For anyone that's interested...(G'n'R tour dates)

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
skinnymartin

Re: For anyone that's interested...(G'n'R tour dates)

Post by skinnymartin »

I watched a bit earlier this week. Shockingly bad.
Martin Curtis BA (Hons) ELL (Open)
(status accurate from 3 August 2010)

A world without heroes
Is like a world without sun
You can't look up to anyone
Without heroes
highvoltage1969
The Originals II (1978)

Post by highvoltage1969 »

the amount of booing on that clip is incredible. What's even more so is the fact the place looks packed, I mean, he's still getting booked for festivals and playing to large crowds (1st 02 date sold out) and yet they (he) seems universally hated. I was offered a free ticket for the O2 and part of me only wants to go to see someone throw their pint at him. Is that bad? :?
Pete

Post by Pete »

highvoltage1969 wrote: was offered a free ticket for the O2 and part of me only wants to go to see someone throw their pint at him. Is that bad? :?
Nope. Not where Axl is concerned!
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Pete

Post by Pete »

From Blabbermouth.net
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=145604" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Former SKID ROW singer Sebastian Bach was interviewed on the August 31, 2010 edition of "The Danny Bonaduce Show" on the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania radio station 94 WYSP. The chat is now available for streaming using the audio player below.

During the interview, Sebastian spoke briefly about how GUNS N' ROSES singer — and Bach's close friend and frequent tourmate — Axl Rose is often being portrayed unfavorably by the media. "Nobody has helped me more in the music industry than Axl Rose," Sebastian said.

"Everybody has all these theories as to why he acts the way he acts," Bach continued. "And there's no big mystery. He tells me the source of all of the insanity — it's his voice. It's his job to sing like that, and sometimes that sound is hard for him. And a lot of singers, you know... To sing in that range is just not an easy thing to do. And he does what he can, and if it takes him forty-five more minutes to warm up his pipes so he can sing 'Sweet Child O' Mine'... I mean, you drive around in your car and put on GUNS N' ROSES and just go for it. [Laughs]"

Bach will support GUNS N' ROSES on a U.K. tour in October.

The singer recently posted 100 new photographs, including shots from the set of JOHN RICH's video shoot for his new single, "Country Done Come To Town", and pictures from Bach's recent trip to Norway to perform at the Norway Rock festival.

Bach is currently working on material for his next solo album, which he expects to release sometime in 2011.

Although nothing has been confirmed yet, Sebastian's new CD will likely be made available through Sony Music in Japan.

Bach's current solo band includes guitarists Nick Sterling and Johnny Chromatic, drummer Bobby Jarzombek and bassist Rob DeLuca.

Sebastian last year collaborated with HATEBREED frontman Jamey Jasta on several tracks for Bach's new solo album, with Nick and Charlie Bellmore of the Connecticut band PHANTOMS assisting during the pre-production process. The singer has also written material with John 5 (ROB ZOMBIE, MARILYN MANSON).

So now we know why Axl is always late on stage can anyone here suggest how he could rectify this issue? :roll:
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Mr.Spireite
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Mr.Spireite »

Pete wrote:From Blabbermouth.net
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=145604" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

it's his voice. It's his job to sing like that, and sometimes that sound is hard for him. And a lot of singers, you know... To sing in that range is just not an easy thing to do. And he does what he can, and if it takes him forty-five more minutes to warm up his pipes so he can sing 'Sweet Child O' Mine'... I mean, you drive around in your car and put on GUNS N' ROSES and just go for it. [Laughs]"

Ok, fair enough, just start warming up earlier if that's the case :roll:
PyroMessiah86

Post by PyroMessiah86 »

Seb Bach is so far up Axl's ass I'm surprised he had time to see daylight and record 'Angel Down' and tour it. Heard his voice live recently?? Listened to 'Youth Gone Wild' from a recent show....the chorus was painful. :shock:
Pete

Post by Pete »

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news ... his-rider/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Metallica’s James Hetfield – who famously mocked Guns N’ Roses’ backstage requirements back in the 90s – has discovered that Guns frontman Axl Rose now has a bed on his rider.

During an interview with Triple J in Australia, Metallica’s guitarist/vocalist was shown a copy Guns’ current rider – which now includes a bed!

“A bed? That’s pretty amazing. So he sleeps at the gig,” Hetfield said when asked to read out the rider.

Nevertheless, Hetfield said he “kind of” had respect for the singer, despite the fact he is touring as Guns N’ Roses without any of the band’s other original members.

“I’ve got nothing against Guns N’ Roses,” Hetfield said. “I mean, he’s doing what he wants to do at this point.

“I don’t know if there’s much ‘Guns’ or ‘Roses’ in any of that, but it’s Axl, and he is Axl and he has not changed or waned one bit, and I kind of respect that.”

Meanwhile, former Guns drummer Steve Adler has unsurprisingly branded Axl “a nutball”.

Blabbermouth reports that the tub-thumper was asked what Axl’s motivation is in keeping GN’R going with musicians who weren’t part of the classic line-up.

