38%
stay in and wait for h.t.h on sun
13%

Total votes: 8

ric k iss
The Originals II (1978)

25-8-06 fri - tonight any ideas??

Post by ric k iss »

ok so heres the score me and my mate find ourselves at a loose end tonight the mrs is out and we wanna go see a band (midlands area only) so ive got spencer davis group @ bilston
bootleg abba :oops: @ crewe
and deft leppard @ stourbridge
we actually fancy the abba one 'cos it may be fun and there may be chicks BUT do two blokes going to abba look like queers?
also as am at bilston sun for h.t.h and spenser davis is £17 don't fancy that
anyone seen deft lepp? any good? :D
fox~fan
The Originals II (1978)

Post by fox~fan »

Abba might be fun but personally would go see a leppard tribute - for the laugh if nothing else !
Have fun and let us know what you decide! :D
starchildmark
Music From "The Elder" (1981)

Post by starchildmark »

well Rick I would go to the nearest one so i could get drunk and waddle home *hic*

You will see that on Sunday as I am staying over and it would be rude not to sample the local ale *hic*

*-)
ric k iss
The Originals II (1978)

Post by ric k iss »

starchildmark wrote:well Rick I would go to the nearest one so i could get drunk and waddle home *hic*

You will see that on Sunday as I am staying over and it would be rude not to sample the local ale *hic*

*-)
sadly mark all the "local" midlands gigs are 30-50 miles lol my nearest from home (handsacre) is probably bilston which is 35-45 mins away stour and crewe take me just about an hour as does notts!!the closest to me is the tackeroo in cannock where i saw h.t.h earlier this year or the l.a rock cafe in cannock where no kiss tribs play and they have bands thurs and sun nights only anyway there.other local places are the flowerpot in derby and the hen house at cannock but nothing good there tonight.
oh how i miss the highwayman.............
Pete

Post by Pete »

I use to go their too!!! Has it really closed??? How sad. It was a top rock club, though after a few too many 'shandies' I use to get lost as it was dark and a bit of a labyrinth if I remember.Oh happy days.

Well enjoy your evening anyway.
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
ric k iss
The Originals II (1978)

Post by ric k iss »

gray2174 wrote:
I use to go their too!!! Has it really closed??? How sad. It was a top rock club, though after a few too many 'shandies' I use to get lost as it was dark and a bit of a labyrinth if I remember.Oh happy days.

it's a housing estate now.......... :( ,
ric k iss
The Originals II (1978)

Post by ric k iss »

ric k iss wrote:
gray2174 wrote:

in fact i seem to remember the last time i went d.t.k played and finished the set as a 3 piece as dave patterson the original ace had a mystery ilness near the shows end.........mmmmm will we ever find out what it was and why we never saw him again????? roumour says gary eat him :D $-)
beingpaulstanley
Alive II (1977)

Post by beingpaulstanley »

ric k iss wrote: in fact i seem to remember the last time i went d.t.k played and finished the set as a 3 piece as dave patterson the original ace had a mystery ilness near the shows end.........mmmmm will we ever find out what it was and why we never saw him again????? roumour says gary eat him :D $-)
In DRESSED TO KILL, art imitates life in so many ways: Our original Petere Criss was married 3 times, Myself and 'Gene' were seeing two Girls who were Sisters, etc etc....

This particular nite, We had to do an Elder-period KISS 'thing' and play as a three piece (albeit at the end of the show)..

The phrase 'More Frehley than Frehley' comes to mind..

;)

*-)
DRESSED TO KILL : http://www.dressedtokill.org.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; & http://www.myspace.com/kisstributeuk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; & http://www.youtube.com/kisstributeuk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; & http://www.facebook.com/kisstributeuk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.myspace.com/beingpaulstanley" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - Ever wanted to be someone else?
Dan bach
Animalize (1984)

Post by Dan bach »

Crickey the Highwayman pub/club - what an era - thrash and glam collide - in a good way. Was a student in Stoke and we (the RocSoc) used to do Highwayman and Rock City alternatively (sp).

The back of beyond - but like a lot of the rock clubs of the late 80's - one hell of a time and one hell of a hangover next morning.

Used to hassle the dj's ( I still do, to this day - it's their job to play our requests) - for a Megadeth track then a Poison track and then a KISS track naturally.

Then Shelley's in Longton. Gilly's in Manc and Roxy ........ thanks for the Memories!
starchildmark

Post by starchildmark »

Rebels in Sheffield was my hangout, that place was a death trap. if they had been a fire god knows how we would have got out. but what a club, the music rocked.

:D *-)
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

starchildmark wrote:Rebels in Sheffield was my hangout, that place was a death trap. if they had been a fire god knows how we would have got out. but what a club, the music rocked.

Now we're talking. What a place !! & the Roxy every 1st & 3rd Monday of the month. Happy lust filled & alcohol fuelled days.
Remember feeling sick climbing the never ending stairs to get into Rebels, then trying my hardest to evade the doormen whilst trying to sneak a 'new friend' into my office. :shock: :shock:

Kids of today... Pah !! They've never lived. :lol:
ric k iss
The Originals II (1978)

Post by ric k iss »

fox~fan wrote:Abba might be fun but personally would go see a leppard tribute - for the laugh if nothing else !
Have fun and let us know what you decide! :D
hi all went for stourbridge rock cafe 2000 to see def lep tribute http://www.deftleppard.com check them out its a good site! the support was by a rock covers band called permission to rock who were great they did whitesnake deep purple thin lizzy acdc guns and roses etc very enjoyable!
deft leppard were my kind of tribute band - they acted the parts well and called each other by the "real" band names and wore the clothes stereotypical to each band member they were aided by a keyboard player to produce the vocal effects the real band have and all those noises in the songs, i was amazed how many i knew to be honest as i'm not a great fan of def leppard the only let down was the fact that the drummer didn't go "that extra mile" ;) and play with one hand lol

roll on sunday at bilston!!! let's rock :D
starchildmark

Post by starchildmark »

Father Jack wrote:
starchildmark wrote:Rebels in Sheffield was my hangout, that place was a death trap. if they had been a fire god knows how we would have got out. but what a club, the music rocked.

Now we're talking. What a place !! & the Roxy every 1st & 3rd Monday of the month. Happy lust filled & alcohol fuelled days.
Remember feeling sick climbing the never ending stairs to get into Rebels, then trying my hardest to evade the doormen whilst trying to sneak a 'new friend' into my office. :shock: :shock:

Kids of today... Pah !! They've never lived. :lol:
getting up the stairs was never a prob for me but getting down was. *hic*

OMG Roxys lol i can remember going to the first ever rock night there and was blown away by how much space you had on the dance floor LOL.

Danny can you remember Bob the DJ from Rebels? you would ask for a track and every time all you got was "sure, sure" and the bastard never played it LOL but he did play a lot of Kiss and quite regular too, and he also played some stuff from pauls solo album as well.

And teh ladies of rebels, well what can i say but WOW, I once picked up a young lady in there and was going great till her girlfriend came in and they went home. LOL :shock: :D

*-)
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Your Jedi powers must have been weak old man. I would have left with both of them. ;)
Yes, I remember Bob. He used to play NIN all the fecking time. He also played Metallica & then panic when people started moshing on the dance floor.
Can you recall the Bailey Bros doing a guest dj night ? What a pair of dickheads. Though they played some storming music.
Roxy was HUGE, full of nubile horny & very gullible young minxes. Purrrrr !!!!
As was Rock City. But thats another story. ;)
Pete

Post by Pete »

ric k iss wrote:
gray2174 wrote:

Does/Did anyone ever go to 'The Sutherland Arms'??
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)