Jovi To Tour Without Sambora...

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
acesmiddlefinger
Paul Stanley (1978)

Jovi To Tour Without Sambora...

Post by acesmiddlefinger »

Bon Jovi have announced that they are to set off on the US leg of their tour without Sambora, due to the guitarist entering rehab for a third time. I know most people on the forum wont be bothered by the news but i find it incredible that they would actually do this.Of course they have a touring schedule to fulfill but there are fans of the band out there who would count Sambora as big a draw as its over rated frontman.

I guess Jon thinks he can carry it off without his right hand man,i think he may under estimate the popularity of Sambora.

Could anyone imagine KISS touring without Gene or Paul,the Stones without Mick and Keef or the Smiths without Tyler and Perry?

I wonder if the box office will be swamped with fans wanting refunds!!
'Who knows where we'll be in the morning,i know we're here tonight'
Pete

Re: Jovi To Tour Without Sambora...

Post by Pete »

acesmiddlefinger wrote:Bon Jovi have announced that they are to set off on the US leg of their tour without Sambora, due to the guitarist entering rehab for a third time. I know most people on the forum wont be bothered by the news but i find it incredible that they would actually do this.Of course they have a touring schedule to fulfill but there are fans of the band out there who would count Sambora as big a draw as its over rated frontman.

I guess Jon thinks he can carry it off without his right hand man,i think he may under estimate the popularity of Sambora.

Could anyone imagine KISS touring without Gene or Paul,the Stones without Mick and Keef or the Smiths without Tyler and Perry?

I don't find anything incredible about what JBJ does anymore. He's worse than Gene for money grabbing, just gets away with it on the sly.

I hope Richie is ok though. HE is the talent in the band..
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
crad
Creatures Of The Night (1982)

Post by crad »

acesmiddlefinger wrote:Bon Jovi have announced that they are to set off on the US leg of their tour without Sambora, due to the guitarist entering rehab for a third time. I know most people on the forum wont be bothered by the news but i find it incredible that they would actually do this.Of course they have a touring schedule to fulfill but there are fans of the band out there who would count Sambora as big a draw as its over rated frontman.

A little like football No one is bigger than the Band or Club :wink:
And at his age Sambora should grow up Idiot .
If offended please feel free to report me to your nearest MOD
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Nothing about JBJ surprises me any more.
w00dy

Post by w00dy »

They should tour without JBJ...that'd make me fkn happy :lol:
Mr.Spireite
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Mr.Spireite »

Well I wouldn't be buying a ticket for Jovi without Sambora that's for sure......

To me, he is a totally underated guitarist who live is incredibly bluesy and tbh his vocals far outshine JBJ.

Bobby Banderas it is then, who has filled in before, along with Little Steven....JUST JBJ getting his kicks playing with his New Jersey heroes.

Something I have also never understood is why Huey McDonald has never been a fully fledged member either ????
highvoltage1969
The Originals II (1978)

Post by highvoltage1969 »

This from Ross Halfin's online diary:

"Bob Lefsetz wrote this and he's quite right. Bob, who I used to know well in the 80s, hit the nail dead on the head about Richie Sambora. Here's what he said in a blaze of glory.

If Sambora doesn't matter, why not go out as a solo, as Jon Bon Jovi with unknown players and keep all the money?

I know, I know, the show must go on, but really?

It's one thing if someone's paying $3 a ticket. You're all in it together. But at these prices, people expect the real thing. This is like buying a Mercedes Benz and finding out it's a Chevy under the hood. You're pissed!

This is different from Journey going out with a new lead singer. That's a celebration of the songs, people still believe in Bon Jovi, they want to reconnect with their youth, and without Richie "Wanted Dead Or Alive" is just not the same. Captain Phil died on "The Deadliest Catch", we accept it and the show goes on, but rehab is not like death, it's actually supposed to prevent death.

If one of your kids was in the hospital would you still go on the road Jon?

And don't tell me about all the support people you'd be letting down. Most of them have been sucking at the tit quite profitably for years, and if you're such a fan of the little guys, do one solo benefit show for them in New Jersey and charge up the yin-yang, your fans will pay for that.

I like your pay what you want restaurant (http://bit.ly/jxaUXq" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). But going on the road without Richie is like Tyler going on the road without Joe Perry, D.O.A.
Have you got no sense of history, no sense of loyalty?

And I realize they call it "Bon Jovi", and that's your name, and you've got a leg up. But Don Henley can't sell the tickets the Eagles do and do we really want to see an Eagles show without Frey?

