Don't you love the F.A. cup

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
tallfruit
Alive II (1977)

Don't you love the F.A. cup

Post by tallfruit »

who said the f.a cup has lost its magic , last week utd lost to leeds noe liverpool are knocked out by reading
Bay
Best Of The Solo Albums (1979)

Re: dont you love the f.a cup

Post by Bay »

A lot of people in liverpool get knocked out for reading. :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
Pete

Post by Pete »

tallfruit wrote:who said the f.a cup has lost its magic , last week utd lost to leeds noe liverpool are knocked out by reading
Yes. Congratulations to Reading for coming to Anfield and having a right good go and getting a positive result.
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Mr.Spireite
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Mr.Spireite »

How long has Benitez got left then, surely he's out of a job ?
AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by AxeBass »

Liverpool were as bad as ITV's one sided, deluded commentary on the game. Jim Beglin trying to claim that wasn't a penalty was pathetic. It was a superb peice of refereeing to get that decision right but ITV missed that. Only Andy Townsend had the guts to say how bad Liverpool were. It must be time for a change now and I dont mean the usual change of sell a spaniard/buy one to replace him (they tried that one again yesterday btw!).
Pete

Post by Pete »

AxeBass wrote:Liverpool were as bad as ITV's one sided, deluded commentary on the game. Jim Beglin trying to claim that wasn't a penalty was pathetic. It was a superb peice of refereeing to get that decision right but ITV missed that. Only Andy Townsend had the guts to say how bad Liverpool were. It must be time for a change now and I dont mean the usual change of sell a spaniard/buy one to replace him (they tried that one again yesterday btw!).
Begging you pardon sir, as bad as we were if that was a penalty (and I'm not saying it was or wasn't) then why wasn't the blatant shove on Aquilani one too?

LFC is rotten to the core. Rafa's on borrowed time (if not for 2005 & 2007 he'd have gone a while ago). The board are corrupt yankee tw@s out to make a quick buck and the squad is so paper thin and poor that a bottom of the championship team could give them a game and beat them... :oops:

ITV are always biased toward the 'Big' club and there coverage is usually shite. last nigth was no exception.

Anyway congratulations to Reading.
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by AxeBass »

Pete wrote:and I'm not saying it was or wasn't
Go on, you can do it ...... :wink:

Aquilani looks like a huge waste of money. The penalty claim - I've seen them given but it would have been a soft one. He was leaning into the defender who had his arms either side of him, not on him. I would have felt hard done by if that was given against my team and not surprised if it wasnt.

I think it is too easy to blame the board. Yes, I agree they are wrong for your club and dont have its best interests at heart BUT Rafa has wasted millions and also mis-managed some great players eg Keane and Alonso ...even Crouch. All 3 of whom could have dug you out of last nights hole.

ITV love Liverpool - the continued use of the word 'sublime' to describe the play of a toiling side in a rapid tailspin last night was an embarassing.
crad
Creatures Of The Night (1982)

Post by crad »

From a liverpool follower congrats to reading they wanted this so bad our players only wanted the money for turning up or NOT !!!!!!! as last night's performance
didn't deserve any wages being payed Disgraceful they dont deseve to wear the red shirt and as for Aquilani or whatever his name is pack your bag's and return to italy i dont blame the manager as its the players who are on the pitch but i think he will probably go sooner rather than later,as for the owners i can't possibly say on here what i feel as i dont want a yellow card one disgusted lfc fan :oops: :oops: :oops:
If offended please feel free to report me to your nearest MOD
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

As Comic Book Guy would say, "Worst performance ever !!"
Ive never seen a Liverpool team play with that lack of desire, intelligence, creativity, commitment, will to win or above all, the authority a Premiership club playing a low end Championship club should have.
Every single player was a disgrace to the shirt. They were clueless from the very first whistle.
Ive said this a million times before but Lucas is utter crap. Shoot him, or drown him in the Mersey, but for christ sake, never let him put a Liverpool shirt on again. Dirk Kuyt needs a right good kick up the arse to wake him up. He needs to start using his own brain and realise that defenders are there to be taken on and beaten, not to be scared of and run away from. Beneyoun was hopeless again last night. His commitment is there, he just gets scared in the last third of the pitch and like Kuyt, loses it when confronted by a defender....or a goalkeeper. Christina Aquilani still doesn't look like a player I'd spend 20p on let alone £20m. His passing looks very good when it comes off, but a more direct approach and a bit more attacking flair from a player who has speed and good ball control is whats needed from him. Deggen......you can see why he's only made 8 starts in 3 years. Gerrard for the time he was on the pitch was again uninterested. He's playing as though he has no belief in those around him, and I can fully understand that. Torres looks as though he's had enough, and who can blame him ?? Carragher is trying to marshall a back four who never speak to each other and try as he might, they don't and won't play as a unit.
Reading out played Liverpool in every department last night and thoroughly deserved their victory. It would have looked even more convincing a victory if that young lad has scored after weaving his way through the Liverpool team, the traffic behind Stanley Park and the hoards of American tourists in Matthew Street only to see his shot go agonisingly wide.
Rafa has wasted a fortune on less than average fodder. A breath of fresh air is need at the club now. I'd love to see Hiddink or Mourinho take over at Anfield, but who ever it is, I hope they shed the club of the shit that's draining them of wages and finally replace them with quality.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Father Jack wrote: I'd love to see Hiddink or Mourinho take over at Anfield, but who ever it is, I hope they shed the club of the shit that's draining them of wages and finally replace them with quality.
Not going to happen with our finances.
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
crad

Post by crad »

Pete wrote:
Father Jack wrote: I'd love to see Hiddink or Mourinho take over at Anfield, but who ever it is, I hope they shed the club of the shit that's draining them of wages and finally replace them with quality.
Not going to happen with our finances.
Your probably right pete but ffs what was last night about :oops:
If offended please feel free to report me to your nearest MOD
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Pete wrote: Not going to happen with our finances.
Well if we sold the shower of shite we're currently employing for silly money to be less than piss poor we might be able to raise £30.
OUT
Lucas - Give him away with a creme egg to some non league outfit
Deggen - Send him back to Germany
Insua - Flog him to a mediocre Italian side with more money than sense.
Voronin - Sell him to Hertha Berlin or who ever it is he wants to go to. Get rid asap !
Rierra - Strap him to a traffic bollard and run him over. And I though Giggs was the only one footed chimp in football. :roll:
Babel - Let him go to Birmingham for £9m. He doesn't want to be at Anfield
Kyut - He'd look the part in a Hull City shirt to be honest.

We could seriously raise £30m for that pile of toss and for that we could have MATA, SILVA or VILLA.....and even get BECKFORD for a few quid. Or, raise the £6m it would cost to get rid of Rafa.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Father Jack wrote:
Well if we sold the shower of shite we're currently employing for silly money to be less than piss poor we might be able to raise £30.
OUT
Lucas - Give him away with a creme egg to some non league outfit - Can't argue with that.
Deggen - Send him back to Germany - Played quite well last night I though.Possibly our MoM
Insua - Flog him to a mediocre Italian side with more money than sense. Can't argue with that.
Voronin - Sell him to Hertha Berlin or who ever it is he wants to go to. Get rid asap ! - Err...went to Moscow for £2M last week
Rierra - Strap him to a traffic bollard and run him over. And I though Giggs was the only one footed chimp in football. :roll: That's harsh. He's currently injured...leave it till he's fit.
Babel - Let him go to Birmingham for £9m. He doesn't want to be at Anfield Can't argue with that.
Kuyt - He'd look the part in a Hull City shirt to be honest. - Play him as striker and see how he performs...
Comments in red sir... :wink:
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

I thought the deal with Voronin hadn't gone through because he was hoping Berlin would come in for him at the last minute.
Still, Moscow is a good place for him.
crad

Post by crad »

Well agree with most of what you say chaps but Babel is a good player i dont understand why he doesn't get more games he is so fast he just needs games and he doesn't want to leave, lucas well enough said,kuyt is/was a striker when he arrived just run's around now dodging defenders,liverpool have always had 2 strikers now we got 1 if we are lucky go back to 4-4-2 period.also did you know that the reading keeper wants to come to liverpool ?
Ngog pphhhh crap play babel and torres up front no deffence will match there pace, there's another thing we need to improve our deffence every time the clock strikes 90 mins they go to pieces WHY!!!!
MY TEAM BELOW
REINA
CARRA
Aurelio
Johnson
agger
gerrard
Riera
Aquilani
Kuyt
babel
torres