NEW Whitesnake

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
dtkdemongene
Music From "The Elder" (1981)

Re: NEW Whitesnake

Post by dtkdemongene »

The album's pretty good... I'm just getting tired of the multi-layer/highly compressed guitar sound. It just becomes muddy with no definition or 'space'... :neutral:
Live the KISS experience with the World's longest running/Europe's #1 KISS Tribute Band 'Dressed To Kill'.
http://www.dressedtokill.org.uk
http://www.myspace.com/kisstributeuk
The PERSONAL choice of Gene Simmons - "Accept NO substitutes!"
Joseph KISS Senior
The Originals (1976)

Post by Joseph KISS Senior »

Totally agree about the guitar sound.

A lot of the rockers on the album sound the same and also similar to stuff on Good To Be Bad, which is a real shame as it makes some songs just filler material.

There is quite a few good songs on Forevermore, I would recommend it.
I said to her ' Honey that ain't no pistol thats my...'
I SAID TO HER ' HONEY THAT AIN'T NO PISTOL THATS MY ... LOVE GUN'.
dtkdemongene
Music From "The Elder" (1981)

Post by dtkdemongene »

They've got MORE product coming out shortly.....

WHITESNAKE "LIVE AT DONINGTON 1990" DVD/DOUBLE LIVE CD SET OUT IN JUNE ON FRONTIERS RECORDS:
The fans demanded it…Whitesnake's Live At Donington 1990 DVD/live double CD set will now be available on June 3 in Europe and June 7 in North America, via Frontiers Records. Since the inception of Whitesnake.com more than ten years ago, this DVD has been the most requested product from fans of the 'Snake.
On August 18th, 1990, Whitesnake headlined the legendary Monsters Of Rock at Castle Donington festival (now known as Download). Whitesnake's performance at the festival was one of the most memorable events on the “Liquor & Poker World Tour” that saw the band play sold-out shows to over one million people. This incredible, never-before-seen, visual footage captures one of the most musically-intense Whitesnake line-ups performing in front 70,000+ fans. Mixed in glorious 5.1 and living, breathing stereo, it's the next best thing to actually being there! Whitesnake 1990 featured guitar greats Steve Vai and Adrian Vandenberg, bassist Rudy Sarzo, drummer Tommy Aldridge and of course, incomparable frontman David Coverdale.
The Live At Donington 1990 DVD also includes a substantial gallery of never before seen stills of the band on the “Liquor & Poker World Tour 1990”, plus an intimate behind-the-scenes documentary of the making-of the Slip Of The Tongue album. Please see below for the respective double CD and DVD track listings.
The Live At Donington 1990 will be available in 2CD set, DVD coverpack, combo 2CD + DVD in digipak and digital edition.

In other news, Whitesnake's brand new album Forevermore is out this week on Frontiers Records and is available in multiple configurations. The album is already receiving rave reviews from the press with The Aquarian dubbing it, “excellent…their bluesiest and grittiest release since their 1984 masterpiece Slide It In…”, while Hard Rock Hideout declares, ”Make no mistake, Forevermore, is an early front runner for record of the year.” Forevermore finds founder/singer/songwriter David Coverdale and company returning to their no-holds-barred, bluesiest, sexiest rock n' roll roots. Whitesnake is David Coverdale (vocals), Doug Aldrich (guitars), Reb Beach (guitars), Michael Devin (bass) and Briian Tichy (drums). The 'Snake will soon hit the road in support of Forevermore…
Formed in 1977, and steered by the legendary David Coverdale, Whitesnake carry a rightful reputation as one of the world's leading rock n' roll bands. Coverdale's blues roots, combined with a feral sense of rockin' and rollin', have consistently shaped the 'Snake's sound along with Coverdale's love and appreciation of impeccable musicianship. Whitesnake's ascent to the very top of the rock n' roll heap was confirmed with 1987's self-titled mega-platinum album, which saw two massive Top 10 hits, two #1 singles with “Here I Go Again” and “Is This Love” and a virtual 24-hour domination of MTV around the world.

