Wembley Show Reports Thread (Thu 13th)

Please post all your show reports and pictures here!
The Hendon Kiss Army
Ace Frehley (1978)

Re: Wembley Show Reports Thread (Thu 13th)

Postby The Hendon Kiss Army » Sat May 15, 2010 9:20 am

mark made me laugh on the phone. he said he enjoyed the Meet and Greet best. I said you didn't do that to which he said the real meet and Greet was in The Sports Bar on Thursday with the Kissinuk Army and loads more beside. how Spot on :D

markunderwood
Dressed To Kill (1975)

Postby markunderwood » Sat May 15, 2010 10:31 am

Heartily concur with that. Great to catch up with HKA and the Real Hendon Kiss Army. The former was on great form wielding his pink inflatable strat, whilst the latter worked himself up into such a frenzy that he was topless fairly early on. Just another excuse to flash his tats in my opinion. Great to meet up with all the KIUK'ers in the Sports Bar beforehand - Mr Majester, Skinny Martin etc - and let's hope we won't have to wait too long to do it all again. Heading off to Wembley Stadium shortly, but I doubt it'll be a patch on my Thursday night experience at the Arena. It's only been my 5th gig in 30 years, but easily my favourite.

RippingFleshFromBone
Dynasty (1979)

Postby RippingFleshFromBone » Sat May 15, 2010 2:22 pm

ACK!...It's Rock 'n' Roll!!

ACE4EVER
KISS (1974)

Postby ACE4EVER » Sun May 16, 2010 10:14 pm

Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Postby Father Jack » Mon May 17, 2010 5:21 am

What a very thoughtful generous gesture. Well done sir.

Arisia
KISS (1974)

Postby Arisia » Mon May 17, 2010 7:12 pm

IcemanKeith
Hotter Than Hell (1974)

Postby IcemanKeith » Mon May 17, 2010 8:48 pm

Excellent T-Shirt design mate!!!

Ben Hartmann
KISS (1974)

Postby Ben Hartmann » Tue May 18, 2010 5:12 pm

PhoeniX PhiL
The Originals (1976)

Postby PhoeniX PhiL » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:31 pm

Apologies for the delay in getting this up... work abnned access to the site for a while but it's finally back up and running during the 9 - 5....

"13th of May was fantastic! I went along with my wife (who is largely indifferent to their music) and we were standing sort of near Paul's second stage. The new Google Earth intro was excellent... really cheesy and OTT but very exciting.

Early on I was worried as the people standing near us were largely static during MDD and Cold Gin (I think i had been spoiled by being at the rapturous Islington gig) and didn't really wake up until the jam outro of LMGRnR.

Bizarrely it was Say Yeah that really got the crowd around us up and going - it was really treated like a new hit, then when they showed the first album's cover on screen I felt a ripple of excitement pass over the crowd which turned in fist pumping mania as Deuce kicked in.

Crazy Crazy Nights really got the whole of the audience on side though - putting this song back in the set list for the UK fans is one of the smartest moves the band has made in terms of cementing their reputation in the UK. It was slightly spoiled by some Shoreditch type stumbling all over the place with his camera phone filming himself singing along to it (I don't mean bouncing which is fine I mean drunkenly stumbling into people with his elbow out)... he left straight after the song had finished so I'm guessing it was the only song he knew.

The momentum from CCN continued through Calling Dr. Love and also Shock Me (which went down a storm around us with people singing along word for word). The guitar / drum solo reboot was AWESOME... Tommy and Eric have really found a way to re-invent that part of the show for modern audiences plus it also increases their profile as equal members.

I thought I'm An Animal was a great addition and held up surprisingly well against the classics plus I loved Paul's campy intro of "We're going to slow things down.. but it's still gonna be tough!" Pure Starchild! The new slim lined 100,000 Years sounds a lot fresher without the drum solo and the (possibly Islington influenced) "whoah-oh oh oh" audience participation bit over the solo has breathed new life into Detroit Rock City. I wasn't expecting to hear an arena of people sing a guitar solo and it still makes my spine tingle when I think back to it. Whole Lotta Love / Black Diamond was similarly inspired and hungry... I cant believe I wrote this band off back in 2000. I love Ace and Peter but I mean, this gig was a galaxy away compared to the tired old band who recorded things like the Millennium concert.

The encores were surreally good.. I can barely remember them. The crowd were truly rev'd up by this point... Lick It Up got one of the biggest reactions of the night which surprised me. Paul flying over my head and prancing around on a podium singing I Was Made For Lovin' You was truly a fantastic moment in my Kiss-fandom... it was so mind-meltingly fantastic that after that, GGrnRTY & RnRAN were just one big fuzzy grinning from ear to ear singalong.

A fantastic night and although my wife still isnt a fan of their music she said it was a lot better than she expected and admitted on the way that they made a lot of bands look extremely boring."

RippingFleshFromBone
Dynasty (1979)

Postby RippingFleshFromBone » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:19 am

ACK!...It's Rock 'n' Roll!!

MrBlackwell
Alive II (1977)

Postby MrBlackwell » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:08 pm

The one thing I was disgusted about with the Wembley gig was the amounts of plastic containers of beer/pee that were constantly thrown. I was at B/Ham and Manc too and neither were this bad for things being thrown :?
High Priest of Kisstianity.

Return to “2010 Sonic Boom Over Europe Reports”