Once upon a time bands were beholden to their fans.

Now they're beholden to their bank accounts.

Performers are just as greedy and vapid as bankers. That's why the business is dying, not because of P2P theft and the Internet.

I wasn't planning to go anyway, but I was offended upon reading the news and my inbox is filling up with naysayers.

And, I LOVE "Wanted Dead Or Alive". All those TV shows with Richie and you doing the number acoustically? Those are etched in my brain. That's why I give you a pass, that's why I still listen.

You cannot do it without your family.

And you may not pay him what you make, but Richie is a blood brother.

Cancel the dates, wait for him."
Pete

Post by Pete »

highvoltage1969 wrote:This from Ross Halfin's online diary:

"Bob Lefsetz wrote this and he's quite right. Bob, who I used to know well in the 80s, hit the nail dead on the head about Richie Sambora. Here's what he said in a blaze of glory.

If Sambora doesn't matter, why not go out as a solo, as Jon Bon Jovi with unknown players and keep all the money?

I know, I know, the show must go on, but really?

It's one thing if someone's paying $3 a ticket. You're all in it together. But at these prices, people expect the real thing. This is like buying a Mercedes Benz and finding out it's a Chevy under the hood. You're pissed!

This is different from Journey going out with a new lead singer. That's a celebration of the songs, people still believe in Bon Jovi, they want to reconnect with their youth, and without Richie "Wanted Dead Or Alive" is just not the same. Captain Phil died on "The Deadliest Catch", we accept it and the show goes on, but rehab is not like death, it's actually supposed to prevent death.

If one of your kids was in the hospital would you still go on the road Jon?

And don't tell me about all the support people you'd be letting down. Most of them have been sucking at the tit quite profitably for years, and if you're such a fan of the little guys, do one solo benefit show for them in New Jersey and charge up the yin-yang, your fans will pay for that.

I like your pay what you want restaurant (http://bit.ly/jxaUXq" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). But going on the road without Richie is like Tyler going on the road without Joe Perry, D.O.A.
Have you got no sense of history, no sense of loyalty?

And I realize they call it "Bon Jovi", and that's your name, and you've got a leg up. But Don Henley can't sell the tickets the Eagles do and do we really want to see an Eagles show without Frey?

Once upon a time bands were beholden to their fans.

Now they're beholden to their bank accounts.

Performers are just as greedy and vapid as bankers. That's why the business is dying, not because of P2P theft and the Internet.

I wasn't planning to go anyway, but I was offended upon reading the news and my inbox is filling up with naysayers.

And, I LOVE "Wanted Dead Or Alive". All those TV shows with Richie and you doing the number acoustically? Those are etched in my brain. That's why I give you a pass, that's why I still listen.

You cannot do it without your family.

And you may not pay him what you make, but Richie is a blood brother.

Cancel the dates, wait for him."
Agree with this 100%.
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
dtkdemongene
Music From "The Elder" (1981)

Post by dtkdemongene »

Lefsetz and Halfin are both Cocks.... but I agree with them in this regard.

Bon Jovi.... a 'brotherhood'?!? My arse!! :roll:
Live the KISS experience with the World's longest running/Europe's #1 KISS Tribute Band 'Dressed To Kill'.
http://www.dressedtokill.org.uk
http://www.myspace.com/kisstributeuk
The PERSONAL choice of Gene Simmons - "Accept NO substitutes!"
by*agrmt
Alive II (1977)

Post by by*agrmt »

Ho hum. They've had an 'invisible' bass player for years now, so bring on the invisible guitar player.
fried alive
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by fried alive »

by*agrmt wrote:Ho hum. They've had an 'invisible' bass player for years now, so bring on the invisible guitar player.
thats right
Pete

Post by Pete »

by*agrmt wrote:Ho hum. They've had an 'invisible' bass player for years now, so bring on the invisible guitar player.
They already have an invisble rhythm guitar player in the touring line up.
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Joseph KISS Senior
The Originals (1976)

Post by Joseph KISS Senior »

I think this has been on the cards for a while. Theres no reason for Bobby Bandiera to be there unless Jon thinks Richie can't handle it. This could be the first sign of Richie's eventual exit.

If Richie isn't at some shows then expect safer than normal set-lists.
I said to her ' Honey that ain't no pistol thats my...'
I SAID TO HER ' HONEY THAT AIN'T NO PISTOL THATS MY ... LOVE GUN'.