Reb Beach calls Kirk Hamster "worst guitarist"

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
nicksmithworld
Killers (1982)
Location: Wolverhampton "You are the rock'n'roll capital of the World!"

Re: Reb Beach calls Kirk Hamster "worst guitarist"

Post by nicksmithworld »

daniel3786 wrote:
Father Jack wrote:Ive been saying this for 20 years. Haven't I been saying it ?? I have many, many times. Just look at some of my previous post's....
But I'll say it again...
KIRK HAMMETT IS fuc*ing SHIT !!!!
He's the most over rated, dog shit, beginner of a guitarist that has ever been lucky enough to make it in the music industry. His solo's are beyond description as words to describe such rectal gas of lead guitar work don't readily spring to mind. If its true that Satch actually taught him to play with no idea as to what the fu*k it is he's actually doing then he himself deserves a giant Pat Jennings sized hand cuffing him around the side of his baldness.
An awful anus of a guitarist. On a par with CC Deville and anyone else who thinks that sounding like alkaseltzer dissolving in a glass of water can pass for guitar work.
And don't get me started on his drummer........ :lol:
Post of the month!!
+1
feel free to feel offended, cyber-bullied, put out, outside of the clique, side-lined, marginalised or just generally have the piss taken out of. However it's a JOKE!-Nick's Mirth World!
w00dy

Post by w00dy »

Kirk Hamster is fairly good on album, but live he fu*ks about too much for my liking. Prime example are the solos in Fade To Black, Sanitarium and One.
I never liked Winger so i don't give a toss what Reb Beach says (each to their own though ;) )

...and like FJ said, don't get me started on that fuc*ing Large Oilrig!!!!!! :twisted:
tallfruit
Alive II (1977)

Post by tallfruit »

reb is 3 times the guitarist kirk hammet will ever be, just because kirks in a bigger band does not automatically make him better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWGQWu6mSWM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jaymze
Destroyer (1976)

Post by jaymze »

I've seen Reb live about 3 times when he has been playing with Whitesnake.
He was really good on the guitar and seemed to be having a ball, smiling and interacting with the crowd all through the show.
So I would rate him much higher than Kirk.

Didnt Reb co-write a song on Asylum (cant remember which one though)?
KISS Wembley Arena 1999
KISS Islington Academy 2010
KISS Dublin O2 Arena 2010
KISS Glasgow SECC 2010
Goat666
Destroyer (1976)

Post by Goat666 »

But he is in winger
dtkdemongene
Music From "The Elder" (1981)

Post by dtkdemongene »

Goat666 wrote:But he is in winger
Nothing wrong with that..... :evil:

Have you actually heard such tracks as 'Rainbow In The Rose', 'Blind Revolution Mad', 'Witness' etc etc?!? :?: :?:
Live the KISS experience with the World's longest running/Europe's #1 KISS Tribute Band 'Dressed To Kill'.
http://www.dressedtokill.org.uk
http://www.myspace.com/kisstributeuk
The PERSONAL choice of Gene Simmons - "Accept NO substitutes!"
Goat666
Destroyer (1976)

Post by Goat666 »

Unfortunatley i have had the misfortune to hear their sickly sweet manufactured pop rock
dtkdemongene

Post by dtkdemongene »

Goat666 wrote:Unfortunatley i have had the misfortune to hear their sickly sweet manufactured pop rock
That'll be a big NO to my question then.... :roll:
If you knew anything about them you'd know that they had about 3 pop/rock singles back in the early 90's and that was all... and all of them were superbly played and not at all 'manufactured'. Of course, KISS had everything from IWMFLY to Shandi to Lick It Up to Heavens On Fire to Tears are Falling to Crazy Crazy Nights to Forever etc etc etc.....but you've probably conveniently missed them.... :wink:

Ah, the bliss of following what the crowd tell you eh? :wink: :roll:
Live the KISS experience with the World's longest running/Europe's #1 KISS Tribute Band 'Dressed To Kill'.
Goat666
Destroyer (1976)

