Talk about other bands... or whatever!
Spooky_Von_Glitter
Dynasty (1979)

Re: Avatar

Post by Spooky_Von_Glitter »

Not getting to see Holmsey.... I'm being taken to see "did you hear about the morgans"

Yay! Hugh Grant and Dee snider side by side fighting off bears. :?
Derp de derp de diddly derp!
Pete

Post by Pete »

Spooky_Von_Glitter wrote:Not getting to see Holmsey.... I'm being taken to see "did you hear about the morgans"

Yay! Hugh Grant and Dee snider side by side fighting off bears. :?
Was gonna see that this weekend but snow prevented.

Oh and Dee is far more attractive than SJP! :shock: :lol: :lol:
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Scottish_Connection
Double Platinum (1978)

Post by Scottish_Connection »

Saw Avatar last weekend - thought it was fab.

Am looking forward to seeing Holmes at some point this month, the trailer makes it look ace.

Have only heard awful things about "meet the morgans"so will be avoiding it like the plague (not that I was thinking of seeing it as I hate SJP)
17853 miles and counting - a personal Odyssey
1822 miles and counting - another Odyssey?
nicksmithworld
Killers (1982)
Location: Wolverhampton "You are the rock'n'roll capital of the World!"

Post by nicksmithworld »

feel free to feel offended, cyber-bullied, put out, outside of the clique, side-lined, marginalised or just generally have the piss taken out of. However it's a JOKE!-Nick's Mirth World!
nicksmithworld
Killers (1982)
Location: Wolverhampton "You are the rock'n'roll capital of the World!"

Post by nicksmithworld »

feel free to feel offended, cyber-bullied, put out, outside of the clique, side-lined, marginalised or just generally have the piss taken out of. However it's a JOKE!-Nick's Mirth World!
Downy
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Downy »

Thanks guys for your thoughts. :)
Im defo going to see Avatar at some point either in the cinema or some other means.
I hear the film is well on it's way to being bigger than Titanic which was also one of James Camerons films.
Scottish_Connection
Double Platinum (1978)

Post by Scottish_Connection »

Avatar deserves to be bigger than Titanic - it is way better, doesn't have Celine Dion on the soundtrack and you don't have to put up with Leonardo DiCaprio wandering about trying to work out how to act his way of of a paper bag!
17853 miles and counting - a personal Odyssey
1822 miles and counting - another Odyssey?
Downy
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Downy »

Scottish_Connection wrote:Avatar deserves to be bigger than Titanic - it is way better, doesn't have Celine Dion on the soundtrack and you don't have to put up with Leonardo DiCaprio wandering about trying to work out how to act his way of of a paper bag!

:lol: Couldn't have said it better myself Amz!
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

And if it wins anything we won't have the embarassment of squirming in our seats while Kate Winsley makes a complete arse of herself at the award ceremony.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Have now seen this in 3D.

Stoyline? Paper thin but that's not what this film is about...The effects, the 3d the CGI absolutley breathtaking. It really is Beautiful to look at.

Slightly to long (numb bum factor 7) but still really good.
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
hywelkidd
Alive! (1975)

Post by hywelkidd »

Yeah I've seen it but the story and dialogue are shocking. The only good thing about it is the graphics which are absolutely amazing. Worth seeing just for that really if you have 3 hours to kill (would recommend it in 3D as well).
Downy
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Downy »

hywelkidd wrote:Yeah I've seen it but the story and dialogue are shocking. The only good thing about it is the graphics which are absolutely amazing. Worth seeing just for that really if you have 3 hours to kill (would recommend it in 3D as well).
I have seen Avatar and I agree with you mate.
If not for the Graphics which were amazing the film would be rubbish as the story line wasnt very good.
I have seen Sherlock Holmes and I would recommend it as I enjoyed it a lot more than Avatar to be honest. :)
hywelkidd
Alive! (1975)

Post by hywelkidd »

Downy wrote:
hywelkidd wrote:Yeah I've seen it but the story and dialogue are shocking. The only good thing about it is the graphics which are absolutely amazing. Worth seeing just for that really if you have 3 hours to kill (would recommend it in 3D as well).
I have seen Avatar and I agree with you mate.
If not for the Graphics which were amazing the film would be rubbish as the story line wasnt very good.
I have seen Sherlock Holmes and I would recommend it as I enjoyed it a lot more than Avatar to be honest. :)
Yeah I was thinking of seeing that when it comes out on DVD. I've also heard that they may not be allowed to do a second film because of possibly making Sherlock homosexual and the copyright holder for Sherlock Holms won't let them do anything like that.
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

They can make him a morphine or opium addict if they like (Im sure Holmes was supposed to be addicted to some form of drug), but why on earth would they want to make his character homosexual just for the sake of jumping on the pc bandwagon and 'bringing' Sherlock Holmes into the modern era ? (where everbody who we thought was straight for over 100 years suddenly turns out to be as straight as a five bob bit .....or a different colour....or both...or even a completely different gender altogether)!!!!
Perhaps they could make Holme's lickspittle Dr Watson gay and have his voice altered to sound like Weyland Smithers from the Simpsons ?? :D
Bay
Best Of The Solo Albums (1979)

Post by Bay »

It's actually hinted at in several Sherlock Holmes stories that Holmes and Watson may have a relationship. I can't see any problems from the estate if they put that into the next film. He uses Cocaine and Morphine quite liberally in the books too, i'd think that was a bigger issue myself. It's just an opinion, but i have read all of the Sherlock Holmes stories. I thought the film was great too. :D
ImageImageImageImage