Anyone fancy a gig next Friday?

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
djash
The Originals (1976)

Anyone fancy a gig next Friday?

Post by djash »

Hi Guys,
I haven't mentioned it until now as I was waiting for the right time to tell you all now the Sonic Boom UK tour is over. I know it isnt necessarily KISS related but I hope you don't mind.

Some of you may know but since Januray I have started playing in my very own Tribute band. Not to KISS but to ACDC. We are called BLACK ICE, and we are tribute to both the Bon Scott and Brian Johnson era's of ACDC.

The thing that makes it special is that it's a family formed band with myself Ash Robertson on bass, my 18 year old brother Elliott Robertson on drums, my Dad Mike Robertson as Brian Johnson on vocals. My Uncle Gary Robertson plays Angus Young on lead guitar and my uncle's friend Andy Stringer takes up rhythm guitar.

You can check us out at http://www.myspace.com/blackiceacdc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can also view some clips from a recent DVD we had shot of us playin The Studio In Hartlepool:-
http://www.youtube.com/acdcblackicetribute" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We are playing a fantastic gig in Durham at the brand new 800 capacity DURHAM LIVE LOUNGE! on Friday 2nd July.
Doors open at approx 8pm with a Motley Crue style tribute band supporting.

The venue is on 15 North Road, Durham used to be Walkabout and it's nearby weatherspoons and The Head Of Steam.

If anyone can make it you are all welcome to come along and see us. We wont be on stage till 10pm

We even have the train video the real ACDC use for the entrance to come on stage too!

If anyone can make it please do let me know! Would be great to see you there. I promise you an awesome night of ACDC rock n roll!

I have included a video of us playing for you to get a sneak peak! Hope you enjoy!

Cheers guys

Rock on!

Ash :-)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm3_dDvEo0w[/youtube]
Pete

Re: Anyone fancy a gig next Friday?

Post by Pete »

Moved. :wink: :)
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
nicksmithworld
Killers (1982)
Location: Wolverhampton "You are the rock'n'roll capital of the World!"

Post by nicksmithworld »

KISS FAMILY ROBINSON? :shock: :D :D :D
feel free to feel offended, cyber-bullied, put out, outside of the clique, side-lined, marginalised or just generally have the piss taken out of. However it's a JOKE!-Nick's Mirth World!
Mr.Spireite
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Mr.Spireite »

I don't think the youtube footage does them any favours tbh.

Average, but I supsect theya re new to this.
djash
The Originals (1976)

Post by djash »

Well that DVD was shot on our second gig ever. So we have come a long way since then. We've actually only been on the go since December so not that long really. If you come and see us on Friday I think you will be impressed with our sound considering we haven't been on the go that long. Been given the opportunity to play an 800 capacity venue is pretty awesome so they obviously believe in us. Hope you are able to come down. I will buy a beer if you do! lol
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

You'd be lucky Ash, Mr Spirite is about as likely to come see you play in Durham as Plug is as likely to watch you playing in his back garden. :lol:
Kev

Post by Kev »

Father Jack wrote:You'd be lucky Ash, Mr Spirite is about as likely to come see you play in Durham as Plug is as likely to watch you playing in his back garden. :lol:

:shock: ARSE ,ARSE, ARSE...

Good job ASH, ya cant beat a bit of DC :D
ImageImageImageImage

(only my opinion,in no way am i insulting you....statement copyright of plugtwot)
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Good luck with the band Ash. If I can get to see you at some point I will mate.
As young plug says, you can't beat a bit of DC !!
Dan bach
Animalize (1984)

Post by Dan bach »

Ash, good luck with the band.

I'm down in Cardiff with work this Friday.
Keep us informed of your progress.
Gojira1975
Gene Simmons (1978)

Post by Gojira1975 »

You need to get a wig for "Angus" and tell him to move around alot more.

.....and fire the singer.
DEATH TO FALSE METAL
djash
The Originals (1976)

Post by djash »

Gojira1975 wrote:You need to get a wig for "Angus" and tell him to move around alot more.

Ha Ha lol Angus did have a wig originally lol.

I'm not firing the singer! Its my bloody DAD man ! lol I am going to be taking over singing in 15 years time though lol
Gojira1975
Gene Simmons (1978)

Post by Gojira1975 »

djash wrote:
Gojira1975 wrote:You need to get a wig for "Angus" and tell him to move around alot more.

Ha Ha lol Angus did have a wig originally lol.

I'm not firing the singer! Its my bloody DAD man ! lol I am going to be taking over singing in 15 years time though lol
Ha! Yeah, could make it a little difficult.

:lol:
DEATH TO FALSE METAL
Sour Mash
Unmasked (1980)

Post by Sour Mash »

Good luck mate, I'll check yous out sometime..

You have taken a bit of criticism,, right or wrongly it's all just opinions, but you've impressed me immensly with the way you reataliated, respect young chap....

Best of luck with the band
IAN

http://kissoffline2012.forumotion.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dont Take Shit from anyone...ever....
Gene Simmons 1984..
kingjames1970
The Originals II (1978)

Post by kingjames1970 »

Good luck with the gig - enjoyed that! :D
djash
The Originals (1976)

Post by djash »

Sour Mash wrote:Good luck mate, I'll check yous out sometime..

You have taken a bit of criticism,, right or wrongly it's all just opinions, but you've impressed me immensly with the way you reataliated, respect young chap....

Best of luck with the band
Hi Ian, thanks for the comment. Gig went down brilliantly on Friday, check out photos on our facebook page:- http://www.facebook.com/pages/ACDC-Blac ... 351?v=wall" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Angus was running about all over the place jumping on and off tables etc spinning around on the floor as was my Dad! . The crowd were really up for it.

The next gig we are doing is headlining the Kenny Fest at the Independent in Sunderland on 25th September. Check out the lineup at :- http://www.kennyfest.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If anyone can make it down that would be great!

Cheers guys

Ash :-)