Ex-Iron-Maiden-lead-singer-faces jail

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
dtkdemongene
Music From "The Elder" (1981)

Re: Ex-Iron-Maiden-lead-singer-faces jail

Post by dtkdemongene »

Apparently he's been jailed for nine months! He'll be out in 4 and a half.... :roll:
Live the KISS experience with the World's longest running/Europe's #1 KISS Tribute Band 'Dressed To Kill'.
http://www.dressedtokill.org.uk
http://www.myspace.com/kisstributeuk
The PERSONAL choice of Gene Simmons - "Accept NO substitutes!"
crad
Creatures Of The Night (1982)

Post by crad »

dtkdemongene wrote:Apparently he's been jailed for nine months! He'll be out in 4 and a half.... :roll:
Confirmed http://www.nme.com/news/iron-maiden/55399
If offended please feel free to report me to your nearest MOD
frontier(s)
Alive II (1977)

Post by frontier(s) »

Not to derail the thread too much, but I really do wish our politicians would stop allowing sentencing to be essential a LIE.

As rightly pointed out, a nine month custodial sentence actually means just a four and half month spell in jail. I sometimes wonder how many people are even aware of this.

This sentence basically means he's being paid £10,000 a month for going to jail for short while, because, let's face it, he's not going to ever pay a penny back.
skinnymartin

Post by skinnymartin »

frontier(s) wrote:Not to derail the thread too much, but I really do wish our politicians would stop allowing sentencing to be essential a LIE.

As rightly pointed out, a nine month custodial sentence actually means just a four and half month spell in jail. I sometimes wonder how many people are even aware of this.
Absolutely agree. A judge's sentence should be a minimum - with time added on for bad behaviour.
Martin Curtis BA (Hons) ELL (Open)
(status accurate from 3 August 2010)

A world without heroes
Is like a world without sun
You can't look up to anyone
Without heroes
frontier(s)
Alive II (1977)

Post by frontier(s) »

skinnymartin wrote: Absolutely agree. A judge's sentence should be a minimum - with time added on for bad behaviour.
Somehow, I don't think Ken Clarke shares your view. Talk about let down, he's determined to be softer on crime than even the last mob were.

If the current government do anything worthwhile in office, it'll be to move to a system of locally elected, accountable, judges. It'd also save the taxpayer some money on their ludicrous £125k pa starting salaries. That much money to sit there and tell use there's 'Nothing I can do, my hands are tied'? Jesus, anyone could do that.
crad

Post by crad »

frontier(s) wrote:
skinnymartin wrote: Absolutely agree. A judge's sentence should be a minimum - with time added on for bad behaviour.
Somehow, I don't think Ken Clarke shares your view. Talk about let down, he's determined to be softer on crime than even the last mob were.

If the current government do anything worthwhile in office, it'll be to move to a system of locally elected, accountable, judges. It'd also save the taxpayer some money on their ludicrous £125k pa starting salaries. That much money to sit there and tell use there's 'Nothing I can do, my hands are tied'? Jesus, anyone could do that.
All the Guide line on sentencing are Shite , the judges have a guideline in front of them To the severity of punishment for said crime,which is Rubbish
The judicial system needs a good overhaul Is someone kills someone HANG EM :D
skinnymartin

Post by skinnymartin »

frontier(s) wrote:

One of the changes that is being campaigned for is for the new police commissioners to have a free role to campaign on the judiciary - recognising the frustration that the police often feel about catching criminals who then get tiny sentences.
Martin Curtis BA (Hons) ELL (Open)
(status accurate from 3 August 2010)

A world without heroes
Is like a world without sun
You can't look up to anyone
Without heroes
frontier(s)
Alive II (1977)

Post by frontier(s) »

skinnymartin wrote:One of the changes that is being campaigned for is for the new police commissioners to have a free role to campaign on the judiciary - recognising the frustration that the police often feel about catching criminals who then get tiny sentences.
If they even get sentences.

The local judge in my town is literally a laughing stock for his summing up, which almost always starts with, 'I should be sending you to prison...' and ends with him letting the convicted repeat criminal walk free.

Only problem is, it's not funny for the criminal's next victims (which are usually created within a week or two).

Localy elected judges is the only way to ensure proper control over, and accountability for, the judiciary. It's time they remembered they're not supposed to be making friends with convicts.
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Whats the big issue about Paul DiAnno getting out the clink after just 4 months ?
Its benefit fraud which thousands of chav scumbags commit on a daily basis, not murder of child molesting. Most people done for benefit fraud get a slap on the wrist, a few hours community service and a £15 victims fine.....well, all the chavs around here get pretty much that when they're caught.
On another note, I find it had to fathom how people can think some sentences are meaningless when there are those who get away with burning poppies and spouting slogans of hatred / religious extremism & terrorist dogma all during a rememberance service and get a £50 fine.
Yes, a judges sentence SHOULD be the minimum served. However, the whole legal system is a farce and that was proven last week with that spineless £50 fine which proves we're shit scared of upsetting the mental toilet roll dodgers.
Downy
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Downy »

Father Jack wrote:Whats the big issue about Paul DiAnno getting out the clink after just 4 months ?
Its benefit fraud which thousands of chav scumbags commit on a daily basis, not murder of child molesting. Most people done for benefit fraud get a slap on the wrist, a few hours community service and a £15 victims fine.....well, all the chavs around here get pretty much that when they're caught.
On another note, I find it had to fathom how people can think some sentences are meaningless when there are those who get away with burning poppies and spouting slogans of hatred / religious extremism & terrorist dogma all during a rememberance service and get a £50 fine.
Yes, a judges sentence SHOULD be the minimum served. However, the whole legal system is a farce and that was proven last week with that spineless £50 fine which proves we're shit scared of upsetting the mental toilet roll dodgers.
Yeah mate,the countrys a bloody joke.
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

It is a joke mate. What country would make a chicken vindaloo with pickled onions in it ???
Pete

Post by Pete »

Father Jack wrote:It is a joke mate. What country would make a chicken vindaloo with pickled onions in it ???

I bet that's sacrilige in India.
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
crad

Post by crad »

Father Jack wrote:It is a joke mate. What country would make a chicken vindaloo with pickled onions in it ???
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: http://munchbrothers.org/2009/curry-rec ... ed-onions/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chicken curry

Ingredients:

6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs

1 ¾ c. coconut milk
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tbsp. Thai green curry paste
12 pickled onions :shock: :shock:
3 green chiles, diced
3 kaffir lime leaves, shredded
4 tbsp. fresh chopped cilantro
salt and pepper to taste
boiled brown rice, to serve
Directions:

Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces.
Pour coconut milk into large pan over high heat and bring to boil.
Add chicken and garlic to pan and bring back to a boil.
Lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until chicken is tender.
Remove chicken from the mixture with a draining spoon and set aside to keep warm.
Stir green curry paste into pan and add pickled onions , chiles and lime leaves; simmer for another 5 minutes.
Return chicken to pan and bring to a boil.
Stir in cilantro and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve over a bed of boiled brown rice.
Serves 4 persons.
frontier(s)
Alive II (1977)

Post by frontier(s) »

Father Jack wrote:On another note, I find it had to fathom how people can think some sentences are meaningless when there are those who get away with burning poppies and spouting slogans of hatred / religious extremism & terrorist dogma all during a rememberance service and get a £50 fine.
Yet another example of a judge seemingly using the law with the sole aim of antagonising the public who only accept the rule of law based on the unwritten agreement that it's used in our interests.

The £50 fine was an absolute disgrace and shows just how much contempt the judicary holds for our armed forces and others who pay their obscenely inflated salaries.