Post by Goat666 »

I think you are making very big assumptions there. I have owned at one stage the first two records - I heard the new one which was meant to be blistering and from what i heard it was very far from it. As for following a crowd - i think my music taste of rock to blown out japanese spazz grind - doesnt put my feet firmly in any "crowd". Winger to me are one of the bands that managed to turn metal/rock into laughing stock when the american record companies at the end of the 80s signed anything with can of hairspray and a perm. What I also love is these bands that did not have staying power back in the day coming back now and expecting to be hailed as some kind of heroes. This can also be said for the thrash scene as well - like who cares if Gothic Slam have reformed - they sucked 20 years ago and they nothing will have changed. Reb Beach can play a guitar - no question - but the technical ability does guarantee good song writers. The quicker their face lifts fail and they go back to obscurity the better.
dtkdemongene

Post by dtkdemongene »

Goat666 wrote:Winger to me are one of the bands that managed to turn metal/rock into laughing stock when the american record companies at the end of the 80s signed anything with can of hairspray and a perm. What I also love is these bands that did not have staying power back in the day coming back now and expecting to be hailed as some kind of heroes. This can also be said for the thrash scene as well - like who cares if Gothic Slam have reformed - they sucked 20 years ago and they nothing will have changed. Reb Beach can play a guitar - no question - but the technical ability does guarantee good song writers. The quicker their face lifts fail and they go back to obscurity the better.
Your entitled to you opinion.... however, I never saw any real rock musicians laughing.... only media followers. As for going away/coming back... they never split, continued with a grass roots following (who didn't jump on the grunge bandwagon) and still entertain many people to this day. Where songwriting is concerned I think you'll find that Reb & Kip are highly respected within this style of music and Kip also writes highly acclaimed orchestral pieces (his "Ghosts' piece was debuted to rave reviews recently in the US). They haven't had facelifts, Rebs hair is now lank & straight, and Kips is short and he now wears glasses onstage. It's only about the old 'image' (which every band had at that time - even the thrashers)to those who can look no further....

Anyway back to the matter in hand.

Kirk Hamster is sh*t. Reb is right.
Winger are master musicians. Lars & Kirk are very lucky. :wink: 8)
nicksmithworld
Killers (1982)

Post by nicksmithworld »

dtkdemongene wrote:Have you actually heard such tracks as 'Rainbow In The Rose', 'Blind Revolution Mad', 'Witness' etc etc?!? :?: :?:
'Rainbow In The Rose'?? :shock: :shock: The are doing themselves no favours with song titles like that! I can imagine the band/manager meeting, "so who's our core audience? teenage girls? what do they like? oh you know - rainbows, roses- "great! lets write a song about that"

suprised they didn't go with 'Dolphins in the dreamcatcher' or 'wizards in the sunset'
Goat666 wrote: blown out japanese spazz grind
I appear to have missed out, can you recommend some 'blown out japanese spazz grind?' :shock: :D :D
feel free to feel offended, cyber-bullied, put out, outside of the clique, side-lined, marginalised or just generally have the piss taken out of. However it's a JOKE!-Nick's Mirth World!
Goat666
Destroyer (1976)

Post by Goat666 »

Certainly

Unholy Grave
Bathtub Shitter
nicksmithworld
Killers (1982)

Post by nicksmithworld »

Goat666 wrote: Bathtub Shitter
"Darling they're playing OUR tune!"
Gojira1975
Gene Simmons (1978)

Post by Gojira1975 »

My take - I am a musician, and was professional for 10 years. I never really thought of KH as an amazing guitarist, but he has written some great riffs. Not counting anything after Justice, of course.

That would be silly.

As for Winger, I like everything I've heard, and Seventeen is one of my favourite songs of all time.
DEATH TO FALSE METAL
nicksmithworld
Killers (1982)

Post by nicksmithworld »