what do you lot think

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
Bay
Best Of The Solo Albums (1979)

Re: what do you lot think

Post by Bay »

Well this one has everything, and the kitchensink. Plenty of heyyyys and a few whoaoas thrown in for good measure. Great stufff!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSsLYNU7T9Q[/youtube]
ImageImageImageImage
Kev

Post by Kev »

:D love what im hearing :D :D :D :D
ImageImageImageImage

(only my opinion,in no way am i insulting you....statement copyright of plugtwot)
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

daniel3786 wrote: Eh??
I never questioned that they might be successful, I think very successful is pushing it abit, I can't see them shifting millions of albums or selling out arenas Worldwide. I just said they look like tits - which they do, can't deny that - they are posers with hair extensions :roll: . This style of music went 25 years ago, no point trying to recreate a time which has long gone.

Either way this has got nothing to do with what I play. :? I'm in a cover band, your in a cover band, pointless argument really.
Oh but it does old boy. For far too long you seem to think you are the leading world authority on everything from playing the piano to the drifting dust particles from Iceland. You may play in a cover band, I may play in what you think is a cover band....but theres a major difference.... I have been all over the world playing in MY cover band, you have stated you play in pubs....MAJOR DIFFERENCE !!!
I have also been all over the world playing in original bands with major label status recording albums and playing with some of the world's best musicians. (Simon Phillips spring to mind ?? ever heard of him ??? being one of the worlds best drummers I hope you have).
Sorry to be a person with more musical knowledge than you have years on this earth, but you think Crash Diet are 25 years behind their time...the last I heard, you yourself are only in your 20's so what the fu*k do you know from anything before Nirvana ????
Until you can state who you play for, what you do, what you've done and who you are in the great scheme of things...(considering you think you are the same as me...but a shit load of people know who the fu*k I am)....then please, take you're head from out your arse and stop pretending your'e something your not.
You're not the great musical genius you think you are and your'e certainly not the person to slate a band that batters you on any level you will never achieve.
Please feel free to meet me at the Manchester KISS gig to state your'e reply (from wikepedia) so I can laugh my arse off at you.
daniel3786
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by daniel3786 »

Father Jack wrote: Oh but it does old boy. For far too long you seem to think you are the leading world authority on everything from playing the piano to the drifting dust particles from Iceland.
Wrong, I commented on both topics because I have knowledge and take interest in both topics. The only topics you have interest in is when you think your a comedian and like to crack a few lame jokes or if it involves plugging your tribute bands gigs at the local towns dive.
Father Jack wrote:You may play in a cover band, I may play in what you think is a cover band....but theres a major difference.... I have been all over the world playing in MY cover band, you have stated you play in pubs....MAJOR DIFFERENCE !!!

Yes I do play in pubs, we all have to start somewhere, not all of us can reach the blistering heights of playing in a tribute band.
Father Jack wrote:I have also been all over the world playing in original bands with major label status recording albums and playing with some of the world's best musicians. (Simon Phillips spring to mind ?? ever heard of him ??? being one of the worlds best drummers I hope you have).
Nice stroking of the old ego there!
Father Jack wrote:Sorry to be a person with more musical knowledge than you have years on this earth, but you think Crash Diet are 25 years behind their time...the last I heard, you yourself are only in your 20's so what the fu*k do you know from anything before Nirvana ????
So everyone in there 20s knows shit all before Nirvana then? Not making sense tonight are we. :roll:
Father Jack wrote:Until you can state who you play for, what you do, what you've done and who you are in the great scheme of things...(considering you think you are the same as me...but a shit load of people know who the fu*k I am)....then please, take you're head from out your arse and stop pretending your'e something your not.
Thats funny, I never knew who you were until I came on here. I might have missed all the million selling albums you were featured on in my cd collection.
Father Jack wrote:You're not the great musical genius you think you are and your'e certainly not the person to slate a band that batters you on any level you will never achieve.
I'd rather be me than some hair extension wankers who wear eyeliner, copy other peoples riffs and style, and have as much musical talent as Poison. Although I would like their money and their birds. Although I can see why you like them so much, they are a bit like a tribute band in themselves!
Father Jack wrote:Please feel free to meet me at the Manchester KISS gig to state your'e reply (from wikepedia) so I can laugh my arse off at you.
Err.. no .. I'd rather watch what I paid to see. Having said that because fu*k loads of people know who you are I will be overjoyed by meeting such musical greatness. Or I could just watch Kiss, yeah sod it I'll do that instead.
Bay

Post by Bay »

Can't we all just play nice?
ImageImageImageImage
Pete

Post by Pete »

Father Jack wrote:You may play in a cover band, I may play in what you think is a cover band....but theres a major difference.... I have been all over the world playing in MY cover band, you have stated you play in pubs....MAJOR DIFFERENCE !!!

daniel3786 wrote:Yes I do play in pubs, we all have to start somewhere, not all of us can reach the blistering heights of playing in a tribute band.
Care to tell us the name of your band then, so we can check you out?
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Mr.Spireite
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Mr.Spireite »

daniel3786 wrote:
Father Jack wrote: Oh but it does old boy. For far too long you seem to think you are the leading world authority on everything from playing the piano to the drifting dust particles from Iceland.
Wrong, I commented on both topics because I have knowledge and take interest in both topics. The only topics you have interest in is when you think your a comedian and like to crack a few lame jokes or if it involves plugging your tribute bands gigs at the local towns dive.

