How do you save music from Real Player?

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
Dwight Fry
Ace Frehley (1978)

How do you save music from Real Player?

Post by Dwight Fry »

I've got a link here that is playing a streaming acoustic radio performance in Real Player.

Question - how can I / can I save this to my pc and then burn to CD?
daniel3786
Paul Stanley (1978)

Re: How do you save music from Real Player?

Post by daniel3786 »

I am not sure if you can copy radio broadcasts when your listening to them, you can however wait for the podcast version to come out and do it that way - if the station your listening to does podcasts.
kingjames1970
The Originals II (1978)

Post by kingjames1970 »

You can use audio hijack on the Mac, there must be a PC equivalent.
marty
Dressed To Kill (1975)

Post by marty »

Dwight Fry wrote:I've got a link here that is playing a streaming acoustic radio performance in Real Player.
Question - how can I / can I save this to my pc and then burn to CD?
daniel3786 wrote:I am not sure if you can copy radio broadcasts when your listening to them, you can however wait for the podcast version to come out and do it that way - if the station your listening to does podcasts.
I've recorded live radio broadcasts that don't do podcasts by using a 3.5mm to 3.5mm jack cable (available from Maplins - around £7 I think!). You plug one end into the headphone-out socketon the PC speakers and the other end to the micrphone input socket on the PC then use an audio recording package to record the sound. You can use a similar set up to convert vinyl and tape to digital recordings.

If you want to listen at the same time as recording you will need a "cable adaptor" (don't know what the proper name is but mine is a Y-shaped cable with a 3.5mm jack-plug on one end and 2 3.5mm sockets on the other. Using this the spare socket can be used to connect a set of speakers to so you can listen while recording.

As I say that's how I've done it though I suppose someone else may be able to suggest a simpler way!!
Marty - Stay Hungry