Avenged Sevenfold drummer dies aged 28

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
Spooky_Von_Glitter
Dynasty (1979)

Avenged Sevenfold drummer dies aged 28

Post by Spooky_Von_Glitter »

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wir ... id=9439249

There goes another one.... jeez.

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The drummer with Avenged Sevenfold, a rising force in the heavy metal scene, died on Monday at his home in southern California, the group and authorities said.

James Owen Sullivan, nicknamed "The Rev," appeared to have died of natural causes, Huntington Beach police Lt. John Domingo told the Orange County Register. He was 28. The Orange County Coroner's Office is investigating, the paper said.

"It is with great sadness and heavy hearts that we tell you of the passing today of Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan," the band said on its Web site. "Jimmy was not only one of the world's best drummers, but more importantly he was our best friend and brother."

Avenged Sevenfold, which Sullivan co-founded in 1999, hit No. 4 on the U.S. pop album chart in 2007 with its most recent album, a self-titled release that went on to ship more than 500,000 copies, according to the Recording Industry Association of America.
Sullivan contributed "A Little Piece of Heaven," a tongue-in-cheek, eight-minute paean to necrophilia and mass murder. The band shot an appropriately gruesome videoclip.

In recent years, Avenged Sevenfold tried to live down its reputation for debauchery. Sullivan, in particular, had raised eyebrows after a 2006 cover story in metal magazine Revolver described his penchant for cocaine and other drugs.

Inspired by such bands as Iron Maiden, Metallica and Guns N' Roses, the quintet built its musical reputation through heavy touring. It played Ozzy Osbourne's annual Ozzfest tour in 2006, and co-headlined a national trek with Buckcherry in 2008 and 2009. It recently announced plans to record a third studio album for Warner Music Group Corp

Derp de derp de diddly derp!
Mr.Spireite
Dynasty (1979)

Re: Avenged Sevenfold drummer dies aged 28

Post by Mr.Spireite »

6/4 drugs....
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Since when was drugs a natural cause ? :?
Thayer 08

Post by Thayer 08 »

Rock star code....

I quite like Ax7, bit Maiden at times but a good band none the less. Poor old drummer.
Just play the bass you bell-end!!
daniel3786
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by daniel3786 »

Great shame.

He actually was quite a good drummer too...
Pete

Post by Pete »

Spooky_Von_Glitter wrote:http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wir ... id=9439249

There goes another one.... jeez.

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The drummer with Avenged Sevenfold, a rising force in the heavy metal scene, died on Monday at his home in southern California, the group and authorities said.

James Owen Sullivan, nicknamed "The Rev," appeared to have died of natural causes, Huntington Beach police Lt. John Domingo told the Orange County Register. He was 28. The Orange County Coroner's Office is investigating, the paper said.

"It is with great sadness and heavy hearts that we tell you of the passing today of Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan," the band said on its Web site. "Jimmy was not only one of the world's best drummers, but more importantly he was our best friend and brother."

Avenged Sevenfold, which Sullivan co-founded in 1999, hit No. 4 on the U.S. pop album chart in 2007 with its most recent album, a self-titled release that went on to ship more than 500,000 copies, according to the Recording Industry Association of America.
Sullivan contributed "A Little Piece of Heaven," a tongue-in-cheek, eight-minute paean to necrophilia and mass murder. The band shot an appropriately gruesome videoclip.

In recent years, Avenged Sevenfold tried to live down its reputation for debauchery. Sullivan, in particular, had raised eyebrows after a 2006 cover story in metal magazine Revolver described his penchant for cocaine and other drugs.

Inspired by such bands as Iron Maiden, Metallica and Guns N' Roses, the quintet built its musical reputation through heavy touring. It played Ozzy Osbourne's annual Ozzfest tour in 2006, and co-headlined a national trek with Buckcherry in 2008 and 2009. It recently announced plans to record a third studio album for Warner Music Group Corp

R.I.P. fella.

Strange how all these people (Brittany Murphy, this fella etc) are all passing on at a relativley young age due to natural causes...

Just goes to show that it's not always drugs, legal (such as anti-depressives) or illegal that cause these deaths...
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Mr.Spireite
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Mr.Spireite »

Depends, like Brittny Murphy they have an actual autopsy I supose.

Didn't her husband refuse this ?
Spooky_Von_Glitter
Dynasty (1979)

Brittany Murphy.... hmmm if you don't eat, and do massive amounts of drugs... You might die.

Common sense. Fail.
Mr.Spireite
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Mr.Spireite »

Spooky_Von_Glitter wrote:Brittany Murphy.... hmmm if you don't eat, and do massive amounts of drugs... You might die.

Common sense. Fail.
A bit like Michael Jackson I supose ?
Spooky_Von_Glitter
Dynasty (1979)

Mr.Spireite wrote:
Spooky_Von_Glitter wrote:Brittany Murphy.... hmmm if you don't eat, and do massive amounts of drugs... You might die.

Common sense. Fail.
A bit like Michael Jackson I supose ?
Not really, no. *facedesk*
Mr.Spireite
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Mr.Spireite »

I thought he did drugs, didn't eat etc.
Spooky_Von_Glitter
Dynasty (1979)

He did eat, yes he was dependant on drugs for sleep. His weight, well... he's always been a lanky streak of piss.

BM died of a heart attack. MJ on the other hand..Oh.. whats that word... uhm... oh yeah.. MURDER.
SpaceWivAce
Rock And Roll Over (1976)

Post by SpaceWivAce »

Why Why Why I have only heard of Avenged Sevenfold in the past few years drugs dependancy and none of the band members even tried to help him?

Could not sleep simple too much coffee wait "only one of the world's best drummers" yea when HIGH on drugs yea best friend (to get other band members drugs) did it take them from 99-07 to become famous?
Heavy touring does not help anyones health plus how many times a week does he used to play with the band?

What a joke THREE studio albums in 10 years give mea break.

Truth or second guessing you tell me.

Another band RIP list can't contunie witohut The Rev whoever he is just another loooonnnnnnggg flash in the pan like a bug up your ass u cannot get rid of thats these bands of today THEY SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kev

Post by Kev »

SpaceWivAce wrote:Why Why Why I have only heard of Avenged Sevenfold in the past few years drugs dependancy and none of the band members even tried to help him?

Could not sleep simple too much coffee wait "only one of the world's best drummers" yea when HIGH on drugs yea best friend (to get other band members drugs) did it take them from 99-07 to become famous?
Heavy touring does not help anyones health plus how many times a week does he used to play with the band?

Another band RIP list can't contunie witohut The Rev whoever he is just another loooonnnnnnggg flash in the pan like a bug up your ass u cannot get rid of thats these bands of today THEY SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

(only my opinion,in no way am i insulting you....statement copyright of plugtwot)
Spooky_Von_Glitter
Dynasty (1979)

plugfooty wrote:
SpaceWivAce wrote:Why Why Why I have only heard of Avenged Sevenfold in the past few years drugs dependancy and none of the band members even tried to help him?

ImageImageImage
Whose up whose ass now? *shrugs*