Yes I do play in pubs, we all have to start somewhere, not all of us can reach the blistering heights of playing in a tribute band.
Father Jack wrote:I have also been all over the world playing in original bands with major label status recording albums and playing with some of the world's best musicians. (Simon Phillips spring to mind ?? ever heard of him ??? being one of the worlds best drummers I hope you have).
Father Jack wrote:Sorry to be a person with more musical knowledge than you have years on this earth, but you think Crash Diet are 25 years behind their time...the last I heard, you yourself are only in your 20's so what the fu*k do you know from anything before Nirvana ????
So everyone in there 20s knows shit all before Nirvana then? Not making sense tonight are we. :roll:
Father Jack wrote:Until you can state who you play for, what you do, what you've done and who you are in the great scheme of things...(considering you think you are the same as me...but a shit load of people know who the fu*k I am)....then please, take you're head from out your arse and stop pretending your'e something your not.
Thats funny, I never knew who you were until I came on here. I might have missed all the million selling albums you were featured on in my cd collection.
Father Jack wrote:You're not the great musical genius you think you are and your'e certainly not the person to slate a band that batters you on any level you will never achieve.
I'd rather be me than some hair extension wankers who wear eyeliner, copy other peoples riffs and style, and have as much musical talent as Poison. Although I would like their money and their birds. Although I can see why you like them so much, they are a bit like a tribute band in themselves!
Father Jack wrote:Please feel free to meet me at the Manchester KISS gig to state your'e reply (from wikepedia) so I can laugh my arse off at you.
Err.. no .. I'd rather watch what I paid to see. Having said that because fu*k loads of people know who you are I will be overjoyed by meeting such musical greatness. Or I could just watch Kiss, yeah sod it I'll do that instead.
Can we stop this pissing contest please ?
dtkdemongene
Music From "The Elder" (1981)

Post by dtkdemongene »

Ah, I love it when Father Jack posts after a weekend of no sleep & endless driving :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Live the KISS experience with the World's longest running/Europe's #1 KISS Tribute Band 'Dressed To Kill'.
http://www.dressedtokill.org.uk
http://www.myspace.com/kisstributeuk
The PERSONAL choice of Gene Simmons - "Accept NO substitutes!"
Mr.Spireite
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Mr.Spireite »

dtkdemongene wrote:Ah, I love it when Father Jack posts after a weekend of no sleep & endless driving :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I thought that was me, got in at 4am this morning, asleep by 5. Up at 7 back down to try and go to sleep for a couple of hours at 9.15 after taking daughter to school, couldn't get to sleep till 10.45ish watching traffic cops on Dave (Stoopid idiots, but that's another story) and me dad rings we at 11.15 to make sure I was awake....

grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

daniel3786 wrote:

YAWN.
Have to have the last word don't you.
daniel3786
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by daniel3786 »

So what your saying is you thought I wasn't going to comment back on the tirade of insults you throwed out at me out of the blue? This is from the exact guy who in the past pm'ed me to say I talk a lot of sense and ignore the people on here who think they are on first name terms with Kiss. :?

You obviously wanted me to reply or you wouldn't have bothered writing a essay on what you think of me. I don't really care to be honest, your reply did yourself a disservice as far as I am concerned. You sounded like an ego maniac, and up their own arse - ''shit load of people know who the fu*k I am''. Your whole post just seethed ego and self worth, if you think that highly of yourself then good for you pal.
Pete

Post by Pete »

daniel3786 wrote:So what your saying is you thought I wasn't going to comment back on the tirade of insults you throwed out at me out of the blue? This is from the exact guy who in the past pm'ed me to say I talk a lot of sense and ignore the people on here who think they are on first name terms with Kiss. :?

You obviously wanted me to reply or you wouldn't have bothered writing a essay on what you think of me. I don't really care to be honest, your reply did yourself a disservice as far as I am concerned. You sounded like an ego maniac, and up their own arse - ''shit load of people know who the fu*k I am''. Your whole post just seethed ego and self worth, if you think that highly of yourself then good for you pal.

Gents. You've had your discussion. If you wish to take it further please use the PM's or email/phone each other.

Now back to the thread please...
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Bay

Post by Bay »

Is it back to the topic of the thread, or back to who has the last word? It's confusing.. :shock: :lol: :lol:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDPh6tWbEG8[/youtube]
ImageImageImageImage
Pete

Post by Pete »

baykiss wrote:Is it back to the topic of the thread, or back to who has the last word? It's confusing.. :shock: :lol: :lol:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDPh6tWbEG8[/youtube]

Thread Topic.

Thank you.
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Spooky_Von_Glitter
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Spooky_Von_Glitter »

Never REAAAALLY got into this band....I do have some older stuff downloaded.
This is the first vid i've seen since they got a new vocalist.

And DAMN! That man is pant wettingly good looking!

Oh, and more on the topic... yes, the intro does sound like 'thrills int he night'. Then again intro to 'within' from the PC album sounds abit like it too....
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwLKcc6PO84[/youtube]
Derp de derp de diddly derp!