Whitesnake announce 2011 UK tour.

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
Pete

Whitesnake announce 2011 UK tour.

Post by Pete »

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news ... e-uk-tour/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Whitesnake have announced a UK tour for the early summer.

You can see David Coverdale and the band in June at:

Mon. 13: Newcastle City Hall

Tue. 14: Glasgow Clyde Auditorium

Thu. 16: Wolverhampton Civic Hall

Fri. 17: Manchester O2 Apollo

Sun. 19: Bournemouth BIC

Mon. 20: London Hammersmith Apollo

Tickets go on sale from 9am on Friday, December 17. They’re priced at £38.50 regionally/£39.50 London (subject to booking fee) and are available from http://www.livenation.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The band’s new, as yet untitled album will be released by Frontiers in March.
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
MrBlackwell
Alive II (1977)

Re: Whitesnake announce 2011 UK tour.

Post by MrBlackwell »

Whitesnake were the 1st band I ever saw Live (Deeside, Come and Get It Tour) and David Coverdale had the best voice in rock imho. The last time I saw them was in the late 90's and I was shocked by had bad his voice had gone...he basically just shouted :?

Any up to date reviews on how he's doing live nowadays?
High Priest of Kisstianity.

Sour Mash
Unmasked (1980)

Post by Sour Mash »

I last saw Whitesnake twice summer of 2008,Dublin and Download,,and it was the most embarassing performances ive ever wittnessed....Just disgraceful hes going out again...
fu*k Coverdale save your money and invest in the Whitesnake album catalogue instead...
IAN

http://kissoffline2012.forumotion.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dont Take Shit from anyone...ever....
Gene Simmons 1984..
Dan bach
Animalize (1984)

Post by Dan bach »

Sour Mash wrote:I last saw Whitesnake twice summer of 2008,Dublin and Download,,and it was the most embarassing performances ive ever wittnessed....Just disgraceful hes going out again...
fu*k Coverdale save your money and invest in the Whitesnake album catalogue instead...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biIQiRwmw5U[/youtube]

Dublin's performance was better than Download. 2009.

The Restless Heart tour he did in 1997/1998 was one of his best ....
People would shout out obscure song titles - mine was "wine, women and song" and the guy sang 3/4 of the song.
Fair play.
ric k iss
The Originals II (1978)

Post by ric k iss »

his voice was shit when i saw him with gary moore and y&t years ago at the nec, heard plenty of reports it's still shit and even that there maybe offstage singing help/backing tapes mooted for this tour...........i'll keep my cash - if i want to see miming and tapes i'll go to the x factor tour.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Sounded ok at the MEN, June 2008.

Problem Coverdale has is his voice is/was perfect for old bluesy Whitesnake, then came Still of the Night and all the screamers which caused him all the problems he's had over the last few years. Whether or not he can handle either styles these days remains to be seen...
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
grunge
Peter Criss (1978)
Location: Walsall, West Of The Midlands! Official KISS ARMY Member #1010 XBox Live: Oh4Q

Post by grunge »

Ooooh too poo!
They were awful at the Arrow Festival in 2008.
Danger You, Danger Me, Danger Mouse!
Shock Me - Put on your black SWEATER!

ImageImageImage ImageImage
Pete

Post by Pete »

Is this what irony is then? Kiss fans slating a vocalist who can no longer sing the way he used to? :? Just wondering like...
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Downy
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Downy »

Pete wrote:Is this what irony is then? Kiss fans slating a vocalist who can no longer sing the way he used to? :? Just wondering like...
I was thinking the exact same thing myself.
Give the guy a break. :wink: :)
AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by AxeBass »

Downy wrote:
Pete wrote:Is this what irony is then? Kiss fans slating a vocalist who can no longer sing the way he used to? :? Just wondering like...
His turkey neck and long departed gums are far funnier than his voice.

Im sure the die hards will gobble up a few tickets but that will be it.
Joseph KISS Senior
The Originals (1976)

Post by Joseph KISS Senior »

Yeah, I like Whitesnake. I'll be at Manchester. :D
Bay
Best Of The Solo Albums (1979)

Post by Bay »

They're playing at Graspop too, which is looking like a fantastic line up!
http://graspop.be/2010/en/index.html
ImageImageImageImage
Sour Mash
Unmasked (1980)

Post by Sour Mash »

Your point exactly Pete..? I never slated Pauls voice,sure in 2008 period he was struggling,but fuc*ing night and day confirmed to this example I made of DC...Ive been going to gigs for over 30 years and I have never heard performances as bad as them 2 Whitesnake shows in 2009...cringeworthy embarassing performances..Sure Slating may be a word youve used but in this context its well deserved...no need to turn this into a Kiss V whitesnake debate... :wink:
Last edited by Sour Mash on Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
IAN

http://kissoffline2012.forumotion.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gene Simmons 1984..
Sour Mash
Unmasked (1980)

Post by Sour Mash »

Downy wrote:
Yeah break his legs so he cant make the tour ..! save the poor punters £38.50..anoher quid for the rich cockneys,,!
IAN

Gene Simmons 1984..
Pete

Post by Pete »

Sour Mash wrote:
Your point exactly Pete..? I never slated Pauls voice,sure in 2008 period he was struggling,but fuc*ing night and day confirmed to this example I made of DC...Ive been going to gigs for over 3 years and I have never heard performances as bad as them 2 Whitesnake shows in 2009...cringeworthy embarassing performances..Sure Slating may be a word youve used but in this context its well deserved...no need to turn this into a Kiss V whitesnake debate... :wink:
I'm not turning this into a Kiss vs Whitesnake thread, I enjoy the music of both bands. :D I just find it highly amusing that Kiss fans can call Coverdale for his 'vocal' ablilites these days when for the past 4-5 years there's been constant threads about Paul and his vocals everytime Kiss go on tour. Maybe Coverdale's voice has gone, maybe after the surgery it's better who knows, I guess the only way to find out is attend the concert... :wink:
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)