Last game of the season.....

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Last game of the season.....

Post by Father Jack »

I can't believe the fate of GTFC and their 100 year association with league football all comes down to 90 mins of football at Burton Albion next weekend and can still be out of their hands if Rochdale keep their current form up and play like tw*t agianst Barnet.
If the Mariners can win and hope Barnet avoid getting anything better than a draw it will be the greatest fight back in league football history. In the bottom two since November, Town didn't register a victory in 24 straight games...a club record equalled only by the last time they went out of the league 101 years ago.
It would be a disaster on a biblical scale for the area if GTFC did drop out the league and I could see the club folding withing 6 months as the fragile backing it recieves would dry up instantly.
Knowing how GTFC have been all season I predict the worst case scenario where we go to Burton having done all the hard work and throw it all away with a piss poor performance against a team with nothing to play for while Barnet lose at home to Rochdale.....but will lady luck wave her magic wand at the mighty mariners one last time ??????

COME ON THE MARINERS !!!!!!!
AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)

Re: Last game of the season.....

Post by AxeBass »

Best of luck to Grimsby - you could see what it meant to the locals today when that second goal went in.

Worst of luck to your other team and their most hated rivals tomorrow!
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

You'll struggle against us tomorrow. I heard Jimmy Corkhill and Ken Dodd are playing alongside Lucas. :lol:
Kev

Post by Kev »

:cry: Im dreading next saturday :shock: :shock:

come on YOU WHITES :D
ImageImageImageImage

(only my opinion,in no way am i insulting you....statement copyright of plugtwot)
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

I think Millwall have shot their bolt and Swindon have got an attack of the twitchy arses. Its a bugger all this last day of the season stuff !!!
largebloke
Alive II (1977)

Post by largebloke »

I'm well happy - the O's are safe after today's win over Wycombe :D
I hope the Mariners pull through, but it's quite an ask... mad things have happened on the final day before though.. who can forget Carlisle's goalie Jimmy Glass scoring in the last minute?
When did Motley Crue become Classic Rock?
Roger H
Best Of The Solo Albums (1979)

Post by Roger H »

Here's what I wrote on another forum 0ver 3 weeks ago.........Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:42 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OH S***, F*** and BOLLOX !!!!!!!!!!! now only one place above the drop and we're playing like complete donkeys !!! That's it we're gone ............................

And after 6 straight defeats and 1 sacked manager later,I can't see anything to change my mind. Well done Grimsbog, on current form they deserve to survive. I just hope that a season in the Blue Square Twilight Zone gives us the kick up the arse we need. :cry: :cry:
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

It ain't over yet Roger. Town still have to travel to Burton Albion and get a result whilst all your lot have to do is beat a team that's playing like plebs against all the lower teams.
Its going to be nail biting stuff.
These are the games that Sly Sports should be showing live....not some rubbish Premiership bibble. :lol:
AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by AxeBass »

Father Jack wrote:These are the games that Sly Sports should be showing live....not some rubbish Premiership bibble
Dont they sell a live GTFC season ticket then? :lol:

Roy Hodgson for Liverpool ? I think you can forget Jose now.
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

I don't think the gantry in the Findus Stand is capable of supporting camera's Andrew :lol: and if they were at pitch level they'd soon go for a walk.

I don't know who I'd have as a new Liverpool manager. Ive not had chance to look at Sly Sports News so I don't know what's appening with Mourinho. Is he going to Madrid ?? It wouldn't surprise me.
Roy Hodgson ?? Who knows. It could be Alan Buckley or Russell Slade for all I care at the moment, lol.
Anyhoo, time to set off for the pub to watch the cast of bread hand your lot the league title. :D ........and as much as I despise Chelski.... I hope you fuc*ing stuff us. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by AxeBass »

Well, you got your wish and we did stuff you. Plus that backpass will have the Mancs moaning for years :lol: :lol: :lol:

I said you won't get Jose because his win in the week probably put him beyond your reach. Thats not taking the piss, just stating that he now looks like what he has always believed himself to be - the worlds best manager.

Come on Bruce, you old road-killed faced, fat headed manc!!
crad
Creatures Of The Night (1982)

Post by crad »

Father Jack wrote:It ain't over yet Roger. Town still have to travel to Burton Albion and get a result whilst all your lot have to do is beat a team that's playing like plebs against all the lower teams.
Its going to be nail biting stuff.
These are the games that Sly Sports should be showing live....not some rubbish Premiership bibble. :lol:
There You go again with the negative waves lol i predicted a win for you last week and you'll have to wait till fri for next weeks prediction :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If offended please feel free to report me to your nearest MOD
Kev

Post by Kev »

York win marred by Luton violence

York City's Blue Square Premier play-off semi-final win at Luton Town was marred by on-pitch violence at the final whistle.

The game condemned Luton to another season of non-league football and a section of home fans appeared to throw missiles at the York players.

Striker Richard Brodie was apparently struck with a coin and the squad had to escape through the back of a stand.

Bedfordshire police were unavailable for comment.

"It is devastating to see what happened on the pitch," Luton chairman Nick Owen told Sky Sports News.

"The fans streamed to the York end where the York players were celebrating with their fans and it led to some bitter verbal confrontations.

"The way that the Luton supporters went after our players was quite animalistic "

York chairman Jason McGill

"There will be an investigation by us and the authorities but it does not look good for Luton Town at the moment. It is a very sad day."

BBC Radio York understands that the Football Association will review video evidence on Tuesday before commenting on the scenes.

No further comment will be made by the Football Conference until they receive a report of the investigation findings from the FA.

"I hope our players are OK and the supporters get home safely because it is a very intimidating atmosphere here," said York City chairman Jason McGill.

"I think the events on the pitch focus your mind because you worry about the safety of the players and your supporters.

"We need to see what the police report is and the referee's report is but I don't think I've experienced anything like it in my time at York City and I don't think since watching football.

"The way that the Luton supporters went after our players was quite animalistic and I think it was very, very dangerous."

Chris Carruthers' strike had earlier sealed York a 2-0 aggregate win to send them to the final where they will face Oxford on 16 May for a place in the Football League.

While York boss Martin Foyle was naturally delighted at his side's victory, he reserved praise for the way in which the post-match incident was handled.

"I was worried about my players' safety but fair play to the stewards who did a job and got them out through the police room," he said.

"It was quite scary. I haven't seen that for a long time in football."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disgraceful scenes at Luton,,Bristol Rovers ,,,be warned :D :D :D
ImageImageImageImage

(only my opinion,in no way am i insulting you....statement copyright of plugtwot)
Kev

Post by Kev »

York players were forced to cower at the back of a stand before being led to safety.

Police said they made seven arrests outside the Luton ground, after officers were attacked by fans wielding brooms and mops taken from a local DIY store.

:shock: :shock: :shock:proper tooled up are them lads :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImageImage

crad
Creatures Of The Night (1982)

Post by crad »

Frank my prediction is .......
Burton Albion 1 v Gimsby Town 2

Barnet 0 v Rochdale 2
Fingers xed .
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If offended please feel free to report me to your nearest MOD