Whitesnake Live At Donington 1990 DVD track listing: 1. Slip Of The Tongue 2. Slide It In 3. Judgement Day 4. Slow An Easy 5. Kitten's Got Claws 6. Adagio For Strato 7. Flying Dutchman Boogie 8. Is This Love 9. Cheap An' Nasty 10. Crying In The Rain (featuring Tommy Aldridge drum solo) 11. Fool For Your Loving 12. For The Love Of God 13. The Audience Is Listening 14. Here I Go Again 15. Bad Boys 16. Ain't No Love In The Heart Of The City 17. Still Of The Night. 18. Bonus content: The Making of Slip of the Tongue; Slide Show.
Whitesnake Live At Donington 1990 CD track listing: CD1 - 1. Slip Of The Tongue 2. Slide It In 3. Judgement Day 4. Slow An Easy 5. Kitten's Got Claws 6. Adagio For Strato 7. Flying Dutchman Boogie 8. Is This Love 9. Cheap An' Nasty 10. Crying In The Rain (featuring Tommy Aldridge drum solo)
CD - 1. Fool For Your Loving 2. For The Love Of God 3. The Audience Is Listening 4. Here I Go Again 5. Bad Boys 6. Ain't No Love In The Heart Of The City 7. Still Of The Night.
Live the KISS experience with the World's longest running/Europe's #1 KISS Tribute Band 'Dressed To Kill'.
http://www.dressedtokill.org.uk
http://www.myspace.com/kisstributeuk
The PERSONAL choice of Gene Simmons - "Accept NO substitutes!"
MrBlackwell
Alive II (1977)

Post by MrBlackwell »

Just got it and will give it a listen :)
High Priest of Kisstianity.

AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by AxeBass »

dtkdemongene wrote:WHITESNAKE "LIVE AT DONINGTON 1990"
Ive seen this once already ..... live in a field in 1990 & that is enough. The most disappointing headline act I've ever seen and that was when Coverdale could sing and had his own teeth.
nicksmithworld
Killers (1982)
Location: Wolverhampton "You are the rock'n'roll capital of the World!"

Post by nicksmithworld »

I love the new album, yes it's 'Good to be bad' part 2 and yes the guitars are too compressed..but Coverdale knows what a SONG is- unlike Black Country Communion...

Combining the Album with a Classic rock Magazine appears to be the way forward, I buy these mags anyway..and you get all the relevant interviews in one place..I give it 5 bays out of 5!! :D
feel free to feel offended, cyber-bullied, put out, outside of the clique, side-lined, marginalised or just generally have the piss taken out of. However it's a JOKE!-Nick's Mirth World!
Bay
Best Of The Solo Albums (1979)

Post by Bay »

nicksmithworld wrote:I love the new album, yes it's 'Good to be bad' part 2 and yes the guitars are too compressed..but Coverdale knows what a SONG is- unlike Black Country Communion...

Combining the Album with a Classic rock Magazine appears to be the way forward, I buy these mags anyway..and you get all the relevant interviews in one place..I give it 5 bays out of 5!! :D
I concur, best album they've done in years. imho :D
Just waiting for them to be announced for High Voltage now, and i'll be very happy :D
ImageImageImageImage
Joseph KISS Senior
The Originals (1976)

Post by Joseph KISS Senior »

Best Years
Give Me All Your Love
Love Ain't No Stranger
Is This Love
Love Will Set You Free
Forevermore
Steal Your Heart Away
Guitar Duel
My Evil Ways
Drum Solo
Ain't No Love In The Heart Of The City
(Bobby "Blue" Bland cover)
Fool For Your Lovin'
Here I Go Again
Encore: Still Of The Night
We Wish You Well

Set list from a show on 14th May. 4 songs from new album but only 13 songs in total plus solo spots. Hope they add more for the UK tour.
I said to her ' Honey that ain't no pistol thats my...'
I SAID TO HER ' HONEY THAT AIN'T NO PISTOL THATS MY ... LOVE GUN'.
skinnymartin

Post by skinnymartin »

From the Total Rock newlsetter.
Former Whitesnake members Micky Moody and Neil Murray have started a new band called Snakecharmer. Also on board and Thunder/Magnum drummer Harry James, ex-Ozzy keyboard player Adam Wakeman, vocalist Chris Ousy and one-time Wishbone Ash guitarist Laurie Wisefield. The six-piece's set will consist of songs with whom the various musicians have been associated.
So, is this just a tribute band?
Martin Curtis BA (Hons) ELL (Open)
(status accurate from 3 August 2010)

A world without heroes
Is like a world without sun
You can't look up to anyone
Without heroes
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Some would say so