World Cup 2010 Thread

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
thecatman
KISS (1974)

Re: World Cup 2010 Thread

Post by thecatman »

David james in goal,what does that say fatherjack : :shock: iam no england manager nor want to be,i was bought up on win ,win, win dont want to be eddie the eagle or frank bruno,i dont do losing or second best.
Ex infantry soldier and proud of it.
thecatman
KISS (1974)

Post by thecatman »

Ps i dont do cricket.
Acebwfc66
Rock And Roll Over (1976)

Post by Acebwfc66 »

90 mins of my life I will never get back.
Roger H
Best Of The Solo Albums (1979)

Post by Roger H »

WE'RE SHIT AND WE KNOW WE ARE, WE'RE SHIT AND WE KNOW WE ARE !!!!!!!!!.....................................etc etc. :mad: :mad: :mad:
Kev

Post by Kev »

First Phase Group F Matches
Date Match Score Venue Attendance
11-Jun-1990 England 1 Republic of Ireland 1
16-Jun-1990 England 0 Netherlands 0
21-Jun-1990 England 1 Egypt 0

Italia 90 first round games, here we go again, COME ON ENGLAND :D
ImageImageImageImage

(only my opinion,in no way am i insulting you....statement copyright of plugtwot)
fried alive
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by fried alive »

"Give a hungry african £2 and wot does he do..... buy a f*****g trumpet!!!!!!"
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

thecatman wrote:David james in goal,what does that say fatherjack : :shock: iam no england manager nor want to be,i was bought up on win ,win, win dont want to be eddie the eagle or frank bruno,i dont do losing or second best.
May I take this opportunity to appologise to you, as after last night I can no longer defend the way we play. That was without doubt THE worst performance I can remember from an England team in the 30+ years Ive watched them.
I too believe in win, win, win (the German ethic of not competing unless your victorious) and I just can't fathom or put words to what I watched last night. Not one single player made any effort to play their game or deliver for their country. Even Eddie the Eagle would have had more idea's how to score against a second rate bunch of glorified Sunday afternoon footballers.
Rooney looks as though he's still carrying his ankle injury.
Lennon might as well have been right back he played so far behind Johnson.
Ashley Cole didn't attempt to get forward (or make any of the usual overlapping runs he does) more than once to my recollection.
Gerrard looked lost
As a team we were stagnant, clueless, frightened of changing the formation and devoid of any ideas whatsoever and in a game which in all reality we should have walked to an easy 5-0 victory in.
Its yet again going to be a major uphill battle to qualify. Its like Italia 90 all over again. I can't see the States not scoring agianst Algeria and as things are looking, I can't see us ever scoring against Slovenia.
Franz Beckenbauher is right after all, we are shit !!
Last edited by Father Jack on Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

fried alive wrote:"Give a hungry african £2 and wot does he do..... buy a f*****g trumpet!!!!!!"
Give an Algerian footballer £2.00 and what does he do ???
Plays a fuc*ing blinder and makes a mockery of England !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
acesmiddlefinger
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by acesmiddlefinger »

Father Jack wrote:
thecatman wrote:David james in goal,what does that say fatherjack : :shock: iam no england manager nor want to be,i was bought up on win ,win, win dont want to be eddie the eagle or frank bruno,i dont do losing or second best.
May I take this opportunity to appologise to you, as after last night I can no longer defend the way we play. That was without doubt THE worst performance I can remember from an England team in the 30+ years Ive watched them.
I too believe in win, win, win (the German ethic of not competing unless your victorious) and I just can't fathom or put words to what I watched last night. Not one single player made any effort to play their game or deliver for their country. Even Eddie the Eagle would have had more idea's how to score against a second rate bunch of glorified Sunday afternoon footballers.
Rooney looks as though he's still carrying his ankle injury.
Lennon might as well have been right back he played so far behind Johnson.
Ashley Cole didn't attempt to get forward (or make any of the usual overlapping runs he does) more than once to my recollection.
Gerrard looked lost
As a team we were stagnant, clueless, frightened of changing the formation and devoid of any ideas whatsoever and in a game which in all reality we should have walked to an easy 5-0 victory in.
Its yet again going to be a major uphill battle to qualify. Its like Italia 90 all over again. I can't see the States not scoring agianst Algeria and as things are looking, I can't see us ever scoring against Slovenia.
Franz Beckenbauher is right after all, we are shit !!

Pathetic...Not going to give up when your country needs you most are you?? :lol: :lol:

That was just awful,the manager has a lot to answer for,playing players out of position and playing Heskey,the guy has and never will be an England goalscorer. The biggest mystery is Rooney,last night his touch just seemed to desert him,the wife can control herself better!! :wink: I still dont understand why we dont have a left sided midfielder in the squad,we need a proper player there someone of the Ryan Giggs mould,who knows how to and regularly plays the postion week in week out..
Our inability to keep the ball has always concerned me and it was galling seeing how comfortable the Algerians(yes thats Algerians) were on the ball.I never believed we had enough quality to win this World Cup and sadly i still do,its a shame because after the first round of games nobody looked too convincing.Im scratching my head wondering what the players do in training between games because it doesnt look like they pass the bloody ball to each other.
What odds on us going on home next Wednesday!!

Argie v Spain final..... :lol:
'Who knows where we'll be in the morning,i know we're here tonight'
thecatman
KISS (1974)

Post by thecatman »

Well written fatherjack :wink:
Kev

Post by Kev »

:D moan ,moan, moan,moan,just to cheer you all up isn't there a budget next week :D :D
ImageImageImageImage

(only my opinion,in no way am i insulting you....statement copyright of plugtwot)
Pete

Post by Pete »

Well I enjoyed the game last night.

Few beers, sat with good friends in my local having a few beers...forgot the game was even on at times...

Let's see what happens against Slovenia...
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Roger H

Post by Roger H »

Kev wrote:First Phase Group F Matches
Date Match Score Venue Attendance
11-Jun-1990 England 1 Republic of Ireland 1
16-Jun-1990 England 0 Netherlands 0
21-Jun-1990 England 1 Egypt 0

Italia 90 first round games, here we go again, COME ON ENGLAND :D
I admire your optimism and I hope your right, but my respiratory system will not be in a suspended state !!!! :wink: ..............................................
Oh go on then..........................C'MON ENGLAND !!!!! PLEASE WAKE UP !!!!!!!!!
Bay

Post by Bay »

I only found out yesterday that Hesky is a striker! The more football i watch, the less i understand it... :?
ImageImageImageImage
Pete

Post by Pete »

Bay wrote:I only found out yesterday that Hesky is a striker! The more football i watch, the less i understand it... :?

Don't watch England as that ain't football! :shock: :lol: :(

Try watching Argentina, Brazil...
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)