Adler replied:

“You know what?! I don’t even know. I don’t fuc*ing even know. He’s insane – that’s it. The bottom line – the fuc*er’s insane. I said it. OK, fine, fu*k me. I said it – he’s insane. I try and try to be fuc*ing so cool about him… I swear to God, he’s a nutball.”
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Pete

Post by Pete »

http://www.rockradio.co.uk/manchester/r ... /s8hlyl64/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The man who helped make legends out of Guns n’Roses has listed the three main mistakes singer Axl Rose has made since taking over the band.

Alan Niven managed GnR through their early days and remained on board until Rose fired him and took over the band, forcing the members to sign their name rights to him.

Now the manager says Rose made three critical errors over his Chinese Democracy album, which has resulted in a negative attitude from former followers. And he says the current GnR is “an insult” to the band who recorded Appetite for Destruction.

Niven tells BraveWords: “Axl made two huge mistakes: one was releasing it and the other was working with manager Irving Azoff.

“I’d have done everything in my power to make sure Chinese Democracy was something people always talked about and wondered about – but never got to completely hear.

“Recording went on for so long, there was no way in hell the record was going to meet expectations. Before its release it was a myth.

“But Irving wanted to get it out of the way because he wanted a reunion. I doubt he was motivated to see it successful – he essentially got paid for its release, not its performance. The release was done purely for financial reasons. I don’t think Irving ever understood the unlikelihood of that reunion taking place; of how deep feelings run.”

The third mistake, Niven says, is that Chinese Democracy material was allowed to leak: “Axl should have made sure to keep all tapes and discs under lock and key. Then he could have released the occasional track and he could have worked them live for another ten years. That would have been more mysterious, more fascinating.”

Reflecting on the classic lineup’s climb to fame, Niven says the band effectively ended in 1990 when they played their final show with drummer Steven Adler – and he says Rose’s current band is a poor substitute for the real thing.

“The first thing Axl did after he fired me was to have the band sign over the name to him. I think we’re looking at coercion, unpleasantness and meanness of spirit that elicits a negative response when people see a Guns n’Roses banner.

“It’s exacerbated by a Slash lookalike who’s doing the same moves and wearing a top-hat. There’s a guy who looks similar in haircut and body language to Izzy Stradlin. You look at the bass player and think, ‘That’s the closest they could get to Duff.’

“I think it’s a tremendous deceit on Axl’s part – it’s an insult to the people who made Guns n’Roses what it was. I think it’s foolish to do, and it’s foolish for an audience to accept it. Axl has every right to perform what he wishes with whomever he wishes. What I cannot digest is that he states he is Guns n’Roses. On his own, he is not.”

In the full interview ( http://www.rockradio.co.uk/manchester/e ... es/1000820" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ) Niven also says that Velvet Revolver made an “unfortunate compromise” in choosing Scott Weiland to front the band; and that Great White have never done enough for the families of victims who died in a club fire they accidentally started in 2003

Wonder what this fella thinks of the current Kiss line up then?
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
dtkdemongene
Music From "The Elder" (1981)

Post by dtkdemongene »

Pete wrote:Wonder what this fella thinks of the current Kiss line up then?
He probably wishes he was their Manager!!
Live the KISS experience with the World's longest running/Europe's #1 KISS Tribute Band 'Dressed To Kill'.
http://www.dressedtokill.org.uk
http://www.myspace.com/kisstributeuk
The PERSONAL choice of Gene Simmons - "Accept NO substitutes!"
Pete

Post by Pete »

So has anyone here been to see G 'n' R on this tour? How late on stage have they been, and was it worth the money?
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
PyroMessiah86

Post by PyroMessiah86 »

I have a friend who went the othe night, apparently they've been late on anything between 1-2hours on most of the recent gigs. Also there was a sign up as you go in saying 'This event may run late into the night' :roll: :lol: :roll:
crad
Creatures Of The Night (1982)

Post by crad »

A costly few hours
Promoters of last week’s two Guns N’ Roses shows at the O2 Arena in London are bracing themselves for a hefty fine.

Because the band overran the 11pm curfew on both night, amounting to a total of three hours – a fine from the local council is almost inevitable. Based on the fact that when Lady GaGa went 25 minutes past the curfew earlier this year, they were fined £400 per minute, this time the fine could reach £72,000.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If offended please feel free to report me to your nearest MOD
neilramone
Destroyer (1976)

Post by neilramone »

:D Saw 'em Brum LG Arena Sunday Nite,
Went with an open mind not really xpecting it to be much cop,
It was brilliant,Axl was on form Vocally and Moodwise,
Worth every penny just to hear "Your'e in the Jungle Baby,,,,,,,and your'e gonna Die" in that Axl wail.!!!!
The band were tight as ,DJ Ashba was the pick for me.
Came on at 10 pm, 1hour and 15 late,
Finished at just after midnite ,was it worth the wait??? Helll Yeah it truly was !!!

Seb Bach for me was awesome too .
Rock And Roll Over (1976)

Post by Acebwfc66 »

At the MEN arena Axl & co came on at 10.30pm and went off at 1.15am.............................I got home at 2am then had to get up again at 6am for work.

It was a good show and he put a lot of effort in, but friggin hell it was a marathon, not worked out if it was worth all that waiting, but the crowd were booing before he came on then cheered straight away so he will never learn.