Judas Priest Farewell Tour

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
PyroMessiah86

Judas Priest Farewell Tour

Post by PyroMessiah86 »

Full Story Here : http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=150501" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:shock: Didn't see this coming....

After storming the world for nearly 40 years and taking its very special brand of heavy metal to all four corners of the planet, JUDAS PRIEST — one of the most influential heavy metal bands of all time — has announced plans to embark on a final world tour. However, the mighty PRIEST will certainly be going out strong as they rock the planet starting in 2011 on the massive "Epitaph" tour — hitting all the major cities throughout the world where they will be playing the songs that helped make the name JUDAS PRIEST synonymous with heavy metal!

With all guns blazing and amps cranked to eleven, the band will be giving all its fans one last chance to witness the ultimate metal experience that is JUDAS PRIEST!

JUDAS PRIEST will be starting its world tour in Europe and has just confirmed the following festivals for 2011:

Jun. 09 - Sweden Rock Festival, Sölvesborg, Sweden
Jun. 11 - Sauna Open Air, Tampere, Finland
Jun. 17 - Copenhell Festival, Copenhagen, Denmark
Jun. 19 - Hellfest, Clisson, France
Jun. 22 - Gods of Metal, Milan, Italy
Jun. 25 - Graspop Metal Meeting, Dessel, Belgium
Jul. 23 - High Voltage, London, UK
Aug. 05 - Wacken Open Air, Wacken, Germany
Pete

Re: Judas Priest Farewell Tour

Post by Pete »

PyroMessiah86 wrote:Full Story Here : http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=150501" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:shock: Didn't see this coming....

After storming the world for nearly 40 years and taking its very special brand of heavy metal to all four corners of the planet, JUDAS PRIEST — one of the most influential heavy metal bands of all time — has announced plans to embark on a final world tour. However, the mighty PRIEST will certainly be going out strong as they rock the planet starting in 2011 on the massive "Epitaph" tour — hitting all the major cities throughout the world where they will be playing the songs that helped make the name JUDAS PRIEST synonymous with heavy metal!

With all guns blazing and amps cranked to eleven, the band will be giving all its fans one last chance to witness the ultimate metal experience that is JUDAS PRIEST!

JUDAS PRIEST will be starting its world tour in Europe and has just confirmed the following festivals for 2011:

Jun. 09 - Sweden Rock Festival, Sölvesborg, Sweden
Jun. 11 - Sauna Open Air, Tampere, Finland
Jun. 17 - Copenhell Festival, Copenhagen, Denmark
Jun. 19 - Hellfest, Clisson, France
Jun. 22 - Gods of Metal, Milan, Italy
Jun. 25 - Graspop Metal Meeting, Dessel, Belgium
Jul. 23 - High Voltage, London, UK
Aug. 05 - Wacken Open Air, Wacken, Germany

They better (by me, better by you) be delivering the goods, or we'll all be breakin the law, screaming for vengeance and tthey'll have anouther thing comin'...

If they play Manchester and tickets are reasonably priced I would like to see Priest, if this truly is the last time out...
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
skinnymartin

Post by skinnymartin »

Who cares about Manchester?

Wacken FTW.

Wacken line-up is amazing:

Ozzy, Avantasia, Blind Guardian, Airbourne, Judas Priest

I'm goin don't ya know.
Martin Curtis BA (Hons) ELL (Open)
(status accurate from 3 August 2010)

A world without heroes
Is like a world without sun
You can't look up to anyone
Without heroes
Pete

Post by Pete »

skinnymartin wrote:Who cares about Manchester?

Wacken FTW.

Wacken line-up is amazing:

Ozzy, Avantasia, Blind Guardian, Airbourne, Judas Priest

I'm goin don't ya know.
I do!
Not a massive Priest fan, but would like to see them, if this is the last time.

