Motorhead

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
thecatman
KISS (1974)

Motorhead

Post by thecatman »

Anybody seen them live,going to see them in derby in nov just wondering what to expect .
Ex infantry soldier and proud of it.
Pete

Re: Motorhead

Post by Pete »

thecatman wrote:Anybody seen them live,going to see them in derby in nov just wondering what to expect .

It'll be VERY LOUD!

SkinnyMartin's a big fan of 'head. He'll give you an indepth report on what expect when he's next online I'm sure.

Enjoy your show anyway/
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
MAIDENMAIDEN
Hotter Than Hell (1974)

Post by MAIDENMAIDEN »

Seen them sevaral times over the years, and they never fail to put on a good show.
My highlight was attending the 10th Birthday party at Hammy O, check out the DVD. 8)
Sour Mash
Unmasked (1980)

Post by Sour Mash »

Seen them loads first time at port vale when ozzy supported with randy Rhodes ..! Pluggy went too .. Danny..?!?..lol :D
saw them last tour .. Fantastic .. Worst I'd ever seen them was with Alice couple years back..
I'm doing Manchester in November...can't wait
IAN

http://kissoffline2012.forumotion.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dont Take Shit from anyone...ever....
Gene Simmons 1984..
grunge
Peter Criss (1978)
Location: Walsall, West Of The Midlands! Official KISS ARMY Member #1010 XBox Live: Oh4Q

Post by grunge »

I've seen them so many times - I go for the support bands now - The Damned last year and Saxon the year before.

I'm going to Wolvo again this year.

Motorhead never fail to deafen you either! - have few beers and soak it all up. Lemmy is a god!

"We are Motorhead and we play Rock 'n Roll"

Enjoy! :wink:
Danger You, Danger Me, Danger Mouse!
Shock Me - Put on your black SWEATER!

ImageImageImage ImageImage
Bay
Best Of The Solo Albums (1979)

Post by Bay »

Sour Mash wrote:Seen them loads first time at port vale when ozzy supported with randy Rhodes ..! Pluggy went too .. Danny..?!?..lol :D
saw them last tour .. Fantastic .. Worst I'd ever seen them was with Alice couple years back..
I'm doing Manchester in November...can't wait
I was there too! :D First saw Motorhead at the vic in Hanley, 78 or 79, or quite likely both, lol
A great live band.
ImageImageImageImage
thecatman
KISS (1974)

Post by thecatman »

Reason while i asked is did not know alot about lemmy and co untill i saw a documentary about motorhead/lemmy touring the uk on a tour bus it blew me away talk abut rock and roll,for breakfast its jack daniels and coke :shock: what a guy,it maybe a diffrent crowd who see motorhead from the likes of say kiss,jovi,gnr,i dont know anway downloaded some of the albums and they sound raw and heavy (good sound) looking forward to it thanks for the replys. :wink:
Ex infantry soldier and proud of it.
Pete

Post by Pete »

thecatman wrote:Reason while i asked is did not know alot about lemmy and co untill i saw a documentary about motorhead/lemmy touring the uk on a tour bus it blew me away talk abut rock and roll,for breakfast its jack daniels and coke :shock: what a guy,it maybe a diffrent crowd who see motorhead from the likes of say kiss,jovi,gnr,i dont know anway downloaded some of the albums and they sound raw and heavy (good sound) looking forward to it thanks for the replys. :wink:

Try and get a hold of Lemmy's Autobiography 'White Line Fever'. That's a great book. He's certainly lived a bit has our Lemmy... :shock:
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
MAIDENMAIDEN
Hotter Than Hell (1974)

Post by MAIDENMAIDEN »

The connection between Kiss and Motorhead = Sam Fox. :D
skinnymartin

Post by skinnymartin »

Pete wrote:
thecatman wrote:Anybody seen them live,going to see them in derby in nov just wondering what to expect .

It'll be VERY LOUD!

SkinnyMartin's a big fan of 'head. He'll give you an indepth report on what expect when he's next online I'm sure.

Enjoy your show anyway/
Motorhead are a balls to the wall hard rock band. Loud guitars, loud kick=ass drums and Lemmy doing a set of classic set of Motorhead toons plus the obligatory cover of a Ramones/Thin Lizzy/Sex Pistols track.

They are a great live act and, as has been said, they always have decent support acts too. I shall be going - for the nth time.
Martin Curtis BA (Hons) ELL (Open)
(status accurate from 3 August 2010)

A world without heroes
Is like a world without sun
You can't look up to anyone
Without heroes
Dan bach
Animalize (1984)

Post by Dan bach »

The 'Head .... good value for money .... loud as hell - but that's what you expect.

Only thing - they come round too often imho ... so I pick my years - last time 2002 with ' ThraX and then with Alice Cooper and then at Download & Arrow Rock 2008.

Only thing part two - not being nasty to a fellow Welshman - but Campbell seems to lack in the guitar department .... need to fill out with a second guitarist imho.
minikiss
KISS (1974)

Post by minikiss »

We go to watch the Head every year.Have a few beers bang your head and be deafened.What more could you ask for :D :D
BDJ87
Hotter Than Hell (1974)

Post by BDJ87 »

Great live band, one of the ones you need to see :)

Mikkey Dee is an absolute power house of a drummer too, check out his Sacrifice solo :twisted:

Met the guys when I went to go and see them, VERY cool, me and my friend were talking to Mikkey Dee for quite a while about Drums (I'm a Drummer) he was really interested and very helpful! Lemmys awesome too, will post pictures :lol:
w00dy

Post by w00dy »

BDJ87 wrote:Great live band, one of the ones you need to see :)

Mikkey Dee is an absolute power house of a drummer too, check out his Sacrifice solo :twisted:

Met the guys when I went to go and see them, VERY cool, me and my friend were talking to Mikkey Dee for quite a while about Drums (I'm a Drummer) he was really interested and very helpful! Lemmys awesome too, will post pictures :lol:
Good stuff mate.....what band are you in?
crad
Creatures Of The Night (1982)

Post by crad »

Seen them many times excellent live band,expect to here a buzzing for a couple of day's after thou very loud :lol: :lol:
If offended please feel free to report me to your nearest MOD