only way its getting a release.
Derp de derp de diddly derp!
Frehley75

Post by Frehley75 »

Didn't read any of that, just thought "So what?".
"Hi, I'm Rich Pelley. I'm on the guest list."

"Awopbopaloobop Alopbamboom"
raydeen
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by raydeen »

The title has now been changed to "Cheese Democracy" seeing as the phrase "Chinese Democracy" has now entered into the English lexicon as a term for something promised but never delivered.

Example:

Dude: "Hey Man, you get very far with that chick I saw you with the other night?"

Man: "Nah, Dude, she went all Chinese Democracy (or 'CD' for short.) on me once we got back to my place."

Dude: "Bummer, Man."
The quality goes in before the name goes on.
PyroMessiah86

Post by PyroMessiah86 »

raydeen wrote:The title has now been changed to "Cheese Democracy" seeing as the phrase "Chinese Democracy" has now entered into the English lexicon as a term for something promised but never delivered.

Example:

Dude: "Hey Man, you get very far with that chick I saw you with the other night?"

Man: "Nah, Dude, she went all Chinese Democracy (or 'CD' for short.) on me once we got back to my place."

:lol: :lol: :lol:
raydeen
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by raydeen »

Pete wrote: :idea:
Kiss should record an albums worth of material and release it this way too!!!Hell! They could even do a Rock Star like Aerosmith have just done....

4 words: Guitar Hero: Ace Frehley.
If only he hadn't relinquished the rights to his makeup...and the little matter of song copyrights and so forth...

Since KISS always seem to hop on the bandwagon du jour long after it's under way ("Did Bon Jovi do that?","CoS","Unplugged", "Symphony", etc...), I expect this to happen about 3-5 years from now. New tunes are out of the question, though. There'll be a lavish launch party and Gene and Paul will do interviews and gush about how innovative and cutting-edge they are and how happy they are to have John Corabi playing drums on all 4 dates of the '40th Anniversary Tour'. Each game will include a free 2oz. bottle of 'KISS Him' or 'KISS Her' fragrance which will be advertised on the box with the slogan "FREE VINTAGE KISS COLLECTIBLE INSIDE!" Later editions will include a randomly-chosen "Farewell Tour" 'city' guitar pick as an incentive. Naturally, a special "Amphitheater Edition" (Arenas won't be an option at this point.) of the video game will be sold at the shows for $150 above retail. It will include a 'Destroyer' pick-guard as opposed to the 'Solo Faces' one the standard edition comes with.
Scottish_Connection
Double Platinum (1978)

Post by Scottish_Connection »

raydeen wrote:
Pete wrote: :idea:

4 words: Guitar Hero: Ace Frehley.
If only he hadn't relinquished the rights to his makeup...and the little matter of song copyrights and so forth...

Since KISS always seem to hop on the bandwagon du jour long after it's under way ("Did Bon Jovi do that?","CoS","Unplugged", "Symphony", etc...), I expect this to happen about 3-5 years from now. New tunes are out of the question, though. There'll be a lavish launch party and Gene and Paul will do interviews and gush about how innovative and cutting-edge they are and how happy they are to have John Corabi playing drums on all 4 dates of the '40th Anniversary Tour'. Each game will include a free 2oz. bottle of 'KISS Him' or 'KISS Her' fragrance which will be advertised on the box with the slogan "FREE VINTAGE KISS COLLECTIBLE INSIDE!" Later editions will include a randomly-chosen "Farewell Tour" 'city' guitar pick as an incentive. Naturally, a special "Amphitheater Edition" (Arenas won't be an option at this point.) of the video game will be sold at the shows for $150 above retail. It will include a 'Destroyer' pick-guard as opposed to the 'Solo Faces' one the standard edition comes with.
I can just see this happening!
17853 miles and counting - a personal Odyssey
1822 miles and counting - another Odyssey?
Downy
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Downy »

Couldnt care less if they released the whole album tomorrow to be honest.
raydeen
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by raydeen »

It was originally to be released on a Super Nintendo cartridge back in '95, wasn't it? Technology marches on while Axl vamps...
Downy
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Downy »

raydeen wrote:It was originally to be released on a Super Nintendo cartridge back in '95, wasn't it? Technology marches on while Axl vamps...

Good one! :lol:
RippingFleshFromBone
Dynasty (1979)

Post by RippingFleshFromBone »

raydeen wrote:The title has now been changed to "Cheese Democracy" seeing as the phrase "Chinese Democracy" has now entered into the English lexicon as a term for something promised but never delivered.

Example:

That is class!!
Gotta start saying that... :lol:

Anyway, don't know why Mr Rose has delayed the album for so long...he's been playin the tracks live for years...got a video from Rock In Rio from way back and there's 4 or 5 tracks from Chinese Dem on it. Some really heavy riffs...title track is brill!!!
ACK!...It's Rock 'n' Roll!!

PhoeniX PhiL
The Originals (1976)

Post by PhoeniX PhiL »

At the risk of being hunted down by the powers that be... I've heard a fair few supposed leaked songs from the album... it's more of an Axl solo album soundwise but it's pretty damn great... the track "Catcher in the rye" sounds like Illusion era GnR and could be a huge hit if given the chance, "Better" sounds a bit dated but is hugely melodic and metallic at the same time, "The Blues" is a splendid ballad with a killer bridge with lyrics that go...

"And though as long as this road seems
I know its called the street of dreams
But that's not stardust on my feet
It leaves a taste that's bittersweet
That's called the blues"

Axl sings the stardust line over a sweet chord change and it really hooks into the brain as the song powers up to "that's called the blues" pay-off.

The title track has a simple yet killer riff that could be a classic rock intro, There Was A Time is bitter string laden swaying epic. The other tracks i've heard didnt really strike me as classic but from what i've heard theres enough to make me interested in hearing the finished product.