High Voltage Festival 2011

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
dtkdemongene
Music From "The Elder" (1981)

High Voltage Festival 2011

Post by dtkdemongene »

Headliners are Judas Priest and Dream Theater....

How underwhelming.... :?
Live the KISS experience with the World's longest running/Europe's #1 KISS Tribute Band 'Dressed To Kill'.
http://www.dressedtokill.org.uk
http://www.myspace.com/kisstributeuk
The PERSONAL choice of Gene Simmons - "Accept NO substitutes!"
frontier(s)
Alive II (1977)

Re: High Voltage Festival 2011

Post by frontier(s) »

What with this and the Download announcement, I can see myself saving a quite tidy sum of money next summer.
dtkdemongene
Music From "The Elder" (1981)

Post by dtkdemongene »

They should've got KISS, Van Halen, Ozzy, Scorpions, Journey or similar to headline.

Just need to hope that the rest of the bill has decent stuff like Black Country Communion, Styx, REO, Skynyrd, Kansas, Within Temptation etc etc...
Live the KISS experience with the World's longest running/Europe's #1 KISS Tribute Band 'Dressed To Kill'.
http://www.dressedtokill.org.uk
http://www.myspace.com/kisstributeuk
The PERSONAL choice of Gene Simmons - "Accept NO substitutes!"
frontier(s)
Alive II (1977)

Post by frontier(s) »

Imagine that, Van Halen headline Saturday, Kiss headline Sunday (and a day-off on Monday :D)

Get WASP and Cinderella on the undercard and I'd be literally throwing my money, debit card and property deeds at them!
Ray The Tongue
Alive II (1977)

Post by Ray The Tongue »

Something people don't think about is the amount of bands who price themselves or just turn promotors down! Kiss by all accounts were dangling a carrot to high voltage last year then bailed? Priest are very sluggish on stage these days but I am a fan. You can't please everyone I bet if journey or whitesnake had headlined people would moan. Yeah kiss would have been awesome but these room for more good music :)
http://www.facebook.com/raymond.paul.bionic" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pete

Post by Pete »

Ray The Tongue wrote:Something people don't think about is the amount of bands who price themselves or just turn promotors down! Kiss by all accounts were dangling a carrot to high voltage last year then bailed? Priest are very sluggish on stage these days but I am a fan. You can't please everyone I bet if journey or whitesnake had headlined people would moan. Yeah kiss would have been awesome but these room for more good music :)
I think this is the reason Van Halen are unlikely to appear at any major festivals...
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Ray The Tongue
Alive II (1977)

Post by Ray The Tongue »

Pete wrote:
Ray The Tongue wrote:Something people don't think about is the amount of bands who price themselves or just turn promotors down! Kiss by all accounts were dangling a carrot to high voltage last year then bailed? Priest are very sluggish on stage these days but I am a fan. You can't please everyone I bet if journey or whitesnake had headlined people would moan. Yeah kiss would have been awesome but these room for more good music :)
I think this is the reason Van Halen are unlikely to appear
at any major festivals...
Your right there, acts like nightranger,pat benatar, bob seger, sammy Hagar would all be greatbut the costs would be to much unless they are doing a European tour. By all accounts high voltage lost money last year so I would imagine they have tight budget. With this being the-last chance to see priest having them at HV
Makes sense as you get more for your money with the other acts :)
http://www.facebook.com/raymond.paul.bionic" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dan bach
Animalize (1984)

Post by Dan bach »

Ray The Tongue wrote:
Pete wrote:
I think this is the reason Van Halen are unlikely to appear
at any major festivals...
Your right there, acts like nightranger,pat benatar, bob seger, sammy Hagar would all be greatbut the costs would be to much unless they are doing a European tour. By all accounts high voltage lost money last year so I would imagine they have tight budget. With this being the-last chance to see priest having them at HV
Makes sense as you get more for your money with the other acts :)
Peter my dear friend - you are too young remember - Van Halen Donington '84 went down very, very well and Dave Lee Roth at Donington '88 stole the show (for me) from KISS and Maiden.

Ray the Tongue - I can see your point(s) - but for me personally - there were no bands that interested me at HV 2010 festival. Also being 200 miles ish from good olde London town - car and/or train and accom costs would have added to the trip.

I think I'll wait until all festivals have announced their lineups and then decide. If the rumoured Big Thrash 4 happens at Sonisphere - that take priority over everything.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Dan bach wrote: Peter my dear friend - you are too young remember - Van Halen Donington '84 went down very, very well and Dave Lee Roth at Donington '88 stole the show (for me) from KISS and Maiden.

Ray the Tongue - I can see your point(s) - but for me personally - there were no bands that interested me at HV 2010 festival. Also being 200 miles ish from good olde London town - car and/or train and accom costs would have added to the trip.

I think I'll wait until all festivals have announced their lineups and then decide. If the rumoured Big Thrash 4 happens at Sonisphere - that take priority over everything.

Dan, Sir.
I totally understand what your saying, I just think VH will price themselves out of a UK festival appearance. I would happily be proven wrong though. :D

The problem these days is there are too many 'weekend' festivals that are all competing for the same bands... Reading/Leeds, V fest, T in the park, Download, Sonisphere, High Voltage, Hard Rock Calling, Glastonbury...
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Dan bach
Animalize (1984)

Post by Dan bach »

Pete wrote:
Dan bach wrote: Peter my dear friend - you are too young remember - Van Halen Donington '84 went down very, very well and Dave Lee Roth at Donington '88 stole the show (for me) from KISS and Maiden.

Dan, Sir.

The problem these days is there are too many 'weekend' festivals that are all competing for the same bands... Reading/Leeds, V fest, T in the park, Download, Sonisphere, High Voltage, Hard Rock Calling, Glastonbury...
You've nailed it in one - 180 style.

They are all in the space of about 2 and 1/2 months. Obviously outdoor shows are limited regarding weather and daylight parameters. But if they could space them out more - I'd be prepared to attend more - spread the initial cost of tickets and the actual "on the day"/"on the weekend" costs.