That wacken line up looks a bit poor to me...
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
PyroMessiah86

Post by PyroMessiah86 »

Yeah out of that Wacken lineup... Priest is the only thing that appeals to me. (as it could be the last time to see them)

Hmmm Ozzy? I'll stick to my memories of the 2002 Ozzfest at Donnington. A shadow of what he was then.
Spooky_Von_Glitter
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Spooky_Von_Glitter »

Sorry, But when i finally got to see Priest in 2008, i was almost bored to tears. I was very disappointed with them, shame i thought they were ok on CD!
Derp de derp de diddly derp!
crad
Creatures Of The Night (1982)

Post by crad »

I Hope the do some arena's too
If offended please feel free to report me to your nearest MOD
Karl
Gene Simmons (1978)

Post by Karl »

Spooky_Von_Glitter wrote:Sorry, But when i finally got to see Priest in 2008, i was almost bored to tears. I was very disappointed with them, shame i thought they were ok on CD!
Agreed, but they were touring the Nostradamus album, which was pretty poor.
If this hadn't have been the case, I think they would have been excellent.

The classic stuff they did at the end of the set was awesome.
Official Kiss Army member #1960
dtkdemongene
Music From "The Elder" (1981)

Post by dtkdemongene »

At Download they were dull as dull can be...
When I saw them with Scorpions they were even more dull and Scorpions blew them away. I left halfway through Priest (which is something I seldom do...)!
Live the KISS experience with the World's longest running/Europe's #1 KISS Tribute Band 'Dressed To Kill'.
http://www.dressedtokill.org.uk
http://www.myspace.com/kisstributeuk
The PERSONAL choice of Gene Simmons - "Accept NO substitutes!"
Bay
Best Of The Solo Albums (1979)

Post by Bay »

I think they'll still struggle to sell tix for an arena tour, even a farewell tour, sadly. The nec was more than half empty last time i saw them, and that was with Megadeth supporting!! :shock:
The promoters must have taken a big hit on that tour, can't see them lining up to book Priest again :(
ImageImageImageImage
MrBlackwell
Alive II (1977)

Post by MrBlackwell »

Scorpions and now Judas Priest doing farewell tours...my youth is slowly disappearing :cry:

JP have always been 2nd only to KISS for me...despite Nostradamus being a crap album and tour.

Hope they go out in style, and I'll be there for at least 1 of the gigs to say a fond farewell.
High Priest of Kisstianity.

Gojira1975
Gene Simmons (1978)

Post by Gojira1975 »

I hope they do some arena shows too, although High Voltage does look interesting, pretty cheap too, and easy for me to get to.

I saw the Angel Of Retribution tour - they were ok, but Scorpions were better. Didn't see the Nostradamus tour, but am not too upset about that fact as the album is pretty poor.
DEATH TO FALSE METAL
skinnymartin

Post by skinnymartin »

A. The Wacken line-up is excellent - Avantasia, Blind Guardian are excellent bands that rarely come over here. Airbourne are always great value.

B. I agree that at Download they were a bit dull. I am willing to give them a second chance and I am quite excited by it.
Martin Curtis BA (Hons) ELL (Open)
(status accurate from 3 August 2010)

A world without heroes
Is like a world without sun
You can't look up to anyone
Without heroes
Pete

Post by Pete »

skinnymartin wrote:A. The Wacken line-up is excellent - Avantasia, Blind Guardian are excellent bands that rarely come over here. Airbourne are always great value.
In your opinion sir. :wink:
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Dan bach
Animalize (1984)

Post by Dan bach »

Priest are a Brum band - if they can't do the NEC, what about the NIA or what about Aston Villa Leisure Centre or the Midlands best theatre/Odeon/Apollo sized venue, imho, Wolverhampton's Civic Hall.

Priest were excellent in 2005, imho at the Apollo, Manc; but at Donington 08 - I was waiting for KISS and also Priest in the daylight - it sort of loses something (akin to Type O Negative's appearance at Donington '96 on the second stage).

Priest still talk about Brum/the Midlands with fondness - so I reckon they still will do a "hometown farewell gig" :)