skin

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
tallfruit
Alive II (1977)

skin

Post by tallfruit »

went to see skin last night as they where playing locally, wow these guys are still an amazing band with probably one of the most underratted singers in neville mcdonald, that man has one hell of a voice and old mike gray can still play a bit too :D
Downy
Dynasty (1979)

Re: skin

Post by Downy »

Where did Skin play mate?
I didnt know they had reformed.
Liked there first album and I remember the song 'Tower of strength' being a big hit.
Remember the band Mike Gray was in before Skin? Jagged edge,they were pretty good too. :)
Pete

Post by Pete »

Downy wrote:Where did Skin play mate?
I didnt know they had reformed.
Liked there first album and I remember the song 'Tower of strength' being a big hit.
Remember the band Mike Gray was in before Skin? Jagged edge,they were pretty good too. :)
They reformed in 2008 (or was it 2009??) at the request of Andy Copping as he wanted them to play Download. Sicne then things have improved for them and they are back together. They are doing an acoustic and electic set at Download this weekend too...
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
tallfruit
Alive II (1977)

Post by tallfruit »

i saw them in pontypridd neville's home town , they are doing 3 gigs as a warm up for download, and yep i remember jagged edge their first cd was great,the singer supproted skin when i saw them on sunday and did a few jagged edge songs with mike gray :D
Glammy Dave
Dressed To Kill (1975)

Post by Glammy Dave »

I was there last night mate and they were excellent.My first time in the Slade rooms and I gotta say it urinates over the old little civic,great sound too.
"Glams Not Dead,I`m Still Alive"
Downy
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Downy »

tallfruit wrote:i saw them in pontypridd neville's home town , they are doing 3 gigs as a warm up for download, and yep i remember jagged edge their first cd was great,the singer supproted skin when i saw them on sunday and did a few jagged edge songs with mike gray :D
That's pretty cool they played Pontypridd,I forgot that Neville is Welsh.
Glad you had a great time mate.
I wont be at Download but I hope to catch them live sometime in the future.
largebloke
Alive II (1977)

Post by largebloke »

I was at the Slade Rooms last night, and I thought they were amazing. The crowd helped, and at times, seemed louder than Nev - especially during Look But Don't Touch. It was nice to hear a couple of new numbers, and I'm pretty sure nothing came from Experience Electric which makes it better for all :D
I hope that after Download they do a proper tour - I was pleasantly surprised, and would love to see them a few more times.
When did Motley Crue become Classic Rock?
Sour Mash
Unmasked (1980)

Post by Sour Mash »

I bought the first album back in the day, thought it very average,they were just ridingvthe coattails of Thunder, Little Angels and Gun...
Watched them at Download last year, why where they were on the main stage..?..every other band blew them away...40 minutes of my life wasted....
IAN

http://kissoffline2012.forumotion.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dont Take Shit from anyone...ever....
Gene Simmons 1984..
Dan bach
Animalize (1984)

Post by Dan bach »

I'll catch the Download acoustic set - Friday.

Sourmash .... I agree with you - last year at Download they stunk ..... Neville had an attitude either a East or West Coast frontman would have ..... cue a Wildhearts anthem - Turning American ....