who have you met (famous) NSFW

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
thecatman
KISS (1974)

who have you met (famous) NSFW

Post by thecatman »

We are talking about meeting not about seeing, kiss not included,the best meet and greet gets a stick of skegness aniseed rock,the worst gets a unused pair of white briefs to do with what you wish,who is going to start us off. :)
Ex infantry soldier and proud of it.
Pete

Re: who have you met (famous)

Post by Pete »

thecatman wrote:We are talking about meeting not about seeing, kiss not included,the best meet and greet gets a stick of skegness aniseed rock,the worst gets a unused pair of white briefs to do with what you wish,who is going to start us off. :)

When I worked at the building society in Stockport, Radio One DJ Gary Davies came in and asked for directions to a rival building society.
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Karl
Gene Simmons (1978)

Post by Karl »

Bruce Dickinson & Adrian Smith from Maiden. The whole band stayed in Jersey a couple of times in the early 80's, where they wrote Piece of Mind and Powerslave.

Nigel Mansell, Derek Warwick & Andy Priaulx. All racing drivers living in the Channel Islands.

Harry Patterson. AKA Jack Higgins the author. Worked in his house.

John Nettles. AKA Bergerac. Also worked in his house.

Adam Ant. I watched my first gig sitting backstage at his gig.

Rick Parfitt. Used to live in Jersey for a brief time in the early 90's. Hence the Quo song Living on an Island.
Official Kiss Army member #1960
acesmiddlefinger
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by acesmiddlefinger »

Pete wrote:
thecatman wrote:We are talking about meeting not about seeing, kiss not included,the best meet and greet gets a stick of skegness aniseed rock,the worst gets a unused pair of white briefs to do with what you wish,who is going to start us off. :)

When I worked at the building society in Stockport, Radio One DJ Gary Davies came in and asked for directions to a rival building society.
Pete seriously thats scraping the barrell!!! :wink: :lol: :lol:

Richest bloke i ever met was Jack Walker,came to my house and bought it off me!!

Met a few celebrities in my time,never had a bad experience. My fave probably Bill Owen who plays Compo in LOTSW,he was really pleasant and had us in stitches whilst he was trying on wellies in a local shop.

There you go Pete i can scrape the barrell as well.... :D
'Who knows where we'll be in the morning,i know we're here tonight'
acesmiddlefinger
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by acesmiddlefinger »

Karl wrote:Bruce Dickinson & Adrian Smith from Maiden. The whole band stayed in Jersey a couple of times in the early 80's, where they wrote Piece of Mind and Powerslave.

Nigel Mansell, Derek Warwick & Andy Priaulx. All racing drivers living in the Channel Islands.

Harry Patterson. AKA Jack Higgins the author. Worked in his house.

John Nettles. AKA Bergerac. Also worked in his house.

Adam Ant. I watched my first gig sitting backstage at his gig.

Rick Parfitt. Used to live in Jersey for a brief time in the early 90's. Hence the Quo song Living on an Island.
As i was posting i was thinking wait till Karl gets here with all his millionaire stories!! :lol: :lol:
'Who knows where we'll be in the morning,i know we're here tonight'
kingjames1970
The Originals II (1978)

Post by kingjames1970 »

Jo Guest stopped me and asked for directions to a good hotel once. I offered to put her up at mine but she wasn't overly keen :lol: (Did I feck, I was like a spotty teen with a nervous laugh.)
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Hmm, lets see. Ive been lucky / unlucky enough to have have met the following people.
Elton John when he came to GTFC with Watford back in 1985. Top bloke !!
Gary Barlow at a music industry function another top bloke, a bit boss eyed though, lol.
Russ Ballad at the same function
jon Bon Jovi a few times, Leiciester 1984 & again at Heathrow in 1995
Steve Harris at a West Ham v GTFC game. We had a very long diuscussion about Bobby Moore, lol.
Janick Gers at Wembley last week England v Mexico
Paul Di Anno trying to stand up eating fish & chips outside a pub in Cleethorpes a few years back, drunken bum, what a disgrace, lol.
Sam Fox, ugly moose with a bad attitude
Blur, took the piss out of them when we played Estonia with them just as Country House went to #1. Malnourished gobby tossers !!
Biff Byford, toured in Europe as support for Saxon in 1994
Faith No More, again in Estonia
Smelly Bob Geldoff, again as above. Miserable tw@T and yes, he fuc*ing stinks !!!
Gene during rock School filming with DTK
Bruce again with DTK
Eric Singer at the Expo, and again in Australia at Hilary's seafood restaurant not long before the Expo
Jake E Lee, my band supported Badlands in Bradford many moons ago
Zakk Wylde, met him when he first joined Ozzy and came over to the UK to do an interview & photo shoot for Kerrap & again in Australia when he played the Metro in Perth.
Chick & Isa Scott (Bon Scott's parents)
Angry Anderson ( Rose Tattoo ) owns a huge pub in Fremantle that's just jammed full of Bon Scott memorablilia.
Mark St John Expo with DTK
Kenny Dalglish what a legend !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bobby Robson, what a total legend
and the greatest of them all.......ROLF HARRIS !!!!!!! :D
Frehley75

Post by Frehley75 »

Peter Beardsley, Wembley car park the day before the 1986 World Cup Final, six days after "Hand Of God" quarter final. Why were we at Wembley? Wham!'s last ever gig of course...Oh, what a day. :wink:
"Hi, I'm Rich Pelley. I'm on the guest list."

"Awopbopaloobop Alopbamboom"
Karl
Gene Simmons (1978)

Post by Karl »

acesmiddlefinger wrote:Richest bloke i ever met was Jack Walker

Forgot him, he used to live here too, nice bloke too
acesmiddlefinger wrote:As i was posting i was thinking wait till Karl gets here with all his millionaire stories!! :lol: :lol:
Cheeky bugger :lol:
Official Kiss Army member #1960
kissinuk
Administrator

Post by kissinuk »

Used to live next door to Pebble Mill, bumped into The Hoff and, er, Blanche from thr Golden Girls (RIP Rue Mcclanahan).... Scraping the barrel now!
Thayer 08

Post by Thayer 08 »

Best rock star meet was Jerry Only from the Misfits......

He was signing a Japanese action figure for someone and afterwards Jerry and I were talking about it. He asked me if I had one and I said they were too expensive for me. He took my address and actuallu mailed me one for free when he got back from the states.

Top bloke!

Biggest tw@T, Gene in NY in 2003 but he's redeemed himself since with that honour now going to Tracy Guns!

I'm trying to top that.

I guess meeting Joe Strummer about being 2 weeks before he died and being so pissed I can't remember it. I said the next day that I wish i'd met him and being told by my mate that I did and was hanging off him!

What about arguing with terrorvision about which was the best kiss album at HRH last year. Never has the 'C' word been used so many times in one debate!

Tom Baker is a top bloke. A true hero to any child of the 70's.

I've got a Lone Ranger silver bullet but he sent me that in the post with a signed photo years ago.

I think I'm going off on one now.........
Just play the bass you bell-end!!
Frehley75

Post by Frehley75 »

Bernie Clifton, sans Ostrich, outside a toilet on Newquay beach in 1986. Very late and he signed my stomach with a (thankfully non permanent) marker pen. :lol:
"Hi, I'm Rich Pelley. I'm on the guest list."

"Awopbopaloobop Alopbamboom"
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Benny from Crossroads whilst in Belfast. He was pissed as a twot in a hotel lift. :lol: And Frank Carson at the same hotel, what a great guy. Had me in tears for hours. :D
Oh, and Roy Walker, only because his arse of a son was the singer in the band I was in at the time. Nice bloke though.
Spooky_Von_Glitter
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Spooky_Von_Glitter »

Billy Idol
Lordi
Ville Valo
Jacoby Shaddix (several times)
Wednesday 13
Kid Kid (w13's bassist at time)
Joey Jordison
That guy from System with the long beard
The Glitterati
My Ruin (a few times)
Pretty boy floyd
That bloke from the Misfits
DJ Ashba (Sixx AM....grumpy fuc*er)
Keanu Reeves (Walked passed my shop, so i thought it was right i went to shout at him for abit)
Bowling for Soup
Ace Frehley
Eric Singer
Bill Aucoin
Doc Mcghee
Chris Jericho
Gene Louis (Bullets & Octane)
Christina Scabbia (Well, i didnt meet her... but told her to watch where the fu*k she was going after spilling my beer)
Taja thingy (Nightwish)
Sabaton
Dragonforce (many, many times)
Edguy
Buckcherry
Jussi 69

As for the best? They were all top, apart from Josh Todd, who was Rapey and DJ Ashba who was a grumpy little bitch. Jacoby shaddix still remains as one of the nicest (and hottest) blokes i've met though.

....Ergh... mind has gone blank now... :roll:
Derp de derp de diddly derp!
red starchild
Hotter Than Hell (1974)

Post by red starchild »

met and ran with steve ovett back in the day!!lol
michael owen
ole solskaer
robbie fowler
andy cole
kevin from coronation street in florida, complete with tash!!!
such a list :lol: