One thing in common!!!

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
skinnymartin

Re: One thing in common!!!

Post by skinnymartin »

Bay wrote:

It must be Labour's fault, everything is. Martin you must be the only Tory on gods earth that wants poor people to aspire, your party wants to tread on the poor and scare them into taking dead end jobs. One step away from doffing their caps again. Fear is control, that's what the Tories 'aspire' to, they'll never change.
Their response to the student riots wasn't 'oh maybe we need a rethink on this policy' it was 'how fast can we get the water cannons out'
The only decent person out of the coalition is wasting his time dancing on tv!
As for your bin being emptied, i believe the Tory line is 'get on your bike and empty it yourself' :shock: :D
I could get very, very political about this - but being blunt, you do not understand the Conservative Party. Check out Disraeli and One Nation - the principle of One Nation is a core party principle.

The Labour Party have never been a party that aspires for the poor. They are a party that want their votes. That is why they trapped people on benefits, made them better off than if they were working and widened the gap between rich and poor and then spent an entire election campaign praying on those people's worst fears by raising questions about threats to Heating allowances, children's centres etc. etc. Labour are no longer the party of the working man, they are the party for the non-working man. In 1979 the Conservatives inherited a disaster from Labour which was caused by them destroying standards of living for the working man because of extremely high inflation and high debt and leading the unions into mass protest and rebellion. 2010 - SNAFU.

Tuition fees - the Conservatives looked at water cannon - and quite rightly, if rioters are going to chuck fire extinguishers off the top of buildings, they they should expect to be treated harshly. But, the recommendations brought forward on tuition fees were those that came from a report commissioned by the last Government. I don't agree with it - but what we got would have happened under a Labour Government if, by some miracle, they had won.
Martin Curtis BA (Hons) ELL (Open)
(status accurate from 3 August 2010)

A world without heroes
Is like a world without sun
You can't look up to anyone
Without heroes
kissinuk
Administrator

Post by kissinuk »

Everything so far introduced by this government has, imho, been poorly thought out and badly executed. Prime example, how the hell is it fair that a couple on 80k can get child benefit but one on 41k can't? No doubt another money saving idea to save on the admin required to run it fairly.
Bay
Best Of The Solo Albums (1979)

Post by Bay »

skinnymartin wrote:
Bay wrote:

It must be Labour's fault, everything is. Martin you must be the only Tory on gods earth that wants poor people to aspire, your party wants to tread on the poor and scare them into taking dead end jobs. One step away from doffing their caps again. Fear is control, that's what the Tories 'aspire' to, they'll never change.
Their response to the student riots wasn't 'oh maybe we need a rethink on this policy' it was 'how fast can we get the water cannons out'
The only decent person out of the coalition is wasting his time dancing on tv!
As for your bin being emptied, i believe the Tory line is 'get on your bike and empty it yourself' :shock: :D
I could get very, very political about this - but being blunt, you do not understand the Conservative Party. Check out Disraeli and One Nation - the principle of One Nation is a core party principle.

The Labour Party have never been a party that aspires for the poor. They are a party that want their votes. That is why they trapped people on benefits, made them better off than if they were working and widened the gap between rich and poor and then spent an entire election campaign praying on those people's worst fears by raising questions about threats to Heating allowances, children's centres etc. etc. Labour are no longer the party of the working man, they are the party for the non-working man. In 1979 the Conservatives inherited a disaster from Labour which was caused by them destroying standards of living for the working man because of extremely high inflation and high debt and leading the unions into mass protest and rebellion. 2010 - SNAFU.

Tuition fees - the Conservatives looked at water cannon - and quite rightly, if rioters are going to chuck fire extinguishers off the top of buildings, they they should expect to be treated harshly. But, the recommendations brought forward on tuition fees were those that came from a report commissioned by the last Government. I don't agree with it - but what we got would have happened under a Labour Government if, by some miracle, they had won.
Quit blaming Labour ffs, you had years and years in power and did nothing! Worse than nothing! How long do you need, 20 years, a 100????
You had a good leader over 120 years ago? Or is there another Disraeli i don't know about?
Rioters (as you call them) got women the vote, got rid of the poll tax, and numerous other things. You can only push people so far.
ImageImageImageImage
skinnymartin

Post by skinnymartin »

Nothing? Learn your history. Margaret Thatcher inherited a country on its knees with industry productivity at record lows and Unions dominating, controlling and striking, rubbish was not being collected, bodies were not being buried. When they left power the country was an economic powerhouse and an extremely healthy financial situation. I accept that MT was not everybody's favourite person, but that shouldn't ignore the facts. Unfortunately, what the Conservatives didn't do was invest enough in the public sector - but when TB took over, they sent the balance too far the other way.

In 13 years Labour destroyed the financial legacy they inherited - that they left us with a huge debt and record budget deficit is not blame it's fact.
Martin Curtis BA (Hons) ELL (Open)
(status accurate from 3 August 2010)

A world without heroes
Is like a world without sun
You can't look up to anyone
Without heroes
Bay

Post by Bay »

skinnymartin wrote:Nothing? Learn your history. Margaret Thatcher inherited a country on its knees with industry productivity at record lows and Unions dominating, controlling and striking, rubbish was not being collected, bodies were not being buried. When they left power the country was an economic powerhouse and an extremely healthy financial situation. I accept that MT was not everybody's favourite person, but that shouldn't ignore the facts. Unfortunately, what the Conservatives didn't do was invest enough in the public sector - but when TB took over, they sent the balance too far the other way.

In 13 years Labour destroyed the financial legacy they inherited - that they left us with a huge debt and record budget deficit is not blame it's fact.
Didn't invest?? Now you are having a laugh, she sold ALL of this country's assets, stripped us to the bone. Now where did all that money go? Her government sold our gas, our council houses and our oil rights. As an economic gamble it was shockingly damaging to this country. I shall personally piss on her grave everyday on her birthday.
Labour were far from perfect, but up until the WORLDWIDE recession we had no boom and bust, no crazy mortgage rates. I may suggest that you are the one who doesn't understand the Conservative party. Are you familiar with the old miners saying "Don't piss up my back" ?
Oh yes your fantastic Thatcher introduced the expenses system for MPs too, because she didn't think the people would like you lot giving yourselves raises. And that worked out just great.
If i remember my history correctly Labour inherited a cash strapped government from the Tories in 73/74 also, a recession that lasted until at least 75. You won't get away with blaming Labour for your mistakes forever.
ImageImageImageImage
Kev

Post by Kev »

YOW , people my bins still full :)
ImageImageImageImage

(only my opinion,in no way am i insulting you....statement copyright of plugtwot)
Roger H

Post by Roger H »

Kev wrote:YOW , people my bins still full :)
Is this a euphemism ?? :? :?
Kev

Post by Kev »

hairychin wrote:
Kev wrote:YOW , people my bins still full :)
Is this a euphemism ?? :? :?
No, its just a full bin :D
ImageImageImageImage

(only my opinion,in no way am i insulting you....statement copyright of plugtwot)
frontier(s)
Alive II (1977)

Post by frontier(s) »

Bay wrote:It must be Labour's fault, everything is.
Fair point.
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Got my bin emptied today. Has your bin been emptied yet Plug ? :lol:
Kev

Post by Kev »

Father Jack wrote:Got my bin emptied today. Has your bin been emptied yet Plug ? :lol:
:mad: Has it chuff, its like a tower block, well foook em every one is starting to line the road with bin bags. :D :D

3 weeks is a disgrace, its getting like living in medieval times, what next,chuck your sewerage out of the window to save water on a shitter flush.
ImageImageImageImage

Kev

Post by Kev »

Motorists will head into the New Year facing a double-hit to the price of fuel.

From January 1, a planned Government fuel duty rise will put 0.76p on the price of a litre of petrol and diesel.

Three days later on January 4 the increase in VAT to 20% will mean another jump in pump prices.

The AA estimates that the two increases will add around 3.5p to the cost of a litre of petrol and diesel.

AA figures show that at present, a litre of petrol costs an average of 123.98p a litre, with diesel at 128.20p a litre.

This time last year petrol was at 107.74p a litre and diesel at 109.46p.

The AA has estimated that motorists - even before the two latest increases - are spending almost £10m more a day on petrol than this time a year ago.

Another rise in fuel duty is scheduled to be brought in in April.

Professor Stephen Glaister, director of the RAC Foundation, said: "At the election there was much talk about a fuel duty stabiliser. Drivers will rightly be wondering what happened to that idea."

Simon Chapman, chief economist of the Freight Transport Association, said: "Diesel is not an optional extra for industry. It is essential to keep shops stocked and businesses supplied with materials.

"Rises in fuel commodity prices have already left operators facing diesel prices 9p per litre higher than a year ago - adding £3,800 per year to the bill of running an articulated truck.

"This latest fuel duty increase, together with those previously introduced this year, will add a further £1,200 per year."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Happy new year from the conservative party.
ImageImageImageImage

Bay

Post by Bay »

You missed out the hike in council rents and parking permits. I hope they enjoy their brief stint in power, it won't last long :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Revolution in 2011 ???
Its getting closer every day. Bled dry constantly by our government no matter who is in power.
The rich keep getting richer and flaunting it in the face of the common man....whilst the common man just gets shit on !

Apart from Plug, who just throws his shit out of the window to save on water bills. :lol:
Kev

Post by Kev »

3 WEEKS 2 DAYS WITHOUT A BIN WAGON NOW :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
ImageImageImageImage