AIRBOURNE

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
Roger H
Best Of The Solo Albums (1979)

Re: AIRBOURNE

Post by Roger H »

plugfooty wrote:
hairychin wrote:Eh... Guys ! Who gives a flying F*** who's right and who's wrong or what band is better than the other !? :roll: The only important thing is, who's round is it ? :razz: :razz: :wink:
its a bit of banter m8 :roll:in fact i got RUNNIN WILD on now,great album...
plugfooty wrote::lol: :lol: ask woodbine about the mosh pit :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
LMFAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: W***ERS ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kev

Post by Kev »

hairychin wrote:
plugfooty wrote:
hairychin wrote:Eh... Guys ! Who gives a flying F*** who's right and who's wrong or what band is better than the other !? :roll: The only important thing is, who's round is it ? :razz: :razz: :wink:
its a bit of banter m8 :roll:in fact i got RUNNIN WILD on now,great album...
plugfooty wrote::lol: :lol: ask woodbine about the mosh pit :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
LMFAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: great reply :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImageImage

(only my opinion,in no way am i insulting you....statement copyright of plugtwot)
Roger H

Post by Roger H »

niteworker wrote:Can we have some boxing gloves at cardiff for the big fight... :?
And you can shut up as well ! Get back to your Twitching !! :lol: :lol:
Roger H

Post by Roger H »

plugfooty wrote:
hairychin wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: great reply :lol: :lol:
Thanks, I'm good with words ! :wink:
niteworker
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by niteworker »

i like bird watching !!! :D
Pete

Post by Pete »

w00dy wrote:
Pete wrote:
w00dy wrote: I agree with Plugster......the sound was fookin awful...my mate timed them,they did a cozy 57 minutes.They went off after 45 mins then came back on for encores..Personaly i think that is fookin disgusting.I think if they haven't got the material to do a proper full set then they should be a support act.
I don't think i'll be going to see them again but i'd defo go see the Stone Gods who were fookin brilliant.
So what everyone is saying then is if a band doesn't have enough material to play for over an hour then they shouldn't headline...?

Hmmm...interesting point of few for Kiss fans to have.. :wink:
Explain yourself Pete.....KISS play for 2 hours which is a good time IMO. :)

Yes but back in 1973/1974 Kiss were blowing away headline acts, being asked to play a second set, replacing the headliner etc with only one albums worth of material....

Going by the criteria above Kiss would never have made it...
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Dwight Fry
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by Dwight Fry »

Well, KISS only did 75-80 minutes on the Crazy Nights Tour after having a Top 5 hit and 14 years worth of material to choose from. This also included 3 solo spots.

Airbourne, for my hard earned money, were terrific. Can't speak for any other night of the tour, but the opening night was tremendous. I've paid a lot more for gigs, for a lot longer, and been far less entertained.

Perhaps Airbourne should have thrown in some solo spots to spread it out a bit?
Kev

Post by Kev »

ImageImage

go on then if they tour here again i will go and watch them :D
here's two pics i took ,the rest are in my camera :D
still love the debut cd :D
still LOL at me and woodster in the pit :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImageImage

(only my opinion,in no way am i insulting you....statement copyright of plugtwot)
fried alive
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by fried alive »

went last night stone gods were brill again airbourne were good but too loud
skinnymartin

Post by skinnymartin »

fried alive wrote:went last night stone gods were brill again airbourne were good but too loud
Too loud?

You're liking the wrong music :D
Martin Curtis BA (Hons) ELL (Open)
(status accurate from 3 August 2010)

A world without heroes
Is like a world without sun
You can't look up to anyone
Without heroes
fried alive
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by fried alive »

skinnymartin wrote:
fried alive wrote:went last night stone gods were brill again airbourne were good but too loud
Too loud?

You're liking the wrong music :D
no dont get me wrong i like it loud but that was too loud been seeing bands for 35yrs that must have been the loudest ever
Roger H

Post by Roger H »

It's really weird, I've seen a few comments now that it was too loud, WTF ! when I saw them in Oxford , if anything it wasn't loud enough ! :mad: Maybe it was because the venue is in a residential area and they had to tone it down a bit ?
And I agree with Skinnymartin , to go to a rock gig and complain about the volume that's a bit like buying a house next to an airport and then saying you don't like planes ! If you don't like it don't do it ! :roll:
Or should all gigs nowdays, in this P.C gone mad country, have warnings outside the venue saying " Warning could contain loud music !" Unbelievable ! :roll: :wink:
skinnymartin

Post by skinnymartin »

hairychin wrote:It's really weird, I've seen a few comments now that it was too loud, WTF ! when I saw them in Oxford , if anything it wasn't loud enough ! :mad: Maybe it was because the venue is in a residential area and they had to tone it down a bit ?
And I agree with Skinnymartin , to go to a rock gig and complain about the volume that's a bit like buying a house next to an airport and then saying you don't like planes ! If you don't like it don't do it ! :roll:
Or should all gigs nowdays, in this P.C gone mad country, have warnings outside the venue saying " Warning could contain loud music !" Unbelievable ! :roll: :wink:

To be fair, I was being a bit flippant, not really serious point. It can get so loud that the sound is distorted.

i would prefer Airbourne loud and proud, but I ain't everyone.
Martin Curtis BA (Hons) ELL (Open)
(status accurate from 3 August 2010)

A world without heroes
Is like a world without sun
You can't look up to anyone
Without heroes
Roger H

Post by Roger H »

skinnymartin wrote:
hairychin wrote:It's really weird, I've seen a few comments now that it was too loud, WTF ! when I saw them in Oxford , if anything it wasn't loud enough ! :mad: Maybe it was because the venue is in a residential area and they had to tone it down a bit ?

To be fair, I was being a bit flippant, not really serious point. It can get so loud that the sound is distorted.

i would prefer Airbourne loud and proud, but I ain't everyone.
Some bands have a reputation of being loud live and usually boast about the fact. This thread has had people saying Airbourne are loud, so that is fair warning that if you are going to see them it might be uncomfortable in the aural department.
Why not do as my wife does , always have a pair of ear plugs in your pocket just incase the volume is a bit much !
I'm not having a dig at anyone on here but we should be all old and experienced enough to know what to expect going to a Metal gig . 8) 8)
fried alive
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by fried alive »